How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

53 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I would like some opinions and this is as good a place as any to ask.

Which is better, horns swept forward (my favorite at the moment) or the more traditional swept back?

2018-07-13_004a.thumb.jpg.ee15c7ea5717a02022baa5b8dfd0b6ba.jpg2018-07-13_005a.thumb.jpg.b500167eda868d2d80be61be366dca1c.jpg

Personally, I like the backswept horns a bit better.

• Like 4

Miss a day or two and there are too many neat posts to respond to.

On 7/6/2018 at 7:44 AM, BelindaN said:

I've been away for a week without in-world access....:$ but the benefit was that I could check out the forums on my phone when I got the chance!!:D

And I've really enjoyed looking at the forums...........

Anyway, here are a few more of my clubbing outfits. I'm only really buying stuff I would have in RL, although here it's always shorter, tighter, and more daring!!!9_9

I'm really getting the hang of this, but I will be making a separate post about mesh heads.................*whistles*..........;)

secondlife-postcard 21.jpg

secondlife-postcard 19.jpg

You are getting the hang of it. I do like those peach jeans. "More daring"  in SL has a whole other set of levels than iRL. :) 

There is a lot of fascinating stuff in the forum. The ANSWERS section has a ton of answers for SL/Viewer problems. There are loads of how-to's on about anything you can do with SL in various parts of the forum.

Have you noticed Kim Kardashian using an SL avatar in her perfume 'print' ads? That trivia bit comes from the SL blogosphere.

I can't tell if you wanted your ankles bent in the green dress. There are free ankle locks in the marketplace. Slink has an ankle lock built into the body HUD. I assume Maitreya does too.

On 7/11/2018 at 12:02 AM, Rhonda Huntress said:

I never could get the shot. 

I played with a sign at the hangout but I never got everything set up just right and the ones I got that were OK just seem so flat with no detail.
Anyway ... what I looked like for Tuesday:

2018-07-10_012a.thumb.jpg.883043c873bbddbfe6bb55561e9d9315.jpg

Yeah... that drives me to Photoshop. It is also part of the reason I got a SpaceNavigator (3D mouse). With SN or a joystick you have way better camera control. I think most of the people making machinima use a SN.

You did nail it in your later post. I find the SN gives camera positions that reveal really nice pictures.

Take a look at how these awesome images are made: Second Life Speed Edits. While the resulting images aren't what this thread is about, the enhanced images are big on Flickr and Youtube. They are awesome.

On 7/11/2018 at 7:09 PM, Rhonda Huntress said:

And older (for me) dress on a new (to me) sim :)

2018-07-11b.thumb.jpg.34d59609341f5e0b495478f6f081f1cc.jpg

I just noticed the weird little jpg artifact in the sky just left of my forehead .  Odd.

I wasn't sure about my left hand in my hair but also not really concerned.  What would look good is if I spent the time to adjust the pose so it looks like I am pulling the hair back with my pinky.  But that takes time.  Wadda ya want for nuttin'?

I might do it for a profile pic later.

I notice stuff after I've pressed ENTER.... :/  Soooo hate it when that happens. Still a good image and cute avatar & dress.

Have you seen the POSER in the Black Dragon viewer? Check out my latest SL News and scroll down to the Black Dragon paragraphs for a video and links. The Lindens are looking at building the POSER feature into the Linden viewer. It is still awkward to use, IMO. But, WAY WAY easier than making an animation and uploading it. Great for small pose tweaks.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
Oops
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Yeah... that drives me to Photoshop. It is also part of the reason I got a SpaceNavigator (3D mouse). With SN or a joystick you have way better camera control. I think most of the people making machinima use a SN.

You did nail it in your later post. I find the SN gives camera positions that reveal really nice pictures.

Take a look at how these awesome images are made: Second Life Speed Edits. While the resulting images aren't what this thread is about, the enhanced images are big on Flickr and Youtube. They are awesome.

Thank you very much!  I tend to grab things in LL's viewer for normal, everyday type of shots.  Sometomes 'll want to do something special so I set it up in SL and take the pic with an alt in FireStorm.

1 hour ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Have you seen the POSER in the Black Dragon viewer? Check out my latest SL News and scroll down to the Black Dragon paragraphs for a video and links. The Lindens are looking at building the POSER feature into the Linden viewer. It is still awkward to use, IMO. But, WAY WAY easier than making an animation and uploading it. Great for small pose tweaks.

I have heard about it but not seen it yet.  I have not used Black Dragon in probably a year or so.  I have a massive graphics card and just rely on that :)

Right now I use avimote (?) to adjust the poses when needed.  I should patch BD and give it a try again.

• Like 3

Another new combination using my favourite Blueberry Tall Fall pants!!! Plus some new hair........

The platforms are a bit extreme, but you know how it is............ we have a saying here.........."monkey see, monkey want"........and that monkey is me.9_9

secondlife 58.jpg

secondlife 57.jpg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I like lightgrey eyes. 

Just saying.

i'll make just for ya! kidding They're already included and looks nice too (:

1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

Those eyes are almost identical to my RL eyes......

How beautiful must be in RL :) I love these little dots and the mix of colors sz

Edited by Lara Aulder
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I would like some opinions and this is as good a place as any to ask.

Which is better, horns swept forward (my favorite at the moment) or the more traditional swept back?

2018-07-13_004a.thumb.jpg.ee15c7ea5717a02022baa5b8dfd0b6ba.jpg2018-07-13_005a.thumb.jpg.b500167eda868d2d80be61be366dca1c.jpg

Swept forward = FIERCE = Feeling the dangeours around #Attack 
Swept back = OK = Friendly mode #ComeCloser

I like the fierce one.

Edited by Lara Aulder
  • Like 3