How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

49 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

Orwar, nooooooooooo!!!!! Spoiler alert!! 😭

19 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You BASTARD.

I'm on season 5!!!!!

... I did flag it as a spoiler, and it was obviously GoT related with that quote!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Orwar said:

... I did flag it as a spoiler, and it was obviously GoT related with that quote!

Yes yes yes, you did.

As I said, it's ok. I AM only on season 5, but I'm also not sufficiently invested that I'm going to lose sleep about knowing. And it's pretty much impossible to be plugged into any media these days and not know that something went seriously awry in the last episode.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

This is a leaner and meaner look........I like it!

Thanks, Belinda! Amazing what a bit of makeup will do!

I think, too, that it makes me look somewhat older than my pics usually do, which is to the good. I took a third pic last night which I thought I liked, but which I decided, in the cold hard light of this morning, was no good because it made me look about 16. Shaving 20 years off my age is barely ok; dropping 30 is too much even for me!

• Like 2

I had a look at the first page from this topic

Talligurl, she started with a sombrero

MQQnie lagged every place with her nosepiercing

ForreestChild... i read Usagi, so that must be that little Vampire

Areneemurray, You posted the first pink picture here, so I love you for that

Vertiline Colter... She had the picture we all loved, awesome (22x on the forum, 4526x on SL)

Klytyna... You devil... Great pic

Seanabrady, Never ever saw those piercings

Sweetgem  Clemenceau Some people pay to have expensive hands, you like yours better not seen. BDSM all the way girl

LittleMejewel did post a picture.... have a look if you like hippies and blue, but super face

Rhonda refused to post a picture and just answered

LittleMeJewel did the same

Skell thought he should start with an awesome picture... he did

Sagadin was a Prince fan and started with Purple hair

Rhonda finally posted her first picture ever (in this topic) it rained that day

Clairschen Hesten never played that piano

Annika Velde.... She started with the first answer, and she is cute

Nostoll... Not sure if he is still around, but he made a super great post on the forum 

Tegan Tobias, first glasses in this topic... and a great bra

Eightdwarf. Refusees to look in the camera, but if your outfit shines, that's ok

AnnistynSl, Yes, you are the smallest ever in a picture, but awesome tree.

Chinrey, You really don't want to know how my avatar looks today..... Nicely said, we never saw it

Edited by AidySL
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

If you want more control over the image use the download icon image.png.4c9bd8fe0b6aebc77a77370da9221671.png and select VIEW ALL SIZES. Then select the size you want to show. Right-click the resulting image and paste that URL here.

Thanks - never knew you could do this.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Orwar said:

Reveal hidden contents

Can't be, she dead.

12 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

Orwar, nooooooooooo!!!!! Spoiler alert!! 😭 

J/k..I’ve already seen it. I just felt like being dramatic

11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You BASTARD.

I'm on season 5!!!!!

Well, guess what?

• Ahab gets killed by the whale

• Darcy marries Elizabeth

• Gandalf isn't really dead.

• Dumbledore actually is (sort of)

• Hedda shoots herself in head

• Hamlet . . . and pretty much everyone else in the play . . . dies

• And . . . Luke is Darth Vader's SON!!!!

So there.

(S'ok. I actually didn't know this, but I don't actually care that much.)

11 hours ago, Orwar said:

So, no big surprise here that I’m a huge GOT fan... and I feel personally responsible to Scylla because my post definitely got this whole spoiler thing started, so I’m chiming in... 

Mr Orwar..., well, kinda, sorta....  hiding content isn’t quite the same thing as flagging it which is saying “hidden spoiler alert” 🚨...

However, in your defense,  you did hide it but, to Scylla’s point, I also would have unassumingly looked as well, not realizing that it might be a huge spoiler alert to end spoiler alerts that was hidden... (kinda like Luke kills his dad, Darth Vader) instead, maybe I’d thinking there might be a picture of Nephe with dragons or something like that 😮... ooooohh yes, Nephe with the giant dragon behind her! Yay, do that... or I swear I’ll do a glam version of it, and ruin the whole dark arts nature of it all! Please ;)

I think GOT is the best TV show, series or Movie entertainment I’ve ever filmed... especially taken as a whole series together! @Scylla Rhiadra please keep the faith girl, the show gets a bit bogged down in season 4-5... IMHO, yet seasons 6, 7 and 8 are like blasting to the moon 🌝! The spoiler doesn’t ruin anything,  as many characters die easily in this show (remember the red wedding) ..., it’s really the incredible journey, with great dialog, acting, special effects and a wildly imaginative story that I guarantee will still keep you surprised regardless about what you hear 😮! All three remaining seasons build upon each other, where each show begin to feels like an epic feature films rather then a HBO series. 

