Jump to content

How does your avatar look today ?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 35.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my current avatar. She's an Usagi Child ^.^  

i was wondering around a SIM one day, and some dude private messaged me tellin' me he loved my look... he was very polite and kind, asked me to stop running and turn my AO off for him, so i did... the

I find it very entertaining to switch my looks according to my mood. I woke up one day and decided to change my shape into a more petite and "model" look.   Before (with Genesis Lab bento head):

Posted Images

sara0120192.thumb.jpg.8bb6c1d1c7dc9ca48957a5cd267110a7.jpg

So.., is it just that everyone (except for us, that is) are MIA for summer? Bummer.... it seems that @Scylla Rhiadra , @Eva Knoller, @Talligurl, @Orwar... and others are kind of holding down the fort until everyone is back from holiday. I plead guilty as well to slacking off in my “post-alcoholic” duties!  

This year is my second summer on this thread, and I don’t remember it getting so quiet last year?   🤫...  

The seriously good news is all the new blood contributing, which will make the thread really take off once we have all everyone back!!!

OH... new posters to this thread....

Please Join an in-world group called “Forum Angels”! Last Fall BelindaN set-up this group for regulars here to connect-up in world. I’ve met a lot of regulars to this thread because of it! It’s a great way for us to stay connected as a community!

The way I primarily use it is to search the group to see who might be online with me at the same time, then I IM them for an in-world introduction!!

Hopefully we’ll see you guys there as well!!!!

Join Today!

~ Sara

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 24
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2019 at 5:49 AM, Vihmakass said:

Like usual..after heavy shopping and event hoping you carry home pile of bags and boxes.......and end going to party still with dress what you had already year.

/sigh/

32346fce3c2dbf3e2c8b1995995758bb.jpg

Easy answer; because that dress is beautiful and looks lovely on you!!

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Orwar said:

   One of the best perks of my job.

image.png.6e0edda03e4a2fd0f36c413a442f0bce.png

Maybe I shouldn't admit this...….because minds will race down uncharted roads...……  ;)

I work with leather. Not every day, but I keep a stock of leather, sourced from e-Bay and from a factory which sells offcuts. I make....*coughs* ...pouches.....(yes I know!)......for things like mobile phones and other small items...…...for family and occasionally a commissioned item which I sell. I do the same thing using textiles. It's just a sideline, but I'm quite creative. I happened on a big offcut of blood red perforated leather, and it has made some striking "pouches"...…...all hand sewn!!!

In fact I just finished a textile (Mohair) waterproof apron for a child's buggy, which looks really good, and they loved it...…………….but the smell of leather is one of life's joys, and handling soft supple leather is amazing. OK I realise that not everybody is comfortable with it as an animal product, but working with it I can understand why it has been such a significant part of human development. It's immensely strong, and will not tear. It takes sharp scissors and knives to cut, and is a challenge to sew...……..

There, so now you know!

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Saravendi said:

sara0120192.thumb.jpg.8bb6c1d1c7dc9ca48957a5cd267110a7.jpg

So.., is it just that everyone (except for us, that is) are MIA for summer? Bummer.... it seems that @Scylla Rhiadra , @Eva Knoller, @Talligurl, @Orwar... and others are kind of holding down the fort until everyone is back from holiday. I plead guilty as well to slacking off in my “post-alcoholic” duties!  

This year is my second summer on this thread, and I don’t remember it getting so quiet last year?   🤫...  

The seriously good news is all the new blood contributing, which will make the thread really take off once we have all everyone back!!!

OH... new posters to this thread....

Please Join an in-world group called “Forum Angels”! Last Fall BelindaN set-up this group for regulars here to connect-up in world. I’ve met a lot of regulars to this thread because of it! It’s a great way for us to stay connected as a community!

The way I primarily use it is to search the group to see who might be online with me at the same time, then I IM them for an in-world introduction!!

Hopefully we’ll see you guys there as well!!!!

Join Today!

