How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I think I found them, hiding behind the pantheon there!

Yes, I saw that! It seems . . . odd. Although, certainly, there are lots of places of worship in SL, and I don't object to it.

In another thread, Belinda was musing about weddings. Now, if she does go that route, she can do it in style.

Oh PLEASE don't get me thinking about wedding dresses again...........although the church does look, well, appealing.....(see what I did there?).....

Anyways, I think Tati is next on that list........... @TatianaNikolay 🥂

Edited by BelindaN
  • Like 5

Someone mentioned to me today that they don't think they've ever seen my avi dressed in "normal" clothes.

And I just got to thinking...but I think, honestly, all these avi varieties of mine are "normal" me. 💛

Although, to be fair, I do have "normal" clothes for my avi. Wait until winter time, I'll be dressed up in sweaters all day erryday.

Mura_021_421.jpg

• Like 26

10 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yep, it can involve a lot of work, right?

There are a great many people here on this thread who love playing with mesh head looks -- experimenting with different models, different shapes, different skins. I admire their creativity, but I'll confess I'm not one of their number.

I spent a good month or two pretty intensively working on my Genus head before I was more or less happy with the look. But since then it's been a process of continual tweaking, particularly of the shape (although I've tried a few new skins and brow appliers along the way). Often my "tweaks" will happen after I've taken a few photographs of my avi and noticed things I don't like about the look that weren't apparent until I'd viewed it in a particular light, or from a particular angle. My most recent one was about 3 weeks ago, and involved some admittedly very subtle changes to the eyes, forehead, and mouth. About a month before that, it was neck length. I'm pretty happy with it now, but I'm sure in another month or so I'll be saying "How did I miss that?" and making some small fiddly adjustment that no one will even notice.

I think you've got a great look now: your avi is beautiful. But, of course, it all depends on what you're trying to achieve. The only minor suggestion I might have is to look into hair bases to soften the transition between forehead and  hairline. But that is pretty trivial and fiddly, and I'll admit that I'm pretty inconsistent in my use of them too!

Really looking forward to see how this project develops!

I probably will keep experimenting, even though I am pretty happy with what I have. I am not completely satisfied, and that is what will drive me, even though I know I am not likely to do better.

The 'skirt/dress tail in the panties' thing is what worries me, and that is a big reason I welcome feedback. I also feel that all of us are better than any of us, and other people may have some great ideas or suggestions of vendors that I don't know about. Really, I would be nowhere with the head stuff if a friend of mine had not taken hours away from her precious time in SL to help me. :)

Wrt the hair base, doh!!! I removed my hair and hair base so I could see my face better for adjustments, and when I put my hair back on, I didn't even think of the hair base. It was pretty late, lol. I do have plenty of options for that. I think the head HUD has that, the hair came with it, and I think there is one other option I am forgetting.

I do want to change some facial things other than the shape, though. For example, my old skin had versions for red brows. I need to get some more brows for my new head/skin. Also of course more make-up.

I am still confused/confounded by one thing. Perhaps I just shouldn't worry about it, but I cannot detach my old eyes (my new eyes don't replace them somehow) or get rid of my old skin. It seems like since I have a shape under the mesh body and head, it requires a skin. There are a couple of other vestiges of the old system avi like that. Drives me a bit crazy, lol.

One last change I will probably make is my skin. The one I am using is an inexpensive one that I like ok, but probably a more expensive one would be better. The more expensive one I am considering (from Pink Fuel) certainly has more options. I don't feel certain enough of the skin tone I want at this point or whether perhaps some better option exists to purchase it yet, though.

Thanks so much for the input! :)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Hehe, looks like you're in the same boat as I am: spending lotsa money on a new head and body. :) Your avi looks very beautiful, though. ❤️ One day I'll learn how to tweak my head to look acceptable too (this proves harder than I thought). And maybe even actually beautiful, like yours.

As for hairbase, as Scylla mentioned, didn't your head cone with one?! My new Catwa head certainly did. But with what we spend on everything else, LOL, even if your head came without a hairbase, getting a different one would cost comparitively nothing, right?! 😜

I got a mesh body probably a couple of years ago, at least. I have resisted the head for several reasons, and finally perfectionism and feeling like I was missing out got the best of me, lol. :)

Thanks for the kind words, you are too sweet! :) The only reason I was sort of successful was that I finally found a head that was close to something I liked, and I just tweaked a few things a bit. It actually took me a long time to realize you have to start with the shape that comes with the head, too. For a good bit I was using the head on my old shape, and that was hideous from the start, lol. So finally I used the shape that came with the head, and adjusted the body part of it to match my old shape. I do need to make some other adjustments to the body part, but it worked better for me than starting from scratch with the new shape.

Yes, I have plenty of options for the hair base! I am just an idiot, lol. That is the kind of thing I completely miss, and am glad for people pointing out to me. :)

Good luck with your search for a head and getting it to look like you want! Pics of course!!! :)

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

I got a mesh body probably a couple of years ago, at least. I have resisted the head for several reasons, and finally perfectionism and feeling like I was missing out got the best of me, lol. :)

Thanks for the kind words, you are too sweet! :) The only reason I was sort of successful was that I finally found a head that was close to something I liked, and I just tweaked a few things a bit. It actually took me a long time to realize you have to start with the shape that comes with the head, too. For a good bit I was using the head on my old shape, and that was hideous from the start, lol. So finally I used the shape that came with the head, and adjusted the body part of it to match my old shape. I do need to make some other adjustments to the body part, but it worked better for me than starting from scratch with the new shape.

