Nostoll

How does your avatar look today ?

So  everyone is going gaga over superhero outfits from XO,  and  I have to check  those out, but meanwhile I discovered this MP store called Bombshell.

Untitled

• Like 17

while Neph was playing Sith, I decided to go a different route today. I did visit XO and find a couple of outfits I want, but that's for later. lol

LOTD 77.png

• Like 19

On 3/3/2019 at 10:49 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

At the end of every leg of every long road trip there is a Coke machine.

I  think  this one takes Japanese coins.

Untitled

• Like 15

On 3/3/2019 at 9:49 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

At the end of every leg of every long road trip there is a Coke machine.

I just hope this one takes Canadian quarters.

19 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

I think  this one takes Japanese coins.

1285639865_Coins.thumb.jpg.260847aa649cd5a9a2218192d5d866eb.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 10

Since we unleashed SITH fever on the thread.... I had to roll out my last shot for the day!!! Loved meeting Zeta today! May the force be with you ;)

SARA SITH3.jpg

• Like 17

8 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

Playing  around  with  windlights and stuff.

Untitled

Very cool!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I see that Maddy is showcasing her highly technical engineering expertise again . . .

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I've been following this thread for many weeks and have also recently as a result bought a lot of outfits from XO, I wonder if they have wondered why there has perhaps been such an upturn in business? 😁

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Evarne said:

I've been following this thread for many weeks and have also recently as a result bought a lot of outfits from XO, I wonder if they have wondered why there has perhaps been such an upturn in business? 😁

XO isn't the first instance.

I've sometimes thought that a really clever merchant would approach some of the more popular and/or prolific posters here with an offer of a deal to showcase their items.

Which wouldn't, I suppose, be very ethical. But it likely wouldn't break any rules either, if it were cleverly done.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I've sometimes thought that a really clever merchant would approach some of the more popular and/or prolific posters here with an offer of a deal to showcase their items.

Which wouldn't, I suppose, be very ethical. But it likely wouldn't break any rules either, if it were cleverly done.

Sounds like what's done on social media all the time.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I think that if we really liked a product or clothing.... wore it/posted it.... and other on the thread bought because of its' awesomeness...then no harm no foul. To me, you only cross an ethical line if you endorse a product that you actually wouldn't wear or buy. Otherwise,  just say "hey... I'm endorsing xyz garbage.... go buy it so I can get some free stuff" ;)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

OMG... are those...Lady Bug Slippers!!?? I need them!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Amanda Dallin said:

Sounds like what's done on social media all the time.  

Sure. There are some very successful YouTube channels built on that premise.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Saravendi said:

I think that if we really liked a product or clothing.... wore it/posted it.... and other on the thread bought because of its' awesomeness...then no harm no foul. To me, you only cross an ethical line if you endorse a product that you actually wouldn't wear or buy. Otherwise,  just say "hey... I'm endorsing xyz garbage.... go buy it so I can get some free stuff" ;)

Oh certainly. I mean, we do endorse the things we like here all the time.

But . . . what if Hair Merchant X started supplying someone here with free hairs, on the understanding that they would showcase them? Would that be ethical? Would it be if you just wore them, and included the style's details in the post without an outright endorsement?

Not sure, to be honest, but it's a pretty fine line.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh certainly. I mean, we do endorse the things we like here all the time.

But . . . what if Hair Merchant X started supplying someone here with free hairs, on the understanding that they would showcase them? Would that be ethical? Would it be if you just wore them, and included the style's details in the post without an outright endorsement?

Not sure, to be honest, but it's a pretty fine line.

Ethical...hummmm I think yes...IF you actually like the product and because most of what we show off here is clothing, skin, hair etc... everyone can see what we are wearing and decide for themselves if they like it or not.

If, for example it was a car in rl and it was a piece of $@&%... you knew it, and endorsed it anyway (above board or not), then that is the line to me. But yes...you are right...it is a thin line indeed. I bet @Evarne didn't realize they would open up pandoras box on their first post!!! 😱🤯;)

Actually...I wouldn't do it regardless without full disclosure, because of the trust and friendship we all have here. (where is the warm & fuzzy icon?)

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Saravendi said:

OMG... are those...Lady Bug Slippers!!?? I need them!

I'd have gifted you a pair, but they're freebies, so you gotta get 'em from the Marketplace yourself...

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Scrumptious-Ladybug-Slippers/208557

In my first SL life, I had a couple dozen pair of silly slippers, including spouting whales, spiders, snowmen, spaceships, bunnies, Snoopy, a pair of eyeballs, and I can't remember what else. You just can't have enough goofy footwear.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, Saravendi said:

Ethical...hummmm I think yes...IF you actually like the product and because most of what we show off here is clothing, skin, hair etc... everyone can see what we are wearing and decide for themselves if they like it or not.

I think that this is the principle that many YouTube reviewers abide by. They don't hide the fact that they've been sent stuff to review for free, but they also don't hesitate to trash it if it deserves trashing. Presumably that means that only companies that are reasonably confident about the value of their wares send stuff -- no point in giving something away for free if it's only going to result in a blisteringly bad review.

14 minutes ago, Saravendi said:

Actually...I wouldn't do it regardless without full disclosure, because of the trust and friendship we all have here.

I think disclosure is probably key. My question in that context, though, is whether admitting that you were showcasing something that had been sent to you for the explicit purpose of showcasing it would be considered by the mods as a form of advertisement, and hence run afoul of forum rules?

16 minutes ago, Saravendi said:

I bet @Evarne didn't realize they would open up pandoras box on their first post!!! 😱🤯;)

EVERYONE gets (and deserves!) fifteen minutes of fame here!

17 minutes ago, Saravendi said:

(where is the warm & fuzzy icon?)

We need one. And it should probably look like one of Maddy's slippers.

• Like 4