Nostoll

2 minutes ago, Jessica Pyara said:

Β  Β Always so serious looking!!

You mean, always so seriously handsome?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jessica Pyara said:

I thought that was obvious though.

Hah, nah. I don't wear tank tops and board shorts or those kind of trousers that shows a genitalia-shaped bulges - so obviously not a whole lot of women looking my way.

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

Hah, nah. I don't wear tank tops and board shorts or those kind of trousers that shows a genitalia-shaped bulges - so obviously not a whole lot of women looking my way.

Hmm, *shrugs*Β  To each their own,Β  but those women will never know what it's like to be chased by that clown if they keep looking at that random guy's bulge. They will only feel the cold steel against their skin.

14 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm glad you appreciate my desire to help the guys out here.Β 

Now, we expect a picture showing off such a fabulous outfit.Β Β  :P

Β 

7 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

I'll show Lil mine, @Vin Soulstar, if you show her yours ;)

27621644981_174183f8a4_h.jpg

(June 2016, pre-mesh head, and pre-'lie down in a darkened room'.)

I will have to buy it next time I'm online and take a picture. :P

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

I'll show Lil mine, @Vin Soulstar, if you show her yours ;)

27621644981_174183f8a4_h.jpg

(June 2016, pre-mesh head, and pre-'lie down in a darkened room'.)

Now those are some rather interesting patterns and colors. Β I think my grandmother had some quilts and tablecloths that looked similar. Β B|

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Only those of us that appreciate true good looks rather than the wanna-be-beach-bum-looking-for-sex image

1 hour ago, Kristen Beornssen said:

*Runs into the thread panting and out of breath*

I was surrounded by giants today andΒ narrowly escaped with my life!Β :o

Mind you -Β my avatar is 6.66 feet, and I'm 5'2 in RL, yet they are still towering over me.

giants.png

All the owners of those extremely tall avatar owners should go in front of the mirror in RL and take a careful look how are the real human proportions.
If the avatar is very tall it's impossible in SL to get the proportions right. The arms will be too short, often the hands are too small, and the feet are too small.
And naturally there is also the "pin" head problem often seen in very tall muscular male avatars.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

So, I went for freebies today at Gacha Garden... can you tell I like pink? The hair (Analog Dog) , skin (glam affair) , both necklaces, and shirt (Tentacio/Mays Soul) (or what passes for a shirt haha!) the leggings, nail appliers (Alme)Β  are just a few of the gifts I found there..I did play some gachas too :) So, if you are looking for some little extras for your avi,Β  go check it out. By joining the group you can pick up the freebies, and the group is free to join. I actually don't do freebies much, but this was a nice assortment. And, that pink hair tho... love!!

freebies gg.png

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

All the owners of those extremely tall avatar owners should go in front of the mirror in RL and take a careful look how are the real human proportions.
If the avatar is very tall it's impossible in SL to get the proportions right. The arms will be too short, often the hands are too small, and the feet are too small.
And naturally there is also the "pin" head problem often seen in very tall muscular male avatars.

I so agree with you! I just never understand it..I've been called shorty multiple times, and I am about 6 feet in SL!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

1 hour ago, Tess Falworth said:

I so agree with you! I just never understand it..I've been called shorty multiple times, and I am about 6 feet in SL!

Mine was 6'7", I just shortened her to 6'2 a few days ago. I never had a real issue with proportions, just the long legs, but I also spent a gross amount of time making her look good. Then of course switching to a Mesh body last November helped that as well. Already have had a few comments about "Is your butt bigger" technically? I guess yes... it's just not as stretched out for the elongated pelvis. RP wise I can explain it away as enjoying more chocolates as of late.

Β 

Β 

• Like 2

IΒ΄m in the process of adjusting mine, too (and damn... I knew the name Coby Foden was familiar when I ran past you at The Wash XD) though I like to think while my proportions are quite a tad off there are a lot worse out there xDΒ  Plus IΒ΄ll never grow tired of wondering when those who were called walking "hen"suckers just a bit ago are now the standard :P I was mediumsized damnit xD

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

I agree and these people usually have nearly all of their sliders bumped up to 100. IΒ used to keep my height slider between 60-65 about a year ago, but grew tired of colliding face first into theΒ ampleΒ rear-ends of these glamazon giantessesΒ every time I tped into a sim. Or when one would stand in front of me and totally block out the sun, the moon, and the stars!

