How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

So after seeing the many impressive posts of  @Skell Dagger I figured it was time to get off my ass and see if I could put together a look with a mesh head I'd be satisfied with.  If he can get insane results like the ones he posts here, then I can at least cobble something together that'll reflect my persona.

I spent a good portion of yesterday and today researching and trying out demos, and I think I finally got a starting look I'm okay with, and learned quite a bit along the way.

Now someone hide my wallet, quickly.  Please.

meshguy_001.png

• Like 14

31 minutes ago, Donovan Michalski said:

So after seeing the many impressive posts of  @Skell Dagger I figured it was time to get off my ass and see if I could put together a look with a mesh head I'd be satisfied with.  If he can get insane results like the ones he posts here, then I can at least cobble something together that'll reflect my persona.

I spent a good portion of yesterday and today researching and trying out demos, and I think I finally got a starting look I'm okay with, and learned quite a bit along the way.

Now someone hide my wallet, quickly.  Please.

meshguy_001.png

Thanks, Donovan :) That's a pretty impressive start! Mesh heads can be frustrating to begin with, but the more you work with them, the easier they get. And yeah, your wallet's gonna start hurting now...

19 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Skell Dagger: Inspiring Second Life, One Bloke at a Time

(please tell Daros not to hurt me)

I'll hold him back, I promise :P 

• Like 5

Ascend and Stealthic for FaMESHed.

36451468335_283f792f8f_b.jpg

Credits

Jacket: Ascend - Marc Jacket (pinstripe black)
Hair: Stealthic - Hysteria
Jeans: Kitt Ragu for :K: - Slim Fit Jeans Homme (black)
Makeup applier: Zibska - Herrick (Omega)
Skin applier: Swallow - Martin (ivory)
Eye appliers: Avi-Glam - Elysian Eyes (fjord)
Brow appliers: Odeco - Catwa/Omega Mens Eyebrow (shaved)
Nail appliers: Odd Eyed Cat - Clawz Base Slink Nail Polish
Hairbase applier: Stealthic
Head: Catwa - Daniel
Hands: Slink - Physique Male
Poses & props: FoxCity - Night Owl

• Like 16

3 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

They say travel broadens the mind.

So, I went over the falls in a barrel.

I found the North Pole in a field of ice.

And in the land of dreams

I found you. 

Funny, I do live in a suitcase here since I have no official home in SL. Luckily it is big enough to hold several dozen pairs of shoes and more clothes than I care to mention.

(Jump to 4:55 if you are wondering what this has to do with anything.)

Edited by Sagadin
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Sagadin said:

Funny, I do live in a suitcase here since I have no official home in SL. Luckily it is big enough to hold several dozen pairs of shoes and more clothes than I care to mention.

Just shoes and clothes? My purse contains a front end loader, a spaceship, and enough propane to incineratecleanse all of SL.

ETA: My apologies, you did say your suitcase was big enough for you to live in, so it also contains you.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 7

17 minutes ago, RavenWildheart said:

"cleanse" rofl. Like the gene pool needs a fresh dose of chlorine, you mean?

Not quite.

It's more that SL is chock full of people busily sinning. After awhile, that slows a body down. I offer to clean them up so they can get back at it. I don't clean it all away, like a good sourdough starter, you keep a few sins to seed the next batch.

598a5c2632178_WarmWelcomes.thumb.jpeg.7d851343581ae6e8766bab227aad2dea.jpeg

• Like 6

On 8/7/2017 at 6:08 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I don't even bother to photoshop any of my SL pictures - even the ones that I upload to Flickr and add to various groups.  I'll sometimes crop them, but that is it.  If the picture doesn't look good on its own, I just trash it and reshoot or find a better angle / lighting / whatever.  Unless a picture is going onto a blog or ad or something like that, I just don't see the need to fiddle with it.

Here on the forums, many times I prefer the unedited versions. 

I agree, i like the raw unfiltered look

• Like 2