Jump to content
Nostoll

How does your avatar look today ?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Saraya Starr said:

SaraBeach.png

I love this picture, Saraya! Especially the light and delicate shading!

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working on decorating what will hopefully become an RP scene. >< Buuut, had to take a break and snap a picture! 💛

Mura_021_005.jpg

  • Like 33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, momomoonusagi said:

Working on decorating what will hopefully become an RP scene. >< Buuut, had to take a break and snap a picture! 💛

Mura_021_005.jpg

I see you took a break from being dressed as well. Excellent decision.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I love this picture, Saraya! Especially the light and delicate shading!

Thankyou, Scylla :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is gorgeous. Is this the Genus Classic? I'm actually a little astonished at how possible it is to produce very different looks using this head.

This is the Genus Strong - it felt a little more mature than the classic, but again, it is pretty flexible in the looks you can get. The three pics below use different skins, but only minor tweaks of the shape to work with each look...and they all look quite different.

190606 Strong Variety.png

  • Like 29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Technically, not me, but my alt... But I just got her the AK group gift bento head, and have to say I'm quite impressed!

 

Snapshot_012.png

  • Like 32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't feeling quite myself... One of those fire-breathing days... Glad I still have this avatar.

48024341756_71dfb172a8_z.jpg

This is an old old avatar costume, 2008. From when I used to regularly check out Grendel's Children.

  • Like 23
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Peony Swee*****er said:

This is the Genus Strong - it felt a little more mature than the classic, but again, it is pretty flexible in the looks you can get. The three pics below use different skins, but only minor tweaks of the shape to work with each look...and they all look quite different.

190606 Strong Variety.png

All three of these are beautiful, but I'm particularly taken by the one in the middle: it's soooo expressive of character, and of humour too!

I really do need to demo the Genus Strong head. Part of me blanches a bit at the prospect of playing with my look again, but, on the other hand, I really would rather like to add about 10 or 15 years to the age of my avi.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just skirting the earlier conversation about post processing photos. I never considered this a competition for the most perfect pics...had it been so I would have been kicked out a long time ago :D  I enjoy seeing what everybody is doing and tend to 'like' on the side of 'thanks for participating and sharing' most of the time.  I only recently invested in the hardware and tools to make really awesome pics and you know what...I seldom if ever do that anyway. Certainly it's a lot of still learning my way around...more tools means more complication, but mostly I think some people are blessed with a good eye and will always get better pics than me with much lower graphics abilities.

In the end, to me this is about having fun and of course a little exploration.

Case in point...this pic was supposed to be a simple 'good morning, where's the coffe' post to this thread alone before I got mired in any thing deeper. Point, adjust windlight a little, click, resize and upload.   Well, then I felt I needed sunglasses to keep the red and yellow car in the pic  I toned them down a bit then I thought it would be nice to add a little distance blurring. An hour later while trying to NOT blur the balcony stanchions I noticed the two cars down the road that had apparently been hit by terrorists :D  I debated about removing them but...this was supposed to be simple and by now, two cups of coffee (and nearly as many hours) were gone..the last one cold. In the end...the raw picture is good enough.  Cold coffee is no fun ;)

 

goodmorning_resized.png

  • Like 27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Aedan Charron said:

Just skirting the earlier conversation about post processing photos. I never considered this a competition for the most perfect pics...had it been so I would have been kicked out a long time ago :D  I enjoy seeing what everybody is doing and tend to 'like' on the side of 'thanks for participating and sharing' most of the time.  I only recently invested in the hardware and tools to make really awesome pics and you know what...I seldom if ever do that anyway. Certainly it's a lot of still learning my way around...more tools means more complication, but mostly I think some people are blessed with a good eye and will always get better pics than me with much lower graphics abilities.

In the end, to me this is about having fun and of course a little exploration.

Case in point...this pic was supposed to be a simple 'good morning, where's the coffe' post to this thread alone before I got mired in any thing deeper. Point, adjust windlight a little, click, resize and upload.   Well, then I felt I needed sunglasses to keep the red and yellow car in the pic  I toned them down a bit then I thought it would be nice to add a little distance blurring. An hour later while trying to NOT blur the balcony stanchions I noticed the two cars down the road that had apparently been hit by terrorists :D  I debated about removing them but...this was supposed to be simple and by now, two cups of coffee (and nearly as many hours) were gone..the last one cold. In the end...the raw picture is good enough.  Cold coffee is no fun ;)

 

goodmorning_resized.png

Nice Aedan is that Havana? 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

Nice Aedan is that Havana? 

Yes! My vacation has landed me in Havana for a while :D  (I'm sure the cars blew my cover)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made it to the studio a while ago, and took a few images against a black background, which the Newells don't usually do...…….  :)

I'll resist the temptation to post some others...………..

This is just point and click, using the location sunset light settings.

SL32.png

  • Like 26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...