Jump to content
Nostoll

How does your avatar look today ?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I'm remembering now why he hasn't been logged on in forever.  ARGH it is frustrating to dress a male avatar.

Anyway, I smoothed the brow a little and tweaked the eyes and lips.  He is supposed to look experienced, not pissed.

1192847837_2019-05-28_003(2).jpg.226165252797b23f2cd0db7d06467f72.jpg

633455230_2019-05-28_004(2).thumb.jpg.a4f2e6f8eac23cf7f839b6f73100b90b.jpg

I'm loving the skin.  Nest steps will be salt and pepper hair and I guess a bento hand AO (unless I am missing something with Signature's controls)

I've never been able to get my malt to look good. I've only posted one photo of him and he's been around for years. 

What hair is that? That's been one of my hardest items to find. I hate all of them. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

What hair is that? That's been one of my hardest items to find. I hate all of them. 

That hair is Haunting from Stealthic.  They have some nice short hair styles I use with Rhonda, too.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Busy day at the office

 

Snapshot_001.png

Haha! I love this Zeta! You always come up with interesting and creative scenes. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Angelina String said:

"Now if you lose your one and only
There's always room here for the lonely
To watch your broken dreams
Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon"

--> THIS VERSION <--

neon-moon.thumb.jpg.2d45f30eb7277a634cb0e55e97e8fba3.jpg

Beautiful!! 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two avatars who I role play with. 

This is my orc named Badrakk 1b68faf8befacc5f520ec327fdb70576.jpg

 

And this is my World of Warcraft style Troll named Daher Heydar. 05db856ecf63fe303704e54c19bac9cc.jpg

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

That hair is Haunting from Stealthic.  They have some nice short hair styles I use with Rhonda, too.

No wonder I like it - I have every single one of their long hairs for myself. 

Will send him over to have a look at it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Walelu Summerwind said:

I usually take my shots into photoshop.. The only editing on this on is I darkened the edges juuuuust a little.

5.28.19.jpg

Simply gorgeous!

(Hair and clothing credits pretty please?)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I'm remembering now why he hasn't been logged on in forever.  ARGH it is frustrating to dress a male avatar.

Anyway, I smoothed the brow a little and tweaked the eyes and lips.  He is supposed to look experienced, not pissed.

1192847837_2019-05-28_003(2).jpg.226165252797b23f2cd0db7d06467f72.jpg

633455230_2019-05-28_004(2).thumb.jpg.a4f2e6f8eac23cf7f839b6f73100b90b.jpg

I'm loving the skin.  Nest steps will be salt and pepper hair and I guess a bento hand AO (unless I am missing something with Signature's controls)

Great job! May I suggest a fedora and loose tie? He looks like he'd be wearing a fedora..

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Roxy Couturier said:

Simply gorgeous!

(Hair and clothing credits pretty please?)

Hi Roxy! Thank you..😘

The hair is Dawn (black and whites) by Stealthic and the outfit is Anais Silks (Pearl) by Caverna Obscura

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So, in 1927, my great-great aunt Winifred Ottomeyer (née Rhiadra) inherited the then not unsubtantial sum of £350 following the death of her mother. Auntie Winnie died when I was only six, and she lived in the UK, so I never got to know her, but she was, by every account, a vivacious and somewhat daring woman. Unfortunately, the death of her father when she was only 17 had necessitated her withdrawal from school, and for the next 6 years she was employed as a stenographer for a legal firm in Hounslow, her income mostly devoted to the support of her family, and the education in trades of her elder brother (my great grandfather). She had not yet married (the subject, apparently, of no small amount of whispering within the family), and the passing of her mother, and the arrival of her inheritance, meant that she was, for the first time in her adult life, free to have an adventure.

The place to have an adventure in 1927 was, without question, Berlin. Accordingly, Winnie settled her affairs and embarked on a journey to Germany, via the Dover-Calais ferry and a train to Berlin. She arrived in that city in May of 1927, with, I think, something like £500 to her name, a small suitcase of clothing and books, a smidgen of German, and no friends in her newly adopted city. She remained there for the next 5 years, before returning, married, to London at the end of 1932.

