Jump to content
Nostoll

How does your avatar look today ?

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

It means you're the only one in the group right now (everyone else is offline) - which is my argument for having members of the group visible (as it will show their online status). 

I was briefly in-world (trying to find answer to the eternal question: "Does my nose look too big in this skin?") and I was able to back and forth with Belinda a bit, so it seems to be working fine!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2017 at 4:25 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I also toss almost all regular clothing after wearing it once.

Hmm.

Time to start rummaging through your trash bin!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Does this mean nobody else in the group is in world, or do I need to tick a box somewhere??????

It just means you are the only one in world.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Forum Angels............................

I just tried a test group chat and get this.........

"You are the only participant in this IM session. Your message is not being retransmitted or stored."

Does this mean nobody else in the group is in world, or do I need to tick a box somewhere??????

I was briefly online, and I saw your"xxxx"-message in the group chat :),

Edited by Angelina String
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish there was a way to prevent plain, dark backgrounds in SL from streaking like this, but eh. I love how this shot came out, regardless.

31899601288_eebd5e628c_h.jpg

Credits

Hotdog for The Mens Dept, Air for We ❤️ Roleplay, S0NG for Kustom9, and Vango for Men Only Monthly.

Suit: Hotdog - Baxter Suit (stripe - one size only, so try a demo!)
Glasses: Air - Etienne Glasses (silver)
Hair: Vango - Kevin (browns)
Eye appliers: S0NG - Demi Eyes (Catwa)
Necklace: Katatonik - Gatekeeper Necklace (dark)
Skin applier: Insol - Tyson (T1 - Catwa)
Brow appliers: Identity Body Shop - Thick Eyebrows (Catwa, Omega, system)
Makeup: Alaskametro - Black Magic (Catwa, Omega, Lelutka, system)
Ears: L'Etre - Olympe Mesh Ears
Head: Catwa - Skell* (Bento)

*review copy

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My group list is always full -- and I get 60 groups -- thus I'll just have to stick to The Forum Cartel for inworld socializing

  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the Gym, proactively working out in preparation for the inevitable Thanksgiving Supper Bloat.

Working%20Out%20at%20the%20Gymnasium.jpg

Working%20Out%20at%20the%20Gym.jpg

Yus! I changed shoes when I realized I wasn't wearing Tenni's in the first (front) shot Bahaha! Details, details. :P

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wait. Catwa is producing a Bento head named after you???????

Yep, they sure did.  Pretty cool, huh?  Our Skell is an SL Celebrity.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yep, they sure did.  Pretty cool, huh?  Our Skell is an SL Celebrity.

That is SO. COOL.

Also, it's kind of wonderfully meta to be wearing a head named after oneself. It'd be sort of like Ronald Reagan wearing a Ronald Reagan mask?

(Except Skell isn't at all like Ronald Reagan. But you know what I mean.)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Angelina/Taya- beautiful photos of you! I especially love the last shot in the series. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Angelina String said:

Snapshot_035_cr.thumb.jpg.a4a4f1ab1d642f36a5e456cc8f4c6d56.jpg

One of the things I really love about your avi -- and your pics reinforce this a lot -- is how open, and approachable, and full of humour you look. It's not unlike the look that I think my old system avi used to convey, and I've been trying to reproduce it. It's difficult: I find (rightly or wrongly) that many of the more popular skins/appliers these days, both male and female, look a little severe and forbidding.

I like that you look as though I could just plonk down on a couch beside you, and you'd immediately respond with friendly chit chat. ?

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Saravendi said:

Angelina/Taya- beautiful photos of you! I especially love the last shot in the series. 

40 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

One of the things I really love about your avi -- and your pics reinforce this a lot -- is how open, and approachable, and full of humour you look. It's not unlike the look that I think my old system avi used to convey, and I've been trying to reproduce it. It's difficult: I find (rightly or wrongly) that many of the more popular skins/appliers these days, both male and female, look a little severe and forbidding.

I like that you look as though I could just plonk down on a couch beside you, and you'd immediately respond with friendly chit chat. ?

Thank you very much, Scylla and Sara!

It all came together not too long ago when I finally found a head/skin-combo that really ticked all the boxes in regards to what I want to look like...
All other combinations (I guess I have demoed almost every head and skin out there - and even bought quite a few of them, thinking I've got it right this time) was not really feeling like "ME".

Scylla, it is very flattering to read your nice words about the look I finally landed on as "ME"  - now I only have to live up to it if we meet up inworld ;)

My only problem now is that I enviously look at all of you guys here with that edgy, übercool looks and tattoos and stuff - and whatever I do with my looks I cannot get halfway there :)

Snapshot_001.thumb.jpg.14e1862e18a9d7acea17fad2f579058b.jpg

Edited by Angelina String
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Angelina String said:

Scylla, it is very flattering to read your nice words about the look I finally landed on as "ME"  - now I only have to live up to it if we meet up inworld ;)

We'll just find a couch and give that plonking down and chatting thing a try, shall we?

 

7 minutes ago, Angelina String said:

My only problem now is that I enviously look at all of you guys here with that edgy, übercool looks and tattoos and stuff - and whatever I do with my looks I cannot get halfway there :)

For what it's worth (which is probably not much) I really like your style, especially when you're wearing urban casual: it's sort of sophisticated and sharp, without being fussy. And, as I said, I think it's part of that approachable and interesting-to-talk-to look you've developed!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angelina String said:

Thank you very much, Scylla and Sara!

It all came together not too long ago when I finally found a head/skin-combo that really ticked all the boxes in regards to what I want to look like...
All other combinations (I guess I have demoed almost every head and skin out there - and even bought quite a few of them, thinking I've got it right this time) was not really feeling like "ME".

Scylla, it is very flattering to read your nice words about the look I finally landed on as "ME"  - now I only have to live up to it if we meet up inworld ;)

My only problem now is that I enviously look at all of you guys here with that edgy, übercool looks and tattoos and stuff - and whatever I do with my looks I cannot get halfway there :)

Snapshot_001.thumb.jpg.14e1862e18a9d7acea17fad2f579058b.jpg

There's a new student in 'my coffee shop' Angelina who could be your RL sister. Blue eyes, same skin, same face shape, it's uncanny............

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyways........I'm obsessing with fur jackets right now. A pink one wasn't enough so now I have Ivory and red.........

Here's the red:

Just irrrrrresistable.......hehe!

 

secondlife 02.jpg

Gyazo 05.gif

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...