How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

3 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

It's possible to get nice raw snapshots in SL when the lighting is good.
This is highrez snapshot, region Windlight. Just cropped, nothing else done.

I don't ever do anything to my shots except crop them.  Even if I considered doing more, I have no photo-tools skills at all and no real inclination to take time to learn them.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I don't ever do anything to my shots except crop them.  Even if I considered doing more, I have no photo-tools skills at all and no real inclination to take time to learn them.

Me to, with the exception of the images I use for my virtual paintings, which is a different process than a snapshot, and any time and effort I put into learning to manipulate a photo will be geared towards making better paintings, not better snapshots.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

Me to, with the exception of the images I use for my virtual paintings, which is a different process than a snapshot, and any time and effort I put into learning to manipulate a photo will be geared towards making better paintings, not better snapshots.

I usually do a few stock manipulations on a raw image -- to enhance the color and make it slightly more vibrant, to add a little softness to background, and to add a fuzzy border. It's not much but I find that the raw images are often just a little harsh. I probably could get better at using the Firestorm photo tools but I am a little worried about melting my graphics card. Let the CPU do the work after the fact instead.

• Like 2