How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wow! YAY!!!

This looks great, Caer!

Thanks, Scylla, you are too kind! :)

I only had the limited brows, lipstick, and eye shadow that came in the HUD, and may be missing something there, too, lol. I have learned a lot the last few days, but still a lot to learn. The face is not what I want, really, but after working with a dozen heads for a long time, and putting different hairs on them, this was what I liked best. I am not very good at detail, and don't have much of an 'eye,' so I tend to come up with ok but not great looks, so I am always very open to suggestions about face shape tweaks or make up.

Caer :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

Thanks, Scylla, you are too kind! :)

I only had the limited brows, lipstick, and eye shadow that came in the HUD, and may be missing something there, too, lol. I have learned a lot the last few days, but still a lot to learn. The face is not what I want, really, but after working with a dozen heads for a long time, and putting different hairs on them, this was what I liked best. I am not very good at detail, and don't have much of an 'eye,' so I tend to come up with ok but not great looks, so I am always very open to suggestions about face shape tweaks or make up.

Caer :)

Yep, it can involve a lot of work, right?

There are a great many people here on this thread who love playing with mesh head looks -- experimenting with different models, different shapes, different skins. I admire their creativity, but I'll confess I'm not one of their number.

I spent a good month or two pretty intensively working on my Genus head before I was more or less happy with the look. But since then it's been a process of continual tweaking, particularly of the shape (although I've tried a few new skins and brow appliers along the way). Often my "tweaks" will happen after I've taken a few photographs of my avi and noticed things I don't like about the look that weren't apparent until I'd viewed it in a particular light, or from a particular angle. My most recent one was about 3 weeks ago, and involved some admittedly very subtle changes to the eyes, forehead, and mouth. About a month before that, it was neck length. I'm pretty happy with it now, but I'm sure in another month or so I'll be saying "How did I miss that?" and making some small fiddly adjustment that no one will even notice.

I think you've got a great look now: your avi is beautiful. But, of course, it all depends on what you're trying to achieve. The only minor suggestion I might have is to look into hair bases to soften the transition between forehead and  hairline. But that is pretty trivial and fiddly, and I'll admit that I'm pretty inconsistent in my use of them too!

Really looking forward to see how this project develops!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

New head and requisite new skin. Need to get some make-up for the new skin, but pretty happy with the baseline. Have a second head, got the head the way I want but need to adjust the body of that shape. Lot of money and work, but fun project! :)

590546080_newhead_001.thumb.png.272e498a6505fda454043ac53c78dc40.png

Hehe, looks like you're in the same boat as I am: spending lotsa money on a new head and body. :) Your avi looks very beautiful, though. ❤️ One day I'll learn how to tweak my head to look acceptable too (this proves harder than I thought). And maybe even actually beautiful, like yours.

As for hairbase, as Scylla mentioned, didn't your head cone with one?! My new Catwa head certainly did. But with what we spend on everything else, LOL, even if your head came without a hairbase, getting a different one would cost comparitively nothing, right?! 😜

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Hehe, looks like you're in the same boat as I am: spending lotsa money on a new head and body. :) Your avi looks very beautiful, though. ❤️ One day I'll learn how to tweak my head to look acceptable too (this proves harder than I thought). And maybe even actually beautiful, like yours.

As for hairbase, as Scylla mentioned, didn't your head cone with one?! My new Catwa head certainly did. But with what we spend on everything else, LOL, even if your head came without a hairbase, getting a different one would cost comparitively nothing, right?! 😜

Stealthic Hair has hair with built-in hair bases, and looks awesomely real too

• Like 5

I'm so ridiculously busy right now...…...having just joined a dance troupe....yeah really...….that I haven't been able to fit in any photos...……..

So I made time to go out with Salty. There's a new sim called "Yorkshire"...….. Well we had to go. For some reason it was super laggy, and we had to dodge a 4 day old numpty who got in the way. With Windlight and shadows set it was almost impossible to get a decent image but hey, that's SL...….

When we go home we relaxed and discussed how the session had gone...….. :)

SL46.png

SL45.png

SL41.png

• Like 26

We're trying to explore new sims when we get time and today I've done about four I think. This one is very well put together with a lovely stream...….perfect for a photo.....

No shadows today, just a sky setting......

The sim is "Mimmo", and as I write this, I crashed out...…. :)

SL42.png

• Like 24

2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

I'm so ridiculously busy right now...…...having just joined a dance troupe....yeah really...….that I haven't been able to fit in any photos...……..

So I made time to go out with Salty. There's a new sim called "Yorkshire"...….. Well we had to go. For some reason it was super laggy, and we had to dodge a 4 day old numpty who got in the way. With Windlight and shadows set it was almost impossible to get a decent image but hey, that's SL...….

When we go home we relaxed and discussed how the session had gone...….. :)

I have been in Yorkshire too, it is nice little place. sad that you didnt manage wander there more. Try go back some day, it is worth of it.

/p.s. very old pic from mine classic head days, made in Yorkshire/

Noon_Yorkshire

Edited by Vihmakass
Typoneeze Queen moment
  • Like 24

12 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

I need that makeup set! Where's it from?

The eyeshadow is the Adorabundle by Adored - which was in the Catwa Powder Pack for July 2019 - and the lipstick is the Marina Lipstick by Psycho:Byts (Catwa, Lelutka, Genesis, AK, Slink Visage, and Omega appliers).

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Angelina String said:

Looking for Aegle, Hesperia or Erythia?

I think I found them, hiding behind the pantheon there!

2 hours ago, Angelina String said:

I've been to some performances over in the church building before - but now it is restored to... well, a church.

Yes, I saw that! It seems . . . odd. Although, certainly, there are lots of places of worship in SL, and I don't object to it.

In another thread, Belinda was musing about weddings. Now, if she does go that route, she can do it in style.

• Like 3