How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

2018-05-31_003a.thumb.jpg.4e13c96db52ef6a3a8ff198a5d8938d9.jpg

I had a big problem with texture thrashing this morning.  Most times I don't notice it much or can just hang out for a few moments and it will settle down but other times it constantly swaps one after another and nothing fully resses.  I had to time this pic when most things were showing and cropped the rest.

Anyway ... does anyone have a trick to dealing with textures re-ressing all over or is it just one of those things you have to work around?

• Like 17

54 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Anyway ... does anyone have a trick to dealing with textures re-ressing all over or is it just one of those things you have to work around?

I fixed it by putting my "viewer texture memory buffer" (in Preferences > Graphics > Hardware settings) to the maximum.

Edited by angeoco
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Maybe it's the stock viewer but with 8 GB on my card I can only allocate 512 Meg :(

Viewer texture memory buffer max size limit:
• On 32bit systems the limit is 512 MB.
• On 64bit systems the limit is 2048 MB.

It's like this in Firestorm viewer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Maybe it's the stock viewer but with 8 GB on my card I can only allocate 512 Meg :(

LL viewer is still limited to 512, even in their 64-bit version.  Rumor has it that they increased that limit for some upcoming release.

I'm using Firestorm.  My card has 16GB and my cache is set to the max that it lets me - which is 9984MB.   I never have any texture thrashing issues anymore.

• Thanks 1

"Como puede ser verdad
Last night I dreamt of San Pedro
Just like I'd never gone, I knew the song
A young girl with eyes like the desert
It all seems like yesterday, not far away
Tropical the island breeze
All of nature wild and free
This is where I long to be
La isla bonita
And when the samba played
The sun would set so high
Ring through my ears and sting my eyes
Your Spanish lullaby"
La Isla Bonita, Madonna

la isla bonita smaller.png

• Like 23

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

LL viewer is still limited to 512, even in their 64-bit version.  Rumor has it that they increased that limit for some upcoming release.

I'm using Firestorm.  My card has 16GB and my cache is set to the max that it lets me - which is 9984MB.   I never have any texture thrashing issues anymore.

Well, it may be a moot point now.  The new LL viewer fixes hosed my set up. 

2018-05-31.thumb.jpg.a7946a55ce00a5da524bb33ac8de3b84.jpg

This is actually one of the better scenes.  See that big black rectangle in the back?  Those are jumbled all over any place with mesh buildings.  It's funny how you can see the black monolith reflection in the water, too.

Anyway, I downloaded Firestorm and tried to get it set up.  I am fully aware that I am the weird one in preferring the stack viewer but as of today, I don't really have that choice any more.  Until the fixes get fixed, of course.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4