How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

1 hour ago, VanillaLovelace said:

Why I am still undecided?

When I started with SL I came very early to the point, that a mesh body for my Avatar is a must .... but regards using a mesh head I was always struggling. Yesterday ... finally .... I decided to use a mesh head for my Avi .... but since that moment I am still undecided if I should continue with my new face or if I better go with my old one ....  aaarghhhhhh!

On the left side, a picture of „how my Avi looks today“ (Genus head) ... on the right side my old appearance (Classic head)

679FD51B-DAF3-4E4A-81BC-524CE4D01DF1.jpeg

Genus looks really great. 💕

• Like 6

3 hours ago, VanillaLovelace said:

Why I am still undecided?

When I started with SL I came very early to the point, that a mesh body for my Avatar is a must .... but regards using a mesh head I was always struggling. Yesterday ... finally .... I decided to use a mesh head for my Avi .... but since that moment I am still undecided if I should continue with my new face or if I better go with my old one ....  aaarghhhhhh!

On the left side, a picture of „how my Avi looks today“ (Genus head) ... on the right side my old appearance (Classic head)

Personally I'd go with the mesh head.  The area around the lips and eyes is better defined with the mesh head.  It's what convinced me to changed when bento came out so i could adjust the head to be similar to my system head.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Angelina String said:

Looks like someone is planning how to get some good photos out of this ;)

Snapshot_2801_cr2_cr.thumb.jpg.9fb5bf3a8481ef9427d6832b42654229.jpg

Here's my best take at it - us catching the last bit of sun before night...

Snapshot_2818_cr_r2.jpg

My thoughts are best described as inappropriate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/3/2019 at 2:43 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Hah! Thanks Kira, but not an "idea" at all: what I describe as happening had just happened when I took this pic. And that is where it happened! The only changes I made for the pic were to swap hair, add the facial expression, and lift my avi a bit higher out of the water. (Post-processing, I cropped and desaturated a bit.)

The annoyed expression is genuine insofar as it matched my RL one. There's nothing quite so simultaneously hilarious and aggravating as watching the blue square representing your vehicle on the minimap shoot off into the distance without you.

Now the only addition the pic needs is a submerged Maddy stalking me from below, to the theme of Jaws.

Hehe, has happened to me several times too, actually. 🥰 You take the yacht out for a spin, then, when crossing a sim, the bow of your ships gets lifted up, several parts appear to be missing, and then you're suddenly disconnected (in my case). Was a little less hilarious than your case, but sim cossing with vehicles definitely aren't foolproof yet.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ah . . . but what IS art?? 

😉

Teehee, was just reading up on your LEA thread (was away for the weekend); and my, you really wrote an entire library in my absence. :P Great thoughts, though. So, ask me that question a bit later, LOL, when I had time to catch up. :) 

• Like 1

@Matty Luminos - Oh, you are one-armed. Or half-armed? I noticed this on another picture and figured it might just be the angle of the pose and camera position somehow spiriting it away, but I got really confused about where the arm went. One mystery solved, another discovered. 🤔

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

@Matty Luminos - Oh, you are one-armed. Or half-armed? I noticed this on another picture and figured it might just be the angle of the pose and camera position somehow spiriting it away, but I got really confused about where the arm went. One mystery solved, another discovered. 🤔

Yes, coincidentally I explained it today in another thread..

• Like 5