Nostoll

12 hours ago, Normajean Rae said:

Oh thank you! I'd love to join.

Make sure to join the “Forum Angels” in-world group! BelindaN is our queen 😉

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It was substantially cloudier when I took my version of this shot with @BelindaN, @Talligurl and @Laika Ravikumar! Go figure. Probably something to do with climate change.

The-Girls.png

Also, everyone was fidgeting. Group shots in SL are like herding cats.

I think the only way to do it (aside from a group picture pose balls) is for everyone to strike a pose- then the only fidgets would be face animations (blinking etc). Everyone looks great in this picture. How did you guys pose? I guess what I’m asking is did you all stand near each other and snap away until you got a picture you liked? Just wonder🤔ing 

~ Sara

• Like 6

451410609_SaraTanya.thumb.png.1c484eacd9ccba2e42ab3598ff0b7b5f.png

So, I ran into my amazing friend, Taya (Angelina String) yesterday and we spent some time in Backdrop City!  Since neither of us are too shy of the camera, we must of taken a million photos. Here is one in a million where neither of us are blinking!!!! Hope to get more of us together for a photoshoot soon.... Great time 🙂

~ Sara 

• Like 15

13 hours ago, epiclolz said:

How do y'all get such clear images 😧

In addition to playing with windlight settings like Rhonda shows (Thx Rhonda - will check those lights out!) - I think this screenshot says a bit on my process :)

Cranking the graphics settings up in "Ultra" with max complexity on the shadows, capturing in a resolution far higher than screen resolution (scaling the image down afterwards can do magic to a slightly out-of-focus image :) ) - Tooling around with extra lights,  field-of-view settings in Phototools are also important for me to get (closer to) the image I want...

screenshoot2.thumb.jpg.c1ea08e6c47468ca2b77d6f2819842e1.jpg

This is the unedited, uncropped, just scaled down a bit, result of take btw:

Snapshot_002.thumb.jpg.86a8b3d3695cfbff5b0e5523c2c7c79a.jpg

Edited by Angelina String
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Saravendi said:

I think the only way to do it (aside from a group picture pose balls) is for everyone to strike a pose- then the only fidgets would be face animations (blinking etc). Everyone looks great in this picture. How did you guys pose? I guess what I’m asking is did you all stand near each other and snap away until you got a picture you liked? Just wonder🤔ing 

~ Sara

I can't speak to how the others took their shots, but, yes, we just stood there with our AOs running. At least, I don't think anyone assumed a pose outside of their AO.

And then, after adjusting the shadow, ambient occlusion, DoF, etc, I just snapped a whole bunch of pics from a few different angles. A lot of them were wasted shots (eyes closed, or out of focus, or a particularly awkward looking pose), but there were a handful that were acceptable, of which this was the best, I think.

I do occasionally use a static pose, or my poser HUD, for pics, but, because I'm kind of a hack photographer, I mostly just set it up, let my AO run, and snap snap snap. It's scattershot, but it generally sort of works? And I occasionally get a look I wasn't expecting, but that is cool.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Peony Swee*****er said:

Quick snapshot in the midst of getting work done on some older dresses. The update to the Lelutka Simone has had me going back to my older av, and I'm loving the subtleties and naturalness of the facial expressions. I did have to tweak her shape a bit after the update, but I definitely love how she looks even more now.

181201 Lelutka Simone.png

There is so much character and beauty in this face. I love this so much!

• Like 5