~ Sara

I'm not MIA Sara.....just immersed in SL, and trying to get some sister shots, which takes a lot more effort!!!! 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to Lutz in my new gown earlier to take some pictures.

It's time to break some news...…...I had a wager with a few people that I could make a new alt, and they wouldn't suspect it was me...……...

Well one person finally sussed out who I really am, so it's time to reveal the truth. I had to mesh up on day 2 and it's a big clue when you're out in world, but being a newbie mesh brunette has certainly opened my eyes...….and I'm loving the Skye experience!!

I'm a Newell...……..yeah, not a sister. A cousin. My name is a nod to Marvels Agents of Shield, and my on line name is Skye. I couldn't get Johnson, so I had to make do with double N.

Thankyou for making Skye so welcome Angels!!!!!  ;)

 

SL54.png

SL55.png

  • Like 23
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

Your avi is so cute Blush!

Thank you! That was my main, Debi Baskerville, in those shots. I recently bought new mesh heads for both Debi and Blush so it was time for some new pics.

Here's Blush.

newblush_close.thumb.png.fb2818d81f382c3e087e861e204bbfeb.png

newblush_full.thumb.png.df0989e82fd04564821afc34674899e8.png

fyi I'm using the Annan Adored Light Explosion II windlight for these pics. All pics were taken in Bellesseria. There are so many beautiful photo opportunities there.

  • Like 23
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Somewhere in-world, I think, there is a place that has 19th century presses and, maybe, bookbinding stuff?

   Caledon has a bookbinding workshop.

2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Maybe I shouldn't admit this...….because minds will race down uncharted roads...……  ;)

I work with leather. Not every day, but I keep a stock of leather, sourced from e-Bay and from a factory which sells offcuts. I make....*coughs* ...pouches.....(yes I know!)......for things like mobile phones and other small items...…...for family and occasionally a commissioned item which I sell. I do the same thing using textiles. It's just a sideline, but I'm quite creative. I happened on a big offcut of blood red perforated leather, and it has made some striking "pouches"...…...all hand sewn!!!

In fact I just finished a textile (Mohair) waterproof apron for a child's buggy, which looks really good, and they loved it...…………….but the smell of leather is one of life's joys, and handling soft supple leather is amazing. OK I realise that not everybody is comfortable with it as an animal product, but working with it I can understand why it has been such a significant part of human development. It's immensely strong, and will not tear. It takes sharp scissors and knives to cut, and is a challenge to sew...……..

There, so now you know!

   I get my leather from a tannery in a small town just north of here, that makes traditional vegetable tanned leathers. Unfortunately they don't do a lot of goat (they get their hides from nearby butchers so it's mostly bovine). A good, vegetable tanned goat has a really intense and wonderful scent, and the leather has that nice creaky sound to it. It's not as soft and supple as chrome tanned leathers, but those are no good for bookbinding.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

 In the meantime, I should check out the Caledon one. Do they have presses too?

   I can't quite remember, it was a long time since I visited. I kind of just happened upon it whilst exploring a few years back - not even sure which part of Caledon it was in.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DaisyJohnnson said:

I went to Lutz in my new gown earlier to take some pictures.

It's time to break some news...…...I had a wager with a few people that I could make a new alt, and they wouldn't suspect it was me...……...

Well one person finally sussed out who I really am, so it's time to reveal the truth. I had to mesh up on day 2 and it's a big clue when you're out in world, but being a newbie mesh brunette has certainly opened my eyes...….and I'm loving the Skye experience!!

I'm a Newell...……..yeah, not a sister. A cousin. My name is a nod to Marvels Agents of Shield, and my on line name is Skye. I couldn't get Johnson, so I had to make do with double N.

Thankyou for making Skye so welcome Angels!!!!!  ;)

Now everyone I see at Lutz will be suspect, I suppose... I’ll just run up and unmask everyone.... searching for Belinda, the great OZ!!! (Not Ozzy or Izzy for that matter).

Skye is lovely too... you’re entire family is amazing! Must get pictures when you get everyone together! ;)

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...