How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Putin has all your dataz

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49027155

(Which is only a little more sinister than the fact that Belinda is building an army of clones who will one day take over the grid.)

(And apologies to @Karina Leborski: this looks as though I was responding to your post. I actually didn't see your FaceApp pic until after I posted this, so the juxtaposition is purely coincidental.)

And @Scylla Rhiadra these are the ones you know about. *evil laugh*

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Playing around to see what interesting effects I could get with Windlight and projected lighting. This Torley preset ([TOR] SPECIAL - Threshold) looked amazing with the pink and teal projected lighting from one of the Weekend Ruiner photobooths. These two images are completely un-edited, except for cropping and resizing:

2times01.thumb.jpg.da824b6df6caeefcf98d9a27e19ef069.jpg

2times02.thumb.jpg.2ec3b35057893ae4f95fcb242ba76b10.jpg

• Like 27

13 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

It was and wasn't there all the time. It's not Cheshire, it's Schrödinger's.

It would be difficult to find a more fitting emblem of one of the most important differences between you and I, Maddy, than the fact that I should choose as a metaphor something from Lewis Carroll, and you Erwin Schrödinger.

1280690796_CheshireCat-Blank.jpg.4e487005bc55fcd4a4c65541fc5f91f4.jpg

We are like a miniature re-enactment of C.P. Snow's "Two Cultures" thesis -- including his proposition that these two work best in dialogue with each other.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It would be difficult to find a more fitting emblem of one of the most important differences between you and I, Maddy, than the fact that I should choose as a metaphor something from Lewis Carroll, and you Erwin Schrödinger.

1280690796_CheshireCat-Blank.jpg.4e487005bc55fcd4a4c65541fc5f91f4.jpg

We are like a miniature re-enactment of C.P. Snow's "Two Cultures" thesis -- including his proposition that these two work best in dialogue with each other.

Nah ..i think you both are right bc Schrödingers cat is just same Cheshire cat who  from curiosity went to laboratory and just climbed into box take nap. Lab ppl just feared open box later bc ...you know it is there and it isnt there bc nobody knows where Cheshire cat actually is. Lab ppl are serious ones, they dont want think they went crazy or got tricked- so they invented theory of Schrödinger cat what all serious ppl can believe. Adult ppl are weird- ask from Little Prince, he can tell you more about it.

Edited by Vihmakass
sry. im Queen of Typoneeze, so mine native language kicks in
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Vihmakass said:

Nah ..i think you both are right bc Schrödingers cat is just same Cheshire cat who  from curiosity went to laboratory and just climbed into box take nap. Lab ppl just feared open box later bc ...you know it is there and it isnt there bc nobody knows where Cheshire cat actually is. Lab ppl are serious ones, they dont want think they went crazy or got tricked- so they invented theory of Schrödinger cat what all serious ppl can believe. Adult ppl are weird- ask from Little Prince, he cant tell you more about it.

Well, yeah! Prolly.

It's kind of cool, actually, that the Cheshire cat has been adapted by various branches of science to label particular scientific phenomena!

And physics has been adapted by artists and writers too, of course. I once caught a really interesting paper, given by an actual, living, breathing, practicing physicist, on the subject of quantum mechanics, the "many worlds" theory, and the novels and plays of Samuel Beckett.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Today was the day! Home alone for a couple of hours, so no interruptions...….and the perfect opportunity to see if my two laptops can support four girls in world...…….

Anyway, after a slow start, and an update on my old laptop, I got the girls over to Charleston Heights beach, where we met up by the refreshments kiosk.

After a few photos we decided it would be fun to do a Baywatch session there, and just before we went off, we dropped in at Blue Water Cove beach. It was early so not very busy, which was great. It takes a lot of concentration keeping four fidgety girls in line...….haha! 9_9

This really is it.....I just can't keep adding family, so I'll stick with three sisters and cousin Skye...…….. it was a lot of fun today.

SL17.png

SL13.png

SL12.png

Wow, ambitious!  These turned out really nice.  I can only imagine the coordination to pull this off!  It feels like it takes me forever to just set up one shot.  Lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jazeia said:

So I came home from shopping yesterday and what did I find?

A BOAT in my swimming pool!!!!!!    ROFL

That's not the fairgrounds water taxi is it? i noticed it had been stuck at the Squishy Squid drop off a few days back then it disappeared 

• Like 2