How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

41 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Genus beta head got long waited update today with AO HUD. The head itself looks really lovely.

But what comes to the animations, I'm not impressed yet. The facial animations are tied with head movement. Unfortunately the head movement is very jerky, it does not look natural. So the animations still need lots of work in them.

And the AO HUD would need options:
1. To play only the facial animations, letting the head be free. The body AO would take care of the head movement.
2. To play the facial animations with the head AO's head movement. The head AO overriding the body AO's head movement.

Huh, I'm not seeing "jerky" head movement. I do like the subtleness of the expressions. But the HUD doesn't indicate when one is active or not, etc. I still use Chrysanthemum Facial AO (Nice) - it really is that good. I don't know if I will ever use the one that comes with the head or not, even when finished. But, as I've said, the subtleness of these is very pleasant to me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

Genus beta head got long waited update today with AO HUD. The head itself looks really lovely.

But what comes to the animations, I'm not impressed yet. The facial animations are tied with head movement. Unfortunately the head movement is very jerky, it does not look natural. So the animations still need lots of work in them.

And the AO HUD would need options:
1. To play only the facial animations, letting the head be free. The body AO would take care of the head movement.
2. To play the facial animations with the head AO's head movement. The head AO overriding the body AO's head movement.

Here's a short animation sample:
Genus-Head-with-AO_3.gif.a33bac774cfb9c8bd16b7c272336a4bc.gif

I agree, I LOVE this head, haven't used any others since it arrived and am really happy to finally have the animations but it isn't smooth yet.  I'm willing to wait for it to improve though, have been thus far so no big deal for me as of yet. 

Powder Pack is coming out with a version for Genus so yay for that!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Huh, I'm not seeing "jerky" head movement. I do like the subtleness of the expressions. But the HUD doesn't indicate when one is active or not, etc. I still use Chrysanthemum Facial AO (Nice) - it really is that good. I don't know if I will ever use the one that comes with the head or not, even when finished. But, as I've said, the subtleness of these is very pleasant to me.

Well, the head movements (i.e. the head turning different to different directions) with the Genus head AO definitely are jerky, they are not smooth from animation to animation. It gets really annoying to look at. There are other problems too with the head AO. When you enable typing animation, you type it looks ok. When you stop typing all the face animations stop too. You have to click the HUD to enable the face animations to play again. Not good. And the lack of indication what animations are playing is annoying too. The HUD and the animations clearly are not yet ready. Hopefully they will do an update and not leave it just like that.

What is surprising is that they are going to release soon new heads even though this first head is not yet fully ready. ?  At least what comes to the animations and the AO HUD.

This first head is really nice looking and can be tweaked to various nice looks.
If the animations and the AO HUD would get an excellent update it would make this head really great one.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That sounds vaguely familiar, sort of....

I don't recall the details, but I think he accidentally wore a folder of cabins, attaching them to every point on his avatar. He was so delighted with the result that he came to the forum to celebrate becoming CABIN-MAN!

I've accidentally done something similar and it is a truly memorable experience.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, TatianaNikolay said:

Also playing around with the Genus head.

Snapshot_004-min.png

So beautiful!

I've spent hours and days and (it sometimes seems) months tweaking my Genus head. It's a really nice head -- almost uncanny valley good -- but I've had a difficult time settling on a look I really like. ?

But you seem to have managed gorgeous right away!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I think he accidentally wore a folder of cabins, attaching them to every point on his avatar. He was so delighted with the result that he came to the forum to celebrate becoming CABIN-MAN!

I see this as a CHALLENGE!

I want to wear a yacht or a hunting lodge at least. I think I have the requisite talent!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I don't recall the details, but I think he accidentally wore a folder of cabins, attaching them to every point on his avatar. He was so delighted with the result that he came to the forum to celebrate becoming CABIN-MAN!

I've accidentally done something similar and it is a truly memorable experience.

And I thought just wearing all the boxes in my Objects folder was a feat.  I was so Noob at the time, I didn't even know how to take a picture yet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So beautiful!

I've spent hours and days and (it sometimes seems) months tweaking my Genus head. It's a really nice head -- almost uncanny valley good -- but I've had a difficult time settling on a look I really like. ?

But you seem to have managed gorgeous right away!

It also helped that one of my sponsors sent a Genus shape!

• Like 4