How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

On 10/4/2018 at 9:16 PM, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

I usually have a height detector with me because firestorm sizing is different from the default LL size, so I'm often saving my shape and using the detector to be sure I fit the LL size and not the firestorm one.

In the FS viewer with my heels I am 1.92m. In the LL viewer I am 1.72m, wearing all the same stuff. The difference is in where the viewers measure to.

In RL we measure from the bottom of our feet to the top of out head. In SL the viewers and height gauges start at the pelvis and calculate down the legs, feet, and shoes and from the pelvis up the back, neck, and to the eyes. My understanding is FS does a calc to figure out the distance from the eyes to the top of the head. Or maybe they just add in some cm to approximate it. That all gets added together for a height number. The LL viewer doesn't measure to the top of the head, so it shows feet to eyes. So, you are always taller in FS. But, FS gives you a more realistic number.

Of course, the avatar doesn't change when you change viewers. They just report different heights. 

The test is to make a cube or other prim and set its height. Compare your avatar to that to get a true height. You can also adjust the prim to your height and then read the size of the prim. Firestorm is closer to correct. 

I make a tool for getting avatar height and proportions correct regardless of what the viewer and height gauges report. The gauges ask the server how tall your avatar is. I forget but I think the viewer tells the server about the avatar when you close the appearance editor. So, the LL viewer reports its calc and FS its calc and the server just believes them. While it is possible for a gauge to actually MEASURE your avatar, I don't know of any that do. Trust the cube.

HAIR Fair 2018

My fav of all the hair I saw...

44172256005_92aece798d_b.jpg

• Like 8

I'm still just loving dressing up and living a simple SL life!!!  My 5 month rezz day was yesterday, and apart from coming across a naked guy while taking my photos it all went well!!!

Why do some guys do that? Why do some guys send sexually explicit IM's? Oh well, it's easy enough to hit the block button...............?

Most of this stuff is from ISON!!!!

secondlife 01.jpg

secondlife 03.jpg

secondlife 05.jpg

• Like 14

Not today, actually a year ago today. I save my pictures to  my computer with  a file name that starts with the date, and I have done that over a year now, so this years pictures' names start with the same numbers as pictures taken a year ago.  Some of you might recognize this guy.

10.6pm_004.png

Edited by Talligurl
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

In the FS viewer with my heels I am 1.92m. In the LL viewer I am 1.72m, wearing all the same stuff. The difference is in where the viewers measure to.

In RL we measure from the bottom of our feet to the top of out head. In SL the viewers and height gauges start at the pelvis and calculate down the legs, feet, and shoes and from the pelvis up the back, neck, and to the eyes. My understanding is FS does a calc to figure out the distance from the eyes to the top of the head. Or maybe they just add in some cm to approximate it. That all gets added together for a height number. The LL viewer doesn't measure to the top of the head, so it shows feet to eyes. So, you are always taller in FS. But, FS gives you a more realistic number.

Of course, the avatar doesn't change when you change viewers. They just report different heights. 

The test is to make a cube or other prim and set its height. Compare your avatar to that to get a true height. You can also adjust the prim to your height and then read the size of the prim. Firestorm is closer to correct. 

I make a tool for getting avatar height and proportions correct regardless of what the viewer and height gauges report. The gauges ask the server how tall your avatar is. I forget but I think the viewer tells the server about the avatar when you close the appearance editor. So, the LL viewer reports its calc and FS its calc and the server just believes them. While it is possible for a gauge to actually MEASURE your avatar, I don't know of any that do. Trust the cube.

HAIR Fair 2018

My fav of all the hair I saw...

44172256005_92aece798d_b.jpg

Oh I know that it's only a matter of reporting it differently rather than actually having different shapes, but if you want to not be annoyed by height detector at most places the best option is to use the LL height, which is the one the script reads.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I have tried to find a makeup like that! I was looking at the Marketplace, but I find only tattoo layers. You have a mesh head? I need appliers for a Joker face/Glasgow smile.

Hi Marianne :) yes, my head is mesh, it's GA.EG and unfortunately that is a GA.EG exclusive add on... What head do you have? She does make an omega effects kit with a similar though not exactly the same Glasgow smile. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/GAEG-Effects-O-FX04-Darkside-Omega-Applier/12961919

• Thanks 1