How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

Enter the freaks. The result of about three hours of digging deep into old inventory folders, flinging stuff around, and layering like crazy. Some of these items are no longer available, but I was in the mood to create something a little dark.

If you go down to the woods today, be sure you don't meet with this wicked fae...

36469402815_ff092f96d0_b.jpg

35661323163_dc476b6153_b.jpg

Credits

Outfit: Titzuki - Atlas Set* (black)
Bird crown: Distorted Dreams - Unseelie Crown (ash)
Flower headdress: Sweet Lies - Failinn Headpiece (black)
Rose headdress: La Malvada Mujer - Funere Headpiece (heavily edited)
Piercings: Cerberus Xing - Deepforge Chains (silver)
Gems: Swallow - SnowQueen Gems (group gift)
Bracers: The Forge - Eldar Armour (worn black)
Boots: Cubura - Men Boots (slink)
Hair: No Match - No Luck
Eyes: Avi-Glam - Elysian Eyes (charcoal)
Makeup: Arte - Elf Makeup
Tattoo: White Widow  Chocolat (black)
Pants appliers: Sn@tch - Lowrise Latex Leggings (dark)
Head: Catwa - Daniel
Body: Slink - Physique Male
Hands: Slink - Dynamic Male

*Only available until August 13th, then will be removed from sale.

• Like 17

1 minute ago, Skell Dagger said:

Enter the freaks. The result of about three hours of digging deep into old inventory folders, flinging stuff around, and layering like crazy. Some of these items are no longer available, but I was in the mood to create something a little dark.

Oberon, indeed!

I love doing this. "When did I get this? Have I worn this before? Oooo this would go great with that other thing, then add this..."

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

I love doing this. "When did I get this? Have I worn this before? Oooo this would go great with that other thing, then add this..."

I've tried doing this a few times, but I suck at it.  I think it is because overall, in RL I hate fashion and don't really have an eye for it.  That also explains why most of my RL wardrobe is black and white with only a bit of color tossed in now and then.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

Ooooo thank you, do they have a demo? If not can I sweet talk you into trying them with the demo for Catwa's Kathy bento head for me?

purr-ty please with fur on top?

@Clover Jinx Sadly theirs no demo as they were only 99L$ They're compatible with the following Catwa Heads. Daniel Catya Kimberly Lola. So I don't know if they'll work with the Kathy Bento Head.

The Kathy head, with the fangs in there default position

https://gyazo.com/5f9f4c70a1834a98296ad4de8446dbfa

And with the Fangs positioned how I have them

https://gyazo.com/7270d27367522a8cf75df07fe222c311

I'll leave it up to you too decide though :)

Edited by ForrestChild
added content
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Enter the freaks. The result of about three hours of digging deep into old inventory folders, flinging stuff around, and layering like crazy. Some of these items are no longer available, but I was in the mood to create something a little dark. (...)

Only 3 hours? oO

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I use the Mayreal bento head - it's the only one I could get to not look like a warped out mess, and also look mostly like my original look.

I will try those out, thanks. :)

Yes I love my Mayreal head, so easy to use, and I really need easy.

Since I'm a big fan of following the advice of experts, here's another @Skell Dagger tribute post.

While I might know a little about SL's competitive motorsports scene, I know next to nothing about male avatar fashion.  So if I didn't say it before, I'll say it now - thanks Skell, your talent, time, and efforts are appreciated (not to mention the considerable amount of L$ you must sink into all this).  I can't imagine trying to navigate all these products without someone knowledgeable leading the way.

After picking up the Catwa/Paul head, I needed to find a skin for it that fit the mental image I have for myself, for the kind of appearance I want to portray.  I found that through Stray Dog, with their "Roman" look.  I wasn't totally satisfied with the hair I'd been using though, but decided to check out Stealthic after seeing one of the products on Skell's blog.  A few demos later, I opted for the "Haunting" style.  And thankfully I didn't have to open up my poor wallet to do it, as I still had enough L$ left over for the purchase.

Now I think it's time to settle in for a while, clean up and organize my inventory, and update all my outfit folders.  See you in a few months.  xD

donovan_001.png

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Donovan Michalski said:

Since I'm a big fan of following the advice of experts, here's another @Skell Dagger tribute post.

While I might know a little about SL's competitive motorsports scene, I know next to nothing about male avatar fashion.  So if I didn't say it before, I'll say it now - thanks Skell, your talent, time, and efforts are appreciated (not to mention the considerable amount of L$ you must sink into all this).  I can't imagine trying to navigate all these products without someone knowledgeable leading the way.

After picking up the Catwa/Paul head, I needed to find a skin for it that fit the mental image I have for myself, for the kind of appearance I want to portray.  I found that through Stray Dog, with their "Roman" look.  I wasn't totally satisfied with the hair I'd been using though, but decided to check out Stealthic after seeing one of the products on Skell's blog.  A few demos later, I opted for the "Haunting" style.  And thankfully I didn't have to open up my poor wallet to do it, as I still had enough L$ left over for the purchase.

Now I think it's time to settle in for a while, clean up and organize my inventory, and update all my outfit folders.  See you in a few months.  xD

donovan_001.png

Thank you, Donovan, for sharing this journey with us. You look great! 

• Like 5

Thanks.  :D  More than anything I just think this stuff is cool.  I posted a few pages back about going from the classic SL avatars of the early days to the more realistic stuff we have now - it's just a geeky fascination for me in general - the graphical improvements of games (and gamelike worlds) over the years.  

I still have my Atari 2600 that I grew up with, basically pushing colored blocks around the screen for entertainment.  The blocks have gotten a lot nicer over the years!

• Like 3