How does your avatar look today ?

15 minutes ago, TatianaNikolay said:

Needed a break from decorating.

Break Time

😱❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🔥

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wait. You've been in SL for two days, and you're producing pics like this??????

Yeesh, Kaia, it took me 10 years to make anything half as good.

Wow. You go, girl!

Thank you for those kind words!

Only because of experienced friends who dragged me into this :D

Love it!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, anniepany said:

ok, girlfriend, we need to talk! I need lessons on how to make MY pictures look THIS good!!

Aww, thank you! But I don't think I can take credit for the result here, guess it is all up to the skin and hair!

• Like 3

Just now, KaiaWang said:

Aww, thank you! But I don't think I can take credit for the result here, guess it is all up to the skin and hair!

True it is, what mesh head are you using? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, anniepany said:

True it is, what mesh head are you using? 

Genus Babyface w/ skin from ITGirls found at Uber, Hair from Stealthic found at some other event (cannot remember where, still dizzy after a friend dragged me around to all these places yesterday lol)

Snapshot_040_cr.thumb.jpg.0af01270291826e195dd93ba458830d8.jpg

• Like 18

9 minutes ago, KaiaWang said:

Genus Babyface w/ skin from ITGirls found at Uber, Hair from Stealthic found at some other event (cannot remember where, still dizzy after a friend dragged me around to all these places yesterday lol)

Snapshot_040_cr.thumb.jpg.0af01270291826e195dd93ba458830d8.jpg

I'm using genus babyface with ITgirls skin as well. Normal SL lightning or windlight?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, anniepany said:

I'm using genus babyface with ITgirls skin as well. Normal SL lightning or windlight?

I did set Sun to Midday, that was the only thing I did. So that would make it SL lightning I guess.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KaiaWang said:

If it's the same hair that I have, it's called "Intrepid", and you can grab it from Collabor88--the fatpack is L$988, and was well worth it. 

Here's a taxi for anyone interested: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/8 8/19/201/1086

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, KaiaWang said:

I did set Sun to Midday, that was the only thing I did. So that would make it SL lightning I guess.

It's an awesome picture! thanks for sharing

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Notwithstanding the fact that some astonishing recent pics by @KaiaWang and @Nastasha Szaberwick have left me wanting to throw my virtual camera into the same attic-bound storage bin that contains my unfinished novel, 15 unsent letters to an ex, a pair of skates that I wore exactly twice, and a rather expensive but still mostly pristine wine-making kit, I decided to soldier on and see if I couldn't reproduce some of the wonderfully warm skin tones Elora was able to produce in her recent bunny pic.

So yeah, this is hopelessly derivative and imitative. Really, it's a sort of exercise in trying to get better at photographing skin tone. I used one projector, and key and back lights to soften the shadows a bit. Using the Slink body HUD, I turned gloss on the skin very high, and set the glow just a teeny bit up, at "1." The pic is mostly unprocessed: I cropped it and blurred a few of the harsher edges.

Lingerie-blank.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Notwithstanding the fact that some astonishing recent pics by @KaiaWang and @Nastasha Szaberwick have left me wanting to throw my virtual camera into the same attic-bound storage bin that contains my unfinished novel, 15 unsent letters to an ex, a pair of skates that I wore exactly twice, and a rather expensive but still mostly pristine wine-making kit, I decided to soldier on and see if I couldn't reproduce some of the wonderfully warm skin tones Elora was able to produce in her recent bunny pic.

So yeah, this is hopelessly derivative and imitative. Really, it's a sort of exercise in trying to get better at photographing skin tone. I used one projector, and key and back lights to soften the shadows a bit. Using the Slink body HUD, I turned gloss on the skin very high, and set the glow just a teeny bit up, at "1." The pic is mostly unprocessed: I cropped it and blurred a few of the harsher edges.

Lingerie-blank.png

Nicely done! I think that could be my problem, having trouble photographing skin tones But this one is nice!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I don't know nuthin' 'bout lighting and whatnot lol but here's another one of me

I blurred it a bit and changed the tone

crop.jpg

Edited by anniepany
added more info
  • Like 20

5 minutes ago, anniepany said:

I don't know nuthin' 'bout lighting and whatnot lol but here's another one of me

I blurred it a bit and changed the tone

crop.jpg

Fancy lighting? Bah. You've got an absolutely fabulously "classic" look happening here! To me, it's very 40s: you belong painted on the nose of WWII vintage fighter plane! (If you know what I mean!)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1