Yes, I have plenty of options for the hair base! I am just an idiot, lol. That is the kind of thing I completely miss, and am glad for people pointing out to me. :)

Good luck with your search for a head and getting it to look like you want! Pics of course!!! :)

Aww, thank your for your kindness. 🤗

I already got the Catwa head (Lee) and Maitreya body. Maybe I will get a Catya head too.

I started tweaking the head first, with the HUD, which was kinda funny, cuz you're standing there, as a head only, and these Catwa heads continually stick their tongue out and such.  😛 Well, you had to be there, I suppose, but that was hilarious. :) I still need to go shop for a new shape; but the Maitreya body came with like 5 already, so I may well keep one of those.

You'd be amazed, btw, how far one can fall behind not keeping up for the last 2 years. It's like everything has changed, LOL. And most of my wardrobe, looks like I can toss that now, as I will need Maitreya compatible stuffz.

Avi is not done yet; but since I'm actually blonde myself, decided to get some lovely blonde Doux hair too. Bought some gorgeous eyelashes as well (Manhattan Nights, iirc), but the alpha of my hair, and that of the eyelashes keep canceling each other out (ugh). So, yeah, need to either find non-alpha hair, or get a hairdo with hair not partly covering my eyelashes. But I assembled several nice outfits already, so I may yet be able to show some pics soon. :) 

Anyway, thx again!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

I am still confused/confounded by one thing. Perhaps I just shouldn't worry about it, but I cannot detach my old eyes (my new eyes don't replace them somehow) or get rid of my old skin. It seems like since I have a shape under the mesh body and head, it requires a skin. There are a couple of other vestiges of the old system avi like that. Drives me a bit crazy, lol.

You have to wear an alpha that covers the eyes for the new ones to show up. Your head prob came with an alpha that also covers the old eyes and one that doesn't. Play with that and it will prob fix that issue.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

I already got the Catwa head (Lee) and Maitreya body. Maybe I will get a Catya head too.

I started tweaking the head first, with the HUD, which was kinda funny, cuz you're standing there, as a head only, and these Catwa heads continually stick their tongue out and such.  😛 Well, you had to be there, I suppose, but that was hilarious. :) I still need to go shop for a new shape; but the Maitreya body came with like 5 already, so I may well keep one of those.

You'd be amazed, btw, how far one can fall behind not keeping up for the last 2 years. It's like everything has changed, LOL. And most of my wardrobe, looks like I can toss that now, as I will need Maitreya compatible stuffz.

Avi is not done yet; but since I'm actually blonde myself, decided to get some lovely blonde Doux hair too. Bought some gorgeous eyelashes as well (Manhattan Nights, iirc), but the alpha of my hair, and that of the eyelashes keep canceling each other out (ugh). So, yeah, need to either find non-alpha hair, or get a hairdo with hair not partly covering my eyelashes. But I assembled several nice outfits already, so I may yet be able to show some pics soon. :) 

Anyway, thx again!

If I had to pick one place for hair it would be Doux.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Rhiannon108 said:

You have to wear an alpha that covers the eyes for the new ones to show up. Your head prob came with an alpha that also covers the old eyes and one that doesn't. Play with that and it will prob fix that issue.

Yes, I have the alpha on, so my new eyes are showing fine. It just bugs me that I cannot detach eyes I am not even using!!! :)

Thanks for the tip! :)

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Anyway, thx again!

Wow, what a make-over! I am excited to see your new look when you are finished! :)

Good luck with everything. I know it is a lot of work, but I hope you are enjoying the process! :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

Wow, what a make-over! I am excited to see your new look when you are finished! :)

Good luck with everything. I know it is a lot of work, but I hope you are enjoying the process! :)

Thanks. :) Yes, I'm having tons of fun (my LL$ balance finds it less funny, but me, personally, I'm enjoying the process 🤩). Finally I'll have a presentable avi, like the rest of you. YAY. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Thanks. :) Yes, I'm having tons of fun (my LL$ balance finds it less funny, but me, personally, I'm enjoying the process 🤩). Finally I'll have a presentable avi, like the rest of you. YAY. 

Yes, those dollar signs ring up quickly, lol! :)

And please, hush that stuff about finally having a presentable avi!!!! From what I can tell from your forum pic, you are massively cute already! Honestly, when you are done, people will probably have to look away to not melt into a puddle of amazement! ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

Yes, those dollar signs ring up quickly, lol! :)

And please, hush that stuff about finally having a presentable avi!!!! From what I can tell from your forum pic, you are massively cute already! Honestly, when you are done, people will probably have to look away to not melt into a puddle of amazement! ;)

But no pressure, right?! LOLOL. Seriously, I've seen avis here that I wouldn't even believe were possible! Some ppl are simply extremely talented. And I enjoy looking at all of it. :) 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

But no pressure, right?! LOLOL. Seriously, I've seen avis here that I wouldn't even believe were possible! Some ppl are simply extremely talented. And I enjoy looking at all of it. :) 

Yes, I agree there are some highly-styled, impressive, beyond perfect ones! I don't have the talent to do that, but I am ok with that. That is not me anyway. :)

• Like 3