I once got temporarily banned from a club, because the owner thought I was a kid....

when-nick-young-the-basketball-player-mePersonally, I don't know of any child avatars who are walking around with breasts, but I digress. I've alsoΒ never had any problems with proportions, even at my current height and my avie appears much smaller (slimmer) in-world than it does in my pictures, despite me being pear-shaped.Β 

I see the pin heads everywhere, just came across one yesterday who thought his avie was the sexiest thing on two virtual legs. I beg to differ.:/

Edited by Kristen Beornssen

8 minutes ago, Kristen Beornssen said:

I agree and these people usually have nearly all of their sliders bumped up to 100. IΒ used to keep my height slider between 60-65 about a year ago, but grew tired of colliding face first into theΒ ampleΒ rear-ends of these glamazon giantessesΒ every time I tped into a sim. Or when one would stand in front of me and totally block out the sun, the moon, and the stars!

I once got temporarily banned from a club, because the owner thought I was a kid....

when-nick-young-the-basketball-player-mePersonally, I don't know of any child avatars who are walking around with breasts, but I digress. I've alsoΒ never had any problems with proportions, even at my current height and my avie appears much smaller (slimmer) in-world than it does in my pictures, despite me being pear-shaped.Β 

I see the pin heads everywhere, just came across one yesterday who thought his avie was the sexiest thing on two virtual legs. I beg to differ.:/

Β  Β I don't understand how people think it looks good! Like ... maybe I'm pretentious or something, but I take pride in my avi. Like I don't understand how do people think the pin heads, look good. Even when I didn't have RL $ to spend I earned my L$ to buy clothes, skins, hair AO's ect...

• Like 1

Baking in this heat...Might as well head to the beach! (It's not even THAT hot, where I am, really, but it's MAY - I want my Spring weather, not this fake summer nonsense!)

Β 

Β 

Beachin_013.png

Β 

Playing with filters was fun, though.

Edited by Ariel Vuissent
  • Like 11

2 minutes ago, Ariel Vuissent said:

Baking in this heat...Might as well head to the beach! (It's not even THAT hot, where I am, really, but it's MAY - I want my Spring weather, not this fake summer nonsense!)

Β 

Β 

Beachin_013.png

Β 

Playing with filters was fun, though.

OMG!!! I know the weather is crazy where I am, we're going from cold to hot, to muggy and raining.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Jessica Pyara said:

Mine was 6'7", I just shortened her to 6'2 a few days ago. I never had a real issue with proportions, just the long legs, but I also spent a gross amount of time making her look good. Then of course switching to a Mesh body last November helped that as well. Already have had a few comments about "Is your butt bigger" technically? I guess yes... it's just not as stretched out for the elongated pelvis. RP wise I can explain it away as enjoying more chocolates as of late.

Β 

Β 

Β 

The issue with most folks is that they don't actually understand proportions for a human..fingertips reach to about midthigh, and that the inside of the elbows should be about in line with the actual waist/belly button of a human female.Β  People tend to also forget that a human female shoulders should not look like a linebackers :(Β  While I know that there are many many MANY variations ( I have a degree in Art/Painting and Art History and have studied human figureΒ ad naseum) I know that not everyone ges that.Β  And its not a bad thing, its just what folks know or have been exposed to.Β  I grew up looking at Japanese animation, and hence so many of my drawings that I make for myself have those proportions, and also in SL those proportions tend to creep out. Alot of folks also make their avi proportinal to those things around them so I totally get it. And, if things around them are super tall, they will make their avi fit that. I refused to do that and stuck to a more "normal" height, and as time went on I saw that creators were making more accurately sized things to use, so I looked more proportional to them. It is all relevant to what you are standing next to really!Β 

Below are actually links that show it better..anyway, this is a "thing" for me, as a classically trained artist seeing people with pin heads and abnormally tall bodies with short arms makes me cringe.. oi!Β 

http://seams-couture.blogspot.com/2011/04/standard-proportions-for-sketching.html

Β 

Female Proportions

Β 

• Like 3