How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

Practice makes perfect.

Bringing love and warmth to cold, crusty, long-dead old stage theatre.

Lutz%20Theatre%202.jpg

Lutz%20Theatre%201.jpg

Lutz%20Theatre%20500.gif

Old theatre at Lutz. And such amazing detail - look at the far right of the animation: you can see the shadows of the stage lights against the wall.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 15

Snapshot_032.thumb.png.f12cda4350f9b022d084b178ba863515.png

Well. I'm not a huge fan of going above the standard 1.048 zoom even for wide shots, but sometimes we've got to try new things, eh? Just a quick snapshot of Neph - trying to figure out how to decorate the place. So far we've miniaturized a hearse for the table in the middle of the room, as I couldn't find anything else to put on it. The table might have to go, it's a bit tiny in the hall - and the floors will need another texture I reckon, but I don't have any decent ones for floors at present... I'll have to look around a bit for some nice floor boards.

• Like 14

Nice to be back in world after three days...........................

And so much to unpack.........

Hair is FH2 Rapunzel; Dress is Absolut Vendetta strapless mini - Leather; Shoes are ROC Lace up Platforms.........

QUESTION? is there an overall size limit to my attachments? I'm getting a prompt that I'm nearly up to my limit????

(I know about the individual GIF size limit)

SLVideo4.gif

Edited by BelindaN
Problem loading attachment!
  • Like 10

17 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I really love the perspective on this. 

Thank you so much! I was -- maybe am still -- a bit uncertain about the composition, which looks to me a bit unbalanced, but overall I think this is the kind of effect I wanted.

(I had to use DoF to keep my avatar fuzzy: it was early morning, No makeup, hair not done.)

• Like 4

On 12/27/2018 at 8:58 AM, Alyona Su said:

To get the video I used the X-Box app on Windows 10. When in your viewer press [Windows Key]+G - it will ask if you want to enable it. Choose "Yes, it's a game".

I'm penning a letter to Microsoft right now!

"Second Life is NOT A GAME!!!!!"

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

QUESTION? is there an overall size limit to my attachments? I'm getting a prompt that I'm nearly up to my limit????

I've never heard of an overall limit to attachments, but there is a limit to the number of things you can attach to a particular attachment point. (No, I don't know what it is, sadly.)

Have you tried re-attaching things to different places? Roxy talks about this somewhere in a post on another thread, I think.

ETA: Here's Roxy's post on the subject:

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Adding a link
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I've never heard of an overall limit to attachments, but there is a limit to the number of things you can attach to a particular attachment point. (No, I don't know what it is, sadly.)

Have you tried re-attaching things to different places? Roxy talks about this somewhere in a post on another thread, I think.

ETA: Here's Roxy's post on the subject:

Ah no! Not Avi attachments but image attachments here. I always click to chose image files but this last one threw up some prompts I hadn't seen before.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Ah no! Not Avi attachments but image attachments here. I always click to chose image files but this last one threw up some prompts I hadn't seen before.

Yes - A total of 4.88 mb for all types of files you attach to a post:

image.png.697c7d65828749fe3677b6188a5a994c.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Oh, sorry! Duh.

I only know of an overall file size limit. 4.88 mbs? I've never seen any other prompts, although in occasion I've uploaded an image that didn't actually display, even though it was putatively within that limit. I went back and deleted the upload.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have hit that limit before when attempting to attach multiple pics in one post and the total of them exceeded that 4.88 mb size.  That is why I typically save my pics for Flickr as 'png' and then, because the png file is very large, I'll save a 'jpg' version for anything that I want to post in the forums. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I have hit that limit before when attempting to attach multiple pics in one post and the total of them exceeded that 4.88 mb size.  That is why I typically save my pics for Flickr as 'png' and then, because the png file is very large, I'll save a 'jpg' version for anything that I want to post in the forums. 

So do you link the image from Flickr?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

So do you link the image from Flickr?

No.  I save png versions on my computer and upload those to Flickr.  For the ones I want to post to the forums, I save a jpg version on my computer and upload that directly to the forum post.

I never thought about putting the Flickr link directly here.  So trying that out of curiosity -- linking a Flickr picture that I know is larger than the 4.88 mb limit.  Since it converts it to an embedded image, I'm curious if it will actually allow the post. 

ETA: I'll be damned - the linked picture is over 6 mb.  I'll have to start doing this in the future instead of creating a copy image in jpg format just for the forums.  Sometimes I am truly brain-dead.  I should have thought of that before.

Da Vinci Gardens 1

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1