Jump to content

How does your avatar look today ?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 38.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my current avatar. She's an Usagi Child ^.^  

i was wondering around a SIM one day, and some dude private messaged me tellin' me he loved my look... he was very polite and kind, asked me to stop running and turn my AO off for him, so i did... the

Not a GREAT picture but i was working on this avi last night. :3 I'm obsessed with my face.

Posted Images

Molly

I have to mention the jewelry.

Squinternet Larnia of Donna Flora Jewelry, was an exceptional creator who passed away some years ago. She made exquisite pieces, not mesh though - we're talking a long time ago. Very unique, flamboyant style. I had dumped a LOT of my old inventory years ago (I still continue to purge periodically); some of her pieces got lost in one of those object dumps. Some of her friends got together and managed to recreate her line, and it's now available for a short time period to benefit Relay for Life. 

 

  • Like 28
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Distant Music

This was taken in the new house I just bought!

Distant-Music-Blank.thumb.png.f9cf2c715ad50f71d3847efd2683e5ad.png

 

Wonderful! ❤️ I love how you manage to express so much, just by having your avi look in a certain direction. :) (Be it awaiting delivery, trying to locate distant sound). 

That new home, btw, is all manner of shiny too. 👍

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kiramanell said:

 

Wonderful! ❤️ I love how you manage to express so much, just by having your avi look in a certain direction. :) (Be it awaiting delivery, trying to locate distant sound). 

That new home, btw, is all manner of shiny too. 👍

Thanks Kira. 🙂

As for the home . . . check out the plaster. It's a bit of a fixer-upper.

And I won't even talk about the plumbing.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Thanks Kira. 🙂

As for the home . . . check out the plaster. It's a bit of a fixer-upper.

And I won't even talk about the plumbing.

 

That 'sloven' look is what I like about it. :) Gives it a certain class.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yay! You must be pleased with how great you're looking!

Well, since I spent several hours and stayed up wayyyy past my bedtime cross shopping and demoing expensive skins specifically around the brand of my head, and finally got a set that cost L1400, you would think I would be all in on this one, lol. However, I am like the people upthread who identify with their avis, and feel their look has to represent who they are, and I am just not sure this is me, or at least who I want to project.

I think part of the problem is I am not sure what that is now. SL has changed so much for me, as has my motivation for being here. With this head change, I have kinda let go of the past and of my expectations of SL to a large degree. Instead of socializing and going to clubs, I am focusing on shopping and playing Barbie with my avi. The irony is that if I don't really interact with others, it doesn't matter what my avi looks like, lol. But I am doing it because it is fun and entertaining, not to look good for others, so I suppose it all works out in the end. :)

edit: Oh, and the eye shadow was way too dark for this pic, it should have been something more subtle. However, I suck at SL photography, and the ones that came with this skin were all the same except for the color. I forgot I have a couple in the head HUD, of course, lol. And I don't have any other make-up yet. I collected several demos last night, but wound up focusing on the skin and have not tried then yet. Something to keep me up late tonight, lol. ;)

Edited by Caerolle Llewellyn
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, karynmaria said:

 

That is a  lovely picture.  What house is that?

 

It's the Hardwick Manor by Apple Fall.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Apple-Fall-Hardwick-Manor/7507037

I wanted a place with a sort of simple, almost Spartan elegance -- neoclassical or Edwardian, perhaps (and definitely not Victorian) -- and, of the various options I demoed or visited, this was very much the nicest. Part of its appeal, aside from the level of detail (which is very good) is also that it has a "lived in" look (although maybe a little too "lived in" in places). And it's pretty huge. The other thing I wanted, mostly for photograph purposes, was lots of smaller enclosed spaces, lots of doors, and not too many windows: this fits the bill in that way, mostly.

On the downside, it's really LOD heavy, and uses a lot of high rez textures, so that you get some occasional texture thrashing. (It does come with a lower texture rez version, though.) And the layout on the ground floor is not quite what I'd have preferred.

A big plus for me, though, is that it's actually built to realistic proportions. My own avatar is 1.8m, and I generally have to shrink houses, skyboxes, and photo backdrops by about a third to make them work with my avatar, which can be a serious drag. THIS one looked perfect out of the box (although it's mod, so you can increase the size.)

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Squashed a rebel apostrophe
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

Well, since I spent several hours and stayed up wayyyy past my bedtime cross shopping and demoing expensive skins specifically around the brand of my head, and finally got a set that cost L1400, you would think I would be all in on this one, lol. However, I am like the people upthread who identify with their avis, and feel their look has to represent who they are, and I am just not sure this is me, or at least who I want to project.

Well, I suspect, if you're at all like me in this regard, that you can expect that figuring out who and what you want to project is going to be a sort of dynamic thing. It's like that in RL, after all: we continually "remake" ourselves over time. It's just faster and easier to do in SL. I remember being reasonably happy with my new look relatively early on in the process of going mesh, but the process was (and probably still is) ongoing, and I look now quite a bit different than I did fresh out of the box 8 months ago (or whenever it was).

And really, although I am not one of those people who enjoys spending hours demoing skins and heads, part of the fun of this is exploring and actually discovering how you want to represent yourself!

2 hours ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

I think part of the problem is I am not sure what that is now. SL has changed so much for me, as has my motivation for being here. With this head change, I have kinda let go of the past and of my expectations of SL to a large degree. Instead of socializing and going to clubs, I am focusing on shopping and playing Barbie with my avi. The irony is that if I don't really interact with others, it doesn't matter what my avi looks like, lol. But I am doing it because it is fun and entertaining, not to look good for others, so I suppose it all works out in the end. :)

That's probably a really healthy way to think about it. And SL is still varied enough that it's not impossible that you'll find new things, possibly connected with your new look, that will grab your attention. Since I came back I discovered (and have become unhealthily obsessed by) photography, decorating (mostly for photo shoots), and clothes shopping (gawd help me). And I've rediscovered exploring places, especially the mainland, by vehicle. I've given my scooter quite a work out, and I have a new speedboat I want to use more.

The other thing is that I've discovered, here in this thread and forum, a new set of friends. The people here are lovely. Exploit them mercilessly!

2 hours ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

However, I suck at SL photography.

We can work on that. 😊

And you can help me with makeup: I've been too minimalist too long.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...