Nostoll

How does your avatar look today ?

16 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Mirror images of yourself can be done without an alt, and without a fancy prop with all the objects mirrored. First you take a picture of yourself from "within" the mirror. Imagine the mirror is actually a window, and then take a picture through that window. Then crop that picture to the exact size of the mirror, reverse it, upload the picture as a texture, add it to the surface of the mirror. Then take another picture of you, standing in front of your "reflection"

I am going to try this!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Then crop that picture to the exact size of the mirror, reverse it, upload the picture as a texture, add it to the surface of the mirror.

To avoid the 10L$ upload fee -  with Firestorm (don't know in other viewers) you do not have to upload the picture to SL, you can use the "Local" function when you select textures and add files from your local drive - works fine for a temporary texture that only needs to be there for a photo.

Saves me a lot of Lindens and/or logins to the betagrid when i'm playing around with textures - works fine as long as only you need to see the texture, others around you will of course not see the local texture...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

=Zenith=Charm banshee ward - RARE
[RA] Crystal Hair (Recolor)
.:KC:. EUPHORIA for MAITREYA
*Sweet Kajira* Rhim silks gold Maitreya

leoHuni_001.png

• Like 27

5 hours ago, MrsSeren said:

Just lazing around till I host later.

just lazying_001.png

^^ I'm really digging this great shot! ❤️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I was the sun (before it was cool)*

48441903766_f4b9fb23a1_h.jpg

*(Because yes, fellow Starbounders; I almost always play Novakid ;))

• Like 27

So, after some interesting SL photography pointers were given to me, I had a "I'm dumb..." moment and realized that I never toggle the shadows option to 'on' in my preferences when I take pictures. n.n; So, here's a few of my first study shots with shadows after making a quick set up with the advise given to me. :3

Mura_021_365 (2).jpg

Mura_021_363.jpg

• Like 29

This is my "There-I-was-happily-buzzing-houseboats-in-Bellisseria-with-my-new-red-motorboat-when-suddenly-I-got-tossed-into-the-water-at-a-sim-crossing-and-now-I'm-watching-on-my-minimap-while-my-boat-speeds-away-through-two-regions-without-me" expression.

617927871_Lost-Boat-Forum-2-Blank.thumb.png.4666b820389cbd630a27fbbed82083ee.png

• Like 24
  • Haha 11

52 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is my "There-I-was-happily-buzzing-houseboats-in-Bellisseria-with-my-new-red-motorboat-when-suddenly-I-got-tossed-into-the-water-at-a-sim-crossing-and-now-I'm-watching-on-my-minimap-while-my-boat-speeds-away-through-two-regions-without-me" expression.

617927871_Lost-Boat-Forum-2-Blank.thumb.png.4666b820389cbd630a27fbbed82083ee.png

Hehe, this is a great idea, and a wonderful shot! ❤️ And dat expression on you! Matches the story for a full 100%. Priceless. 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lost in Thought

69936361_endlesssea.thumb.jpg.e61b3886c74fe1037569da411787c66f.jpg

And no, I didn't lose my boat too. Imagine my surprise to follow another very similar shot LOL.   

• Like 20
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Angelina String said:

To avoid the 10L$ upload fee -  with Firestorm (don't know in other viewers) you do not have to upload the picture to SL, you can use the "Local" function when you select textures and add files from your local drive - works fine for a temporary texture that only needs to be there for a photo.

Saves me a lot of Lindens and/or logins to the betagrid when i'm playing around with textures - works fine as long as only you need to see the texture, others around you will of course not see the local texture...

I knew everything I needed to know to figure this out, but somehow hadn't. Thanks for pointing this out.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Hehe, this is a great idea, and a wonderful shot! ❤️ And dat expression on you! Matches the story for a full 100%. Priceless. 👍

Hah! Thanks Kira, but not an "idea" at all: what I describe as happening had just happened when I took this pic. And that is where it happened! The only changes I made for the pic were to swap hair, add the facial expression, and lift my avi a bit higher out of the water. (Post-processing, I cropped and desaturated a bit.)

The annoyed expression is genuine insofar as it matched my RL one. There's nothing quite so simultaneously hilarious and aggravating as watching the blue square representing your vehicle on the minimap shoot off into the distance without you.

Now the only addition the pic needs is a submerged Maddy stalking me from below, to the theme of Jaws.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Now the only addition the pic needs is a submerged Maddy stalking me from below, to the theme of Jaws.

1116054078_ScyllaandJaws.thumb.jpg.f4efe429d7c1f5a9fd6f1f1b1904a37a.jpg

You'll have to imagine the Jaws theme... hummed through a snorkel.

• Like 6
  • Haha 18

On 7/30/2019 at 10:41 AM, Laika Ravikumar said:

Victoria he does not have a flickr account had to block him on here and also on email almost had to leave sl because of this but ty 

If you recreate your Flickr account, Go to your Account Settings, Privacy & Permissions.  There you can set it so that only Flickr members can comment on pictures - and then block anyone negative.  

• Like 2