How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

5 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

Colour!

(carry on)

:P I do have my moments, although I usually have to lie down for a while afterwards...

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I was thinking the top color needed to match the pants to really make the outfit.  

I tried several variants, since I'm usually fussy about how I block my colours (on the rare occasions when I wear them). I tend to top-and-tail (hair and footwear) or accent (hair and accessories) when it comes to colour. With the top also red, the colour of the boots was off-balance: red hair, red top, red pants, black boots. Even with the beetle jacket being black, it didn't look right.

As to how I look today, I can't show all of it since I've got my avatar ready for Friday's photoshoot and I probably shouldn't spoil it. However, since I've had to age Skell a little and make him more rugged (lordy, I should hand in my pretty boy card after this - lol!) I can give a teeny sneak preview of his eyes and furrow-y forehead ;)

teaser.jpg.09704e4957325541546b842e73f978fb.jpg

(Yes, the image is fully-loaded. That's all you're gettin'!)

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

:P I do have my moments, although I usually have to lie down for a while afterwards...

I tried several variants, since I'm usually fussy about how I block my colours (on the rare occasions when I wear them). I tend to top-and-tail (hair and footwear) or accent (hair and accessories) when it comes to colour. With the top also red, the colour of the boots was off-balance: red hair, red top, red pants, black boots. Even with the beetle jacket being black, it didn't look right.

As to how I look today, I can't show all of it since I've got my avatar ready for Friday's photoshoot and I probably shouldn't spoil it. However, since I've had to age Skell a little and make him more rugged (lordy, I should hand in my pretty boy card after this - lol!) I can give a teeny sneak preview of his eyes and furrow-y forehead ;)

teaser.jpg.09704e4957325541546b842e73f978fb.jpg

(Yes, the image is fully-loaded. That's all you're gettin'!)

That's an impressive level of detail there.

Things like this make me sit back in amazement at how far SL has come from the days of...well...

DefaultAvitars.jpg

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, Donovan Michalski said:

That's an impressive level of detail there.

It is. I absolutely love the underlying skin of that look, but I've had to add even more to it to get it like that. Putting together a look like this one requires no small amount of cursing, effort and finagling with appliers. Just in that cropped image alone I have: a mesh head, a skin applier, rigged eyes, eye appliers, brow appliers, age detail applier, hairbase applier, and mesh hair. I've also got a facial hair applier on, which I'm not showing here. Getting all of those to play nicely with each other on the different layer options of the mesh head is why I've got the bloody thing ready well in advance of the shoot!

That starter image is pretty much SL as it was when I started, and while we looked awful compared to today I wouldn't swap for anything the wonderment I experienced during those early years as I discovered everything about this place.

• Like 9

14 hours ago, GettingAddicted said:

My hair is getting longer...long_001.thumb.png.b1a40855db5efc7ffb157abfaa1f8d61.png

I like that!   I miss the days of guys having longer hair. 

1 hour ago, Talligurl said:

Logged on the the Marketplace and this 1L gift top from Blueberry was screaming "Buy me!!!" 

/me heads off to the Marketplace before logging in...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Logged on the the Marketplace and this 1L gift top from Blueberry was screaming "Buy me!!!" 

Oh she changed it for gifting. I wonder if it's still 0L in world. At least with the MP you can avoid the screaming Blueberries.

• Like 3