Anyway, I rewatched all 8 seasons = 70+ hrs of TV over about 6 weeks... wow, what a journey! I’m a fan, and I don’t say that about much, except all you guys 😘

Sorry everyone... waayyyy off topic. 

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Angelina String said:

New hair, new outfit, old bag...

Snapshot_2410_cr_ps.thumb.jpg.0ff6d4a9d848672874f38722ebe163d5.jpg

Great hair, sexy outfit and huge handbag! Where are you going alone at night with that (dare I say) overnight bag 💼?!!  Dr. String I presume?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Saravendi said:

Mr Orwar...

Herr Furlgrimr, if I may!

6 hours ago, Saravendi said:

ooooohh yes, Nephe with the giant dragon behind her! Yay, do that... or I swear I’ll do a glam version of it, and ruin the whole dark arts nature of it all! Please ;)

I haven't really seen any convincing dragons in SL, not sure where I'd look for one either. I'd probably have to do a chromakey, which I hate doing (no shadows, a lot of work cleaning up the backdrop around the edges, having to colour match the subject with the backdrop) - and then I'd have to find a suitable backdrop in a sufficient resolution from a source that's either without copyright (there aren't a whole lot of stock photos of dragons, seeing as they don't like being photographed) or from a source that I think I can get away with stealing from. Or I could draw my own dragon, but I'd probably need a few years of practice drawing, first.

Besides, the last time I was requested to do a certain picture, the response to it both here and on Flickr was quite underwhelming. Sighs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Wow.  That is gorgeous, Victoria.  Do you mind telling me where you found that dragon body?

It's a Jomo dragon avatar: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/66815

You can demo it at the inworld store: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/JOMO/168/88/24

This is also good if you decide to get one: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/JOMO-Dragon-Bento-Expressions-HUD/16023260

My Great-Great-Aunt Winnie had come to Berlin seeking adventure, but also, it is clear from her early remarks, because Germany seemed in the mid-20s to be at the forefront of emancipation for women. The phenomenon of the "neue Frau" -- the "New Woman" at the vanguard of the supposed social revolution that was making skirts and women's hairstyles shorter, and their participation in public and political life more important -- certainly seems to have been a vital part of the allure that Berlin in particular had for Winnie.

Part of what Winnie sought in Berlin she certainly seems to have found: she records a stream of visits to coffeehouses, department stores, and cinemas. But the hard reality of the fact that the social liberation had not been accompanied by a universal utopian freedom from drudgery hit her quite hard. The Republic was certainly more prosperous in 1927 than it had been four years before, but unemployment was still high -- and non-traditional work for women was still relatively hard to come by, particularly where one was burdened by a language problem and a narrow education.

Consequently, after about a week and a half of "dissolute living" (which mostly seems to have involved buying a new cloche hat, and drinking too much), Winnie was forced to look for work. Three fruitless weeks of searching for work as a stenographer or secretary (her frustration is palpable in this part of her journal) compelled her to accept Frau Becker's suggestion that she take in laundry. And so Winnie became, for a time anyway, a laundress, a disheartening return to what she calls in her journal "the drear and endless round of our sex's foreordained drudgery."

And drudgery it does seem to have been. Although newer, semi-automated washing machines (even electric ones!) were coming on to the market in the 20s, Winnie's references to her laundry work, brief as they are, make it clear that she didn't have access to such luxury. Winnie had to fill a tub with hot water, drawn from a communal pump and heated in a bucket over her landlady's stove. The tub she used -- again, Frau Becker's -- had a hand-worked "agitator," but most of the washing involved scrubbing on a washboard, and two rinses with clean water. The tub seems to have had a spigot for draining, but the waste water still had to be taken bodily to the sink, one bucket at a time, to be emptied between each part of the cycle. Then, of course, the laundry had to be hung out to dry; in this picture, I think, Winnie is collecting dry clothes from the line.

Unsurprisingly, the early pages of the journal make more than one reference to tired and sore arms and back.

Winnie doesn't detail how much she earned from her work as a laundress, but she does note with some excitement that, in one particularly lucrative week in September, 1927, she had worked through 2 loads of "flat work and beastly collars," and collected the handsome sum of almost 40 Reichsmarks (each Reichsmark being worth a little more than 20 US cents) -- enough for a more-than-usually-extravagant evening out with Anne and unspecified others. A loaf of bread in 1927 cost about 50 Reichspfennig -- a half a Reichsmark -- so she had earned enough, I hope, for a bit of a splash!

If I can figure out the German in her journal -- and some of it seems to be coded, or use shorthand -- maybe I can get a better sense of how she actually was spending her leisure time!

My-Beautiful-Laundrette-1-2-Blank.png

• Like 24