Much of this I know from my grandfather, who adored "Auntie Winnie," and my mother. I also have in my possession her journal from this period, which my mother recently gave to me; it includes a number of photographs, of which this is one. (I have been told that I am the splitting image of Auntie Winnie, although to be honest, I can't see it myself.) The handwritten note on the back of this one indicates that it dates from June of 1928, and commemorates the occasion of a small but (for one of her means) rather exorbitant birthday celebration held in her honour at the Hotel Adlon (est. 1907) on Unter den Linden, in the Mitte district of Berlin. She would have just turned 25 here.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/1920s Berlin Project/173/61/27

1086304458_HotelAdlonBlank.thumb.png.c48db9be1d4cac8aef5ba2dae7205edc.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

350207768_20190528CiampiatBhima_002.thumb.png.c51fde89eabbe585fd21ebe1a588adb5.png

I had  almost forgotten about Ciampi.  It's been a couple of years since I was last out there taking pictures.  

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, in 1927, my great-great aunt Winifred Ottomeyer (née Rhiadra) inherited the then not unsubtantial sum of £350 following the death of her mother. Auntie Winnie died when I was only six, and she lived in the UK, so I never got to know her, but she was, by every account, a vivacious and somewhat daring woman. Unfortunately, the death of her father when she was only 17 had necessitated her withdrawal from school, and for the next 6 years she was employed as a stenographer for a legal firm in Hounslow, her income mostly devoted to the support of her family, and the education in trades of her elder brother (my great grandfather). She had not yet married (the subject, apparently, of no small amount of whispering within the family), and the passing of her mother, and the arrival of her inheritance, meant that she was, for the first time in her adult life, free to have an adventure.

The place to have an adventure in 1927 was, without question, Berlin. Accordingly, Winnie settled her affairs and embarked on a journey to Germany, via the Dover-Calais ferry and a train to Berlin. She arrived in that city in May of 1927, with, I think, something like £500 to her name, a small suitcase of clothing and books, a smidgen of German, and no friends in her newly adopted city. She remained there for the next 5 years, before returning, married, to London at the end of 1932.

Much of this I know from my grandfather, who adored "Auntie Winnie," and my mother. I also have in my possession her journal from this period, which my mother recently gave to me; it includes a number of photographs, of which this is one. (I have been told that I am the splitting image of Auntie Winnie, although to be honest, I can't see it myself.) The handwritten note on the back of this one indicates that it dates from June of 1928, and commemorates the occasion of a small but (for one of her means) rather exorbitant birthday celebration held in her honour at the Hotel Adlon (est. 1907) on Unter den Linden, in the Mitte district of Berlin. She would have just turned 25 here.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/1920s Berlin Project/173/61/27

1086304458_HotelAdlonBlank.thumb.png.c48db9be1d4cac8aef5ba2dae7205edc.png

I love the story!  (and the picture too!).  

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm stuck in someone's sand after going to my mountain retreat and shooting myself out of a cannon.  I got blasted a sim and a half away before crashing lol

cannon_001.png

  • Like 5
  • Haha 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

I love the story!  (and the picture too!).  

Oh, thank you!!!

I'm pretty sure there will be more of the adventures of Auntie Winnie (who is sort of kind of based on my actual great aunt) in the future!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, moirakathleen said:

350207768_20190528CiampiatBhima_002.thumb.png.c51fde89eabbe585fd21ebe1a588adb5.png

I had  almost forgotten about Ciampi.  It's been a couple of years since I was last out there taking pictures.  

I love Ciampi. It's one of my regular spots. There are "nicer" Italian builds out there, but this one is so very accessible, and the owners are sweethearts. AND it's on the mainland, which I count as a point in its favour.

ETA: And @Peony Swee*****er has a place nearby!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, BelindaN said:

If I could hope for that level of improvement over, well, even six years, I would be shrieking with anticipation.......and delight.

Because even from 2013, your style and presentation has morphed beyond belief. Yeah really!

Thank you so much, Belinda :) Your images are already great, and you've thrown yourself into SL photography with as much enthusiasm as you did customising your avatar (I still remember that thread - heh!) so you'll probably progress much more quickly than I did.

I'm not that talented at setting up a scene, and I rarely have the time to find the perfect location, so I've found my niche in the styling itself, and in setting most of my images against a plain background, working with lighting, and a bit of filter post-processing. It's what works for me, so the more I do it I suppose the better I get at it.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

gb_evolution_.thumb.png.cb615055c8dd8f56cdf49d5ad803ed87.png

This is amazing Skell!!!! I just love seeing the growth artistically along with SL tech/mesh... very interesting and humbling. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...