How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Looking very adorable Kira!

Have you decide to abandon the younger look you were using for your system avi? I thought it looked really sweet too.

Awww, thank you! ❤️

Abandoning Chloe, though?! Eek! Even you uttering those words makes me cringe! :( I really am Chloe. (What have I done? Dropped nearly $LL 25,000 now on all the new goodies; and now I regret it already). No, seriously, though, I love the latest Catwa and Maitreya stuff, to play with, but yeah, it pains me to even consider leaving Chloe behind. So, maybe I simply won't. Unless I can recreate her somehow with a Catwa head. I'm not exactly all that proficient with sliders, though. Thanks for reminding me to stay true to myself.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Very beautiful! ❤️ That isn't your profile-picture head, though, right? (Which I also love, btw).

Thanks so much. 💜 It's the same head, the Genus Baby,  It's just a new skin and different makeup. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's the Hardwick Manor by Apple Fall.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Apple-Fall-Hardwick-Manor/7507037

I wanted a place with a sort of simple, almost Spartan elegance -- neoclassical or Edwardian, perhaps (and definitely not Victorian) -- and, of the various options I demoed or visited, this was very much the nicest. Part of its appeal, aside from the level of detail (which is very good) is also that it has a "lived in" look (although maybe a little too "lived in" in places). And it's pretty huge. The other thing I wanted, mostly for photograph purposes, was lots of smaller enclosed spaces, lots of doors, and not too many windows: this fits the bill in that way, mostly.

On the downside, it's really LOD heavy, and uses a lot of high rez textures, so that you get some occasional texture thrashing. (It does come with a lower texture rez version, though.) And the layout on the ground floor is not quite what I'd have preferred.

A big plus for me, though, is that it's actually built to realistic proportions. My own avatar is 1.8m, and I generally have to shrink houses, skyboxes, and photo backdrops by about a third to make them work with my avatar, which can be a serious drag. THIS one looked perfect out of the box (although it's mod, so you can increase the size.)

Thanks for sharing! :) 

I really think it will be great home for you. The whole landscaping on that Apple Fall photo really adds immensely to it as well (at least for me). I'm sure a talented photographer like you will be able to do wonders with it. 👍 That car, though, looked  mite out of place, LOL - otherwise you'd really feel right there, at the start of the 20th century. :) But wherever you will place it, I'm sure it will be lovely. 🥰

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Catrie said:

Thanks so much. 💜 It's the same head, the Genus Baby,  It's just a new skin and different makeup. 

Wow! I couldn't even tell! :) What a difference customization makes! You really did a superb job, on both of them! ❤️

• Like 2

Wow! This place has been busy with so many new faces and amazing photos. I think I am finally all caught up on the pics... sorry if I missed liking anyone’s shots. I’m back from a relaxing mountain vacation and ready to get in world and take some pics. Awesome work everyone!! 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Getting a costume ready for a party this Friday.

7972791e964c4731f122b2927b4fcb76-png.jpg

Now that's a coincidence. I've just booted me and Skye up for a Pirate Party on 31st August at the beach. Not enough time today to post my picture, and Skye hasn't been in front of the camera yet in hers. I'll post mine tomorrow. I'm pleased how it turned out with a bit of pick and mix!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Raw shot. I haven't had time to put together a credits list (and I've had to contact the creator of the outfit I'm wearing, because a specific rigged piece was missing from the box) but I loved this close-up so much I had to quickly share it before I turned in for the night.

4bcbfed3a017e38e272a1d4c2092f6dc.jpg

• Like 22

6 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

Wow! This place has been busy with so many new faces and amazing photos. I think I am finally all caught up on the pics... sorry if I missed liking anyone’s shots. I’m back from a relaxing mountain vacation and ready to get in world and take some pics. Awesome work everyone!! 

Welcome back! :) You're always such a great force of positivity! ❤️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1