How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

8 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

I consciously and deliberately purchased clothing in . . . pink.

<.< are you sure you weren't sick?  that's usually my color of choice, not yours. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

Wine induced purchases are the best!

I'm sure half of the merchants in SL would agree!

10 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

Pink looks great on you, as does the hair.

Thanks! I was actually pleasantly surprised.

But, as Orwar says, one must be careful not to let the madness spread.

12 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

I passed the hair up earlier without demoing, but seeing how it looks on you I have changed my mind!

The particular colour pack on sale is the red one, which wouldn't have been my first choice, but there are a couple of nice choices in it. I'm seriously considering go back for another colour, or even the Fat Pack. I didn't know YumYum at all before last night: they had some interesting looking styles, and I picked up a whole bunch of demos I haven't had a chance to try yet.

Because, I don't have enough hair styles.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Aedan Charron said:

Are you sure you didn't just spill the red? :D  Either way it looks great :)

Actually, that would have been fine: I have a few things in "wine" or "burgundy."

But, for obvious reasons, I don't drink rosé.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nastasha Szaberwick said:

In the fictional universe of Star Trek, it is established that Humans and Vulcans made First Contact on April 5th, 2063--in Bozeman, Montana, USA. I only found out about this as a kid, reading astronomy books and drawing spaceships, and accidentally coming across the film titled "Star Trek: First Contact" while trying to find something for background noise.

So today is mostly known amongst fans as "First Contact Day". Coincidently, April 5th is also my birthday IRL. Live long and prosper. 

Snapshot_008.jpg

So I have two supplementary questions...…...where did you get that tunic?????? (God forbid I set another hare running!) hehe!

AND....is this the Star Trek sim which vanished??? I'm still in the Group and a real nerd...……….

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, last night was kind of historic. For the first time (that I can think of, anyway) in Second Life, I consciously and deliberately purchased clothing in . . . pink.

At least, I think it was conscious and deliberate. I was on my second(?) glass of red at that point, and I'm a little foggy on details.

Anyway, to mark the Historic Occasion (and, of course, First Contact Day, cuz this was my first contact with pink clothing), here it is. Also, my new and reasonably cute hair from YumYum (their FLF special).

Powder-Moon-Pink-Blank.png

I think the forum is influencing your choices...…..in a subliminal way. 

Now me? I often go for pink, not because it's girly, (which it so is), but because it's a colour which suits me …. :x

And on that note, I won't be in world now for a week, back Sunday. We are staying where the internet is almost non existent (again).  If my phone will connect, at least I can view the forum, but the signal is always patchy there...……… *sad face* 

I'll miss you all, and that's a fact...……9_9

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Thank you for the birthday wishes folks.

1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

So I have two supplementary questions...…...where did you get that tunic?????? (God forbid I set another hare running!) hehe!

AND....is this the Star Trek sim which vanished??? I'm still in the Group and a real nerd...……….

1. From a store called "Umbrella", and the marketplace. It'll set you back L$250. I think it's worth it, though: Sexy Star Fleet Crew Uniform - TOS and TNG - Maitreya, Slink, Belleza, Tonic
2. Coordinates set, ready for transport: Star Trek TOS - HQ &nbsp;- USS Enterprise - Planet Vulcan - Sector 1

If you're talking about the Star Trek Museum, I hadn't been there for awhile, and wanted to go there for the pic. I was disappointed to find out it had gone. 

Edited by Nastasha Szaberwick
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, BelindaN said:

I think the forum is influencing your choices...…..in a subliminal way.

Oh, I don't think there's anything "subliminal" about it. I have a much broader assortment of clothing now than I used to, largely because of the influence and examples I've seen here of different looks. And that includes both some darker looks, and some more conventionally pretty stuff.

Hurry back, Belinda: you'll be missed!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BelindaN said:

And this is an amazing composition Tali!! x

I have this idea in my head, inspired by Andrew Wyeth, i keep taking pictures trying to get the idea realized, and this is one of those pictures. Someday hopefully, the idea will gel and  there will be pictures  made into paintings, enough to fill my whole gallery and i will finally see myself as an artist. The picture below by the way is not one of those pictures, but I still like  it.

Untitled

• Like 18

6 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

I have this idea in my head, inspired by Andrew Wyeth, i keep taking pictures trying to get the idea realized, and this is one of those pictures. Someday hopefully, the idea will gel and  there will be pictures  made into paintings, enough to fill my whole gallery and i will finally see myself as an artist.

I completely understand what you mean here.

For what it's worth, the minute I read "Andrew Wyeth," I nodded my head. (No, really, I actually did!) It's partially your compositions, and maybe your colours, but I think I see that influence there in your pics.

• Thanks 1

Snapshot_011.thumb.png.7cd77ea4e51197686a415a49de655054.png

Outfit
AVI(L) Bella Ciao! Leather Dress
AVI(L) Neck Piece - White Silk
AVI(L) Kids Cotton Briefs R4 - DerenderSafe"
AVI(L) Fishnet Pantyhoses Midi R4.1 - Low Cut
AVI(L) Hello Mary, Hi Babyjane!
*!* Moon Beads Bracelet Unisex /AC/
Female Average Necklace -Can be found in the library folder (Objects)
Must Trade - Simple Choker

• Like 17