How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

I took Salty to the Wilderness earlier after she treated me to some lingerie, and this dress. Which is United Colors Maven...…..

The single colour dress comes with a colour hud for the netting, and a slider to reduce the opacity or remove. Belinda got this dress first, after seeing one on one of her friends, and now we're all on this bandwagon. In fact while we were out, a girl asked where it was from, and went straight there to get it...……….what it is to be a fashionista, even if only by proxy...hehe!

I need to spend more time in store there because there are some quirky and niche outfits.

We also bumped into two old friends, so we had a dance and a very pleasant half hour or so...………..

SL36.png

SL39.png

SL40.png

• Like 24

I've hardly opened up the forums except for the Linden Homes section in weeks it seems. I did snap a pic of Debi to demonstrate using veins with a very light skin and it turned out nicely for something just off the cuff.  Love those freckles with her pale skin and white hair. 

463988ab35a9ca713467abbaef75ac93.jpg

• Like 26

34 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I've hardly opened up the forums except for the Linden Homes section in weeks it seems. I did snap a pic of Debi to demonstrate using veins with a very light skin and it turned out nicely for something just off the cuff.  Love those freckles with her pale skin and white hair. 

463988ab35a9ca713467abbaef75ac93.jpg

I Love this look, very pretty :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2019 at 5:35 PM, Elora Lunasea said:

Maria

I really need to learn how to work on the neck area or, stop using my laptop at minimum to take these kind of photos.

It's really difficult to edit them on the laptop. I can, but with difficulty. Tips and tricks appreciated!

Getting a good quality first snap is important. On a laptop that can be a pain. I use the viewer Graphics Presets. A lower rez set for composition and then a high quality set for the snapshot. I can turn the snapshot rez WAY up even on a laptop. So, what I am seeing on screen can be quite different from the captured image.

On 5/6/2019 at 4:47 AM, Elora Lunasea said:

The lighting in world is... 

So, laptop it is.  On this one, I used some tools...

I also had to do a fix on the left ear because some of 

Obviously many of us use some version of Photoshop. Others use GIMP (free and PS like) and others use PAINT.NET (free and like PS in power very different UI).

I prefer editing on my desktop because I have a WACOM tablet on it. Makes it way easy to draw in hair. On the laptop I'll spend more time getting the initial image closer to 'right' as I find editing on the laptop with just a touch pad way awkward. I can hook up the mouse but I often don't have a place to roll the mouse. I also have to zoom alot because of the smaller screen.

I don't see what you are being critical of in the image. It is very nice and looks well done.

• Like 2

The only pic I have at the moment is my profile photo. :) It is edited a bit, a little blur, a 3D effect, and some noise added. Also played with curves a little because the original was really washed out. One of these days, when I finish decorating my Linden home (lol) I'll get around to clothes shopping and taking more pictures.

CakeProfile.jpg

• Like 25

2 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Getting a good quality first snap is important. On a laptop that can be a pain. I use the viewer Graphics Presets. A lower rez set for composition and then a high quality set for the snapshot. I can turn the snapshot rez WAY up even on a laptop. So, what I am seeing on screen can be quite different from the captured image.

Obviously many of us use some version of Photoshop. Others use GIMP (free and PS like) and others use PAINT.NET (free and like PS in power very different UI).

I prefer editing on my desktop because I have a WACOM tablet on it. Makes it way easy to draw in hair. On the laptop I'll spend more time getting the initial image closer to 'right' as I find editing on the laptop with just a touch pad way awkward. I can hook up the mouse but I often don't have a place to roll the mouse. I also have to zoom alot because of the smaller screen.

I don't see what you are being critical of in the image. It is very nice and looks well done.

Thanks Nalates. 

The final image as shown was shot at the highest resolution and settings that my laptop can handle which is really high for a laptop. Typically I do keep the graphics lower as I'm setting up, then switch over to higher ones to tweak lighting. 

I probably over analyze the images a tad too much sometimes. It seems to be an endemic problem with some of us on these forums 😋

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I probably over analyze the images a tad too much sometimes. It seems to be an endemic problem with some of us on these forums 😋

I have literally never posted a pic here or on Flickr that I haven't returned to 24 hours later and thought . . . "I have regrets."

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What a great pic! So dramatic!

Thank-you so much Scylla! It means that much more coming from the master of the dramatic photo!

:ph34r: ~ S

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, LilacHaze said:

After loitering in the background for quite some time, in awe of most of the photos here, I finally decided to take the plunge and add my first forum photo, please be gentle with me... 

1217091431_Alleycoke2_014.thumb.jpg.e65c900e24fbf594f99e20323dd10a40.jpg

Welcome Lilac! We love new contributors around these parts. Beautiful first post!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1