How does your avatar look today ?

2 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

Going to swim. Yay! 🏊‍♂️ 😃
I wonder why so few avatars swim in SL? It's a rare occasion to see somebody swimming.
Once I swam all the way from sandbox to my Linden home crossing many regions. Occasionally swimming under water. That was fun.

I swim all the time after a battle with pirates.  It's generally not my idea.

I can honestly say that the pirates go swimming a lot more often than i do.

sunk ship.png

• Like 13
  • Replies 36.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my current avatar. She's an Usagi Child ^.^  

i was wondering around a SIM one day, and some dude private messaged me tellin' me he loved my look... he was very polite and kind, asked me to stop running and turn my AO off for him, so i did... the

I find it very entertaining to switch my looks according to my mood. I woke up one day and decided to change my shape into a more petite and "model" look.   Before (with Genesis Lab bento head):

Posted Images

Just now, TatianaNikolay said:

Lol love that movie! Aw are your room mates that bad? hahaha!

They. Leave. Gunk. In. The. Sink. 

Begins to swear and rant incomprehensibly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
On 1/16/2019 at 10:31 AM, Laika Ravikumar said:

31825562027_483eacb400_k.jpg

What a beautiful photo Laila! I love the whole tone, colors, mood. It’s magical. Your facial expression is lovely. 9_9 where was this taken?

~ Sara

• Like 6
On 1/17/2019 at 1:18 AM, BelindaN said:

Nice! The shadows on tbe wall? Is this windlight or something else? I don't seem to notice shadows on my shoots, but some of you get great shadowing.

In some cases the shadows have been enhanced or added in Photoshop/Gimp/Paint.Net.

Also, Windlight settings may not be the source of SL-Viewer shadows. Projector lights can be used to cast shadows. Regular older style facelights don't. But, newer 'projector' facelights do. 

The video has links in the description to the 2016 article Second Life: The New Facelight

You can see the difference in old and new facelights here:

FaceLight01_003.jpg

The big problem with older facelights is they wipe out shadows. A combination of the two can make for excellent lighting.

This next image shows how the two affect surroundings differently.

FaceLight01_005.jpg

The old style lights have to be designed to specifically not destroy the ambiance, difficult.

ALM = Advanced Lighting Model. Some recommend turning off ALM. For more realistic looking images you will want it on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:32 AM, Talligurl said:

@BelindaN The slider that the red arrow is pointing at is also very useful when working with shadows, This changes the position of the "Sun", which in turn changes the position of the shadow, so  you can make the shadow  fall right where you  want it (see above, that shadow  didn't  just happen to fall there), the yellow slideer above it raises and lowers the light source also very useful.

1.17.2019windlight.png

At the risk of appearing dumb...…….coughs....how do I get to this screen????

Edited by BelindaN
  • Like 1