Nostoll

How does your avatar look today ?

surprise2_001.png.96d6ef8159e6e846fef3852936c9620b.png

So I came home from shopping yesterday and what did I find?

A BOAT in my swimming pool!!!!!!    ROFL

surprise_001.png.e3158a4861ab239be96971098e071269.png

• Like 7
  • Haha 10

8 minutes ago, Jazeia said:

So I came home from shopping yesterday and what did I find?

A BOAT in my swimming pool!!!!!!    ROFL

That's not the fairgrounds water taxi is it? i noticed it had been stuck at the Squishy Squid drop off a few days back then it disappeared 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TatianaNikolay said:

And because I couldn't wait to share...he proposed last night and I said yes :)

I Said Yes.png

Congratulations!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vihmakass said:

Finally got time to play with Face app.

Smile Like You Mean It.png

That looks so good and so natural...…….. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 7/16/2019 at 2:40 PM, Talligurl said:

Untitled

I love the colors.

On 7/16/2019 at 3:06 PM, Talligurl said:

Untitled

This looks really good too.

On 7/17/2019 at 5:33 PM, Chic Aeon said:

I journeyed over to Hangars Liquides last eve. I spent much time there in my youth, taking cyber punk fashion photos and the like. When made it was terrifically impressive; now it is a bit less so -- but still there is history there and a reminder of what the world was like when it, and we -- were younger.  

2128756732_hangarsliquides.thumb.jpg.e018043561a814406bcad87322550ec3.jpg

Insilico, Hangers, and others were so totally awesome when the first opened. I wonder if they have changed all that much, well Insilico has, or if I've just grown used to them?

Whichever, you look good... and not that ancient looking...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Summary Execution

Now then, let's see if we can't find a quick and easy way to bring this argument to a conclusion.

• Like 21

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Question: Have they ever NOT been in style in SL?

highly doubtful.  😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

According to this article in the BBC Culture section, mini skirts are making a big comeback!

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20190703-the-return-of-the-mighty-miniskirt

Looking-(Colour)-Blank.png

Trouble is.... longer dresses and legs don't work so well. Maybe bakes on mesh with flexi whatevers will be the saviour. 

I would love, and go for a range of classy mid length dresses which wafted like pleated silk. It would be awesome..... but, and it's a BIG BUT........

Never seen anything close.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Trouble is.... longer dresses and legs don't work so well....

That plus some of y'all have slightly better legs in SL than RL,  Not that I can relate to that or anything.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Trouble is.... longer dresses and legs don't work so well. Maybe bakes on mesh with flexi whatevers will be the saviour. 

No, I don't think BOM will have any effect on how legs and long skirts/dresses play with each other. It's mainly because of how animations move the bones and how the apparel is rigged to your body; if you've got an animation wherein you cross your legs (like Syo in the post above this one), and you're wearing a long dress/skirt, the dress will implode on itself and clip through itself.

The best way to deal with dress/skirt implosions is to avoid such animations whilst wearing them. I'd suspect/hope that there's some sort of leg or animation overrider-overrider that either locks your legs in place or just make them move very slightly when your avatar is moving - if anyone know of a good one, I'd be very interested to know!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

No, I don't think BOM will have any effect on how legs and long skirts/dresses play with each other. It's mainly because of how animations move the bones and how the apparel is rigged to your body; if you've got an animation wherein you cross your legs (like Syo in the post above this one), and you're wearing a long dress/skirt, the dress will implode on itself and clip through itself.

The best way to deal with dress/skirt implosions is to avoid such animations whilst wearing them. I'd suspect/hope that there's some sort of leg or animation overrider-overrider that either locks your legs in place or just make them move very slightly when your avatar is moving - if anyone know of a good one, I'd be very interested to know!

You and me both...plus a thousand other hopefuls......

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

You and me both...plus a thousand other hopefuls......

I did get one with a demo from... Blueberry, I think. So it appears to be possible. The AO in that one wasn't quite "me" though.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I did get one with a demo from... Blueberry, I think. So it appears to be possible. The AO in that one wasn't quite "me" though.

YOU...were at Blueberry???????? Oh....... :)

*swoons*

• Haha 5

25 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

I would love, and go for a range of classy mid length dresses which wafted like pleated silk. It would be awesome..... but, and it's a BIG BUT........

Well, you're obviously right about long dresses and skirts. On the whole, I just avoid those (which is fine, because it's not a favourite look of mine anyway). And swishy/pleated ones too, until someone works out a way to reintegrate flexi in a tasteful and attractive way (if that's even possible).

But actually, on the whole, I quite like the look of mid length skirts and dresses. The rigging causes all the usual problems that Orwar identifies, but you get that even with minis: take a look at the hem line of my skirt in my pic.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Another issue, with longer skirts, is that the textures stretch and deform. it would be nice to see a way that issue doesn't happen, but I think that's just a limitation of video games. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Right... If minis are making a come back in SL, it would have to be to replace the micro-skirts.

51 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Sadly too true. And Orwar is right. The way avatar animation works in SL it isn't going to happen. BoM, Animesh... they aren't the solutions.

• Like 4