How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

Well, since I'm still poking through this thread, and haven't contributed anything, here's my first try at posting  a picture on the forums. I take a lot of pictures, but I'm really bad at it! No flickr, no tools to speak of, no poses or special lights- I'm so amateur compared to you all! But here's me today. I don't dress up...

killaryshot_001.png

• Like 25

15 hours ago, Orwar said:

... And yes, I know you weren't asking for a guide, but, I was bored and my fingers felt itchy. You're welcome, I think?

My bored itchy fingers needed exercise this evening as well...if I may,

My process;

1. Shopping, shopping, shopping till I drop, fall asleep or run out of Lindens. 🛍

2. Hunt through thousands of articles of clothing in my inventory to find the look of the day. This includes hair, shoes and sexy time down under... Because, I dare not allow myself to be photographed in the same ANYTHING twice 😱

3. Find a new sim or background that I've never been photographed in or at before (god forbid) 😱

4. Choose an appropriate AO or pose that kind of, sort of, fits my outfit and hair and makeup and shoes and accessories. Choose my pose, WL settings and set lighting. 🤯

5. Then I make sure that I've got my graphics settings in FS set to ultra. I can't count just how many times I've forgotten to do this 😱

5. Shoot, shoot, shoot. I have a 5k iMac, so I find it easier to screen shoot (command 5). This way I can keep the exact framing in case I want to blend WL setting or use special effects. 🤩

6. Lately, I've set-up for several shoots at the same time with different looks so I can post throughout the week just in case I'm unable to log in-world.👍 Good idea to do this with Instagram as well.

7. Bring best of best photos to PS and at least correct for Alpha issues (like with my eye and hair on the portrait). Usually I'll correct for lighting, highlighting, bluring backgrounds layers etc. Sometimes, if I can isolate my image, I'll replace the background entirely with a RL image.... or something fun like Space Sara or Stoned Sara or Skydiving Sara (photo nicknames)

8.  Lastly, I save my photos  as .JPG instead of .PNG because of the limitation of max 4.8mg total file size per post. That's why I usually never post more then 1 photo at a time. 

9. Lastly, I don't like posting at the very end of a page... I don't really know why, so I kind of avoid that. 😱

I seriously think @Orwar is brilliant with his photography acumen, however  because there are so many new faces to this thread, I thought the exposure to several of our photography/postings processes might be helpful. Plus, men have it so easy anyway... opps, did I just say that  me/embarrassed  😳😱🤯😘

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Saravendi said:

@Orwar Plus, men have it so easy anyway...

Well, seeing as there's rarely anything new with decent style and quality to buy, let alone getting a whole new outfit from scratch, our only options are re-shooting things we've already worn or wearing nothing. I suspect the forums have had enough of me topless though!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Morena Tully said:

Well, since I'm still poking through this thread, and haven't contributed anything, here's my first try at posting  a picture on the forums. I take a lot of pictures, but I'm really bad at it! No flickr, no tools to speak of, no poses or special lights- I'm so amateur compared to you all! But here's me today. I don't dress up...

killaryshot_001.png

Hi and welcome. Great pic!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Orwar said:

Well, seeing as there's rarely anything new with decent style and quality to buy, let alone getting a whole new outfit from scratch, our only options are re-shooting things we've already worn or wearing nothing. I suspect the forums have had enough of me topless though!

Yes... you are right.... men totally get screwed in the clothing department in SL... but you guys also have props like guns and tanks, cars, motorcycles, macho guy stuff like that. You can be a dark arts commando dude who operates out of spooky castles in dark candle lit corridors.??? Humm??? 

Also, doesn’t Nephe (your beauty of the dark realm) help you out in that area?

Lastly, I think I speak for many ladies of the forum when I say that I would love to see you topless again... just take one for the team, one more time.... and if not for us, for all of humanity! 😘

How about on a photo shoot, at the beach 🏖 with a surfboard.., high noon and crank up that Beach Boys album !!!???

let me know when, and I’ll be there!!! 😎

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Scylla's Patented Method for Taking a Picture (19-06-02):

• Buy a fairly expensive outfit because it gives you a great idea for what should be a simple but very effective pic

• Search Destination guide in vain for a place that matches what you had in mind for a setting. Settle on something else that you think might work.

• Spend a half an hour getting your outfit together, adjusting hat and hair sizes, alpha cuts, and makeup

• TP to sim to find location, and wander around for a half an hour while local tourists dressed in torn tees, hoodies, and jeans stare at you in your stylish new outfit like you were some kind of fashion freak

• Find spot for photo, and spend 45 minutes fiddling with poses and pose HUDs, Phototools and Windlight, while derendering half of the people and objects around you

• Decide the shot you've just set up looks like crap, and not at all what you had in mind. Close HUDs, reset Phototools and Windlight to default, and log out in despair. Decide to have a nap instead.

• Suddenly think of a sim which will probably serve your purposes very well! Why didn't I think of this in the first place!?!?!?!

• Go have a nap anyway, after whining aloud on SL forum
  • Haha 10

Vampire

Snapshot_003.thumb.png.3e3c672e96dab25e80c10ab12b7f70ab.png

Species. Good Vampire. Good Vampires do their best to live a normal life among humans, going to school, and working hard to a career. They have naturally yellow eyes indicating a good soul, in fact thier souls are so pure that only other vampires can see the true colour of there eyes. A Good Vampire wiill only ever drink animal blood, never human. Good Vampires are immune to sunlight. They also have the powers of Illusion, speed, and seduction.

• Like 20

10 hours ago, Saravendi said:

Lastly, I save my photos  as .JPG instead of .PNG because of the limitation of max 4.8mg total file size per post. That's why I usually never post more then 1 photo at a time.

If you have a Flickr (cannot remember if you do or not, off the top of my head), you can post the link to the Flickr pictures, which are typically the png higher resolution shots, and they will simply embed without taking into account the picture size at all.  You could then actually post multiple 5 mg pics in a single post.

Of course your rep count, from likes, does not go up nearly as quick if you make one post with many pictures rather than a post per picture.  :ph34r:

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1