How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

[2018/04/10 14:49:02] Orwar Furlgrimr (orwar): T-shirts..
[2018/04/10 14:49:14] Orwar Furlgrimr (orwar): Poses..
[2018/04/10 14:49:24] Orwar Furlgrimr (orwar): Crap backdrops..
[2018/04/10 14:49:38] Orwar Furlgrimr (orwar): Wonky furniture..
[2018/04/10 14:50:01] Orwar Furlgrimr (orwar): Patterned shirts..
[2018/04/10 14:50:11] Orwar Furlgrimr (orwar): Douche hair..

Painted steel armour with unguligrade legs.

faf72709a16cc670f98b0ed11dd36368.thumb.jpg.100e4973c979d0a585e478aec9356c8c.jpg

Edited by Callum Meriman
One day I will English Learn.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, Orwar said:

Well, I've now checked out the event and can report that, as expected, it's skins, tattoos and poses, at least 3 vendors who sell only swim trunks, a bunch of tank tops and hoodies, a few track suit stuff and of course lounge pants.

Some pretty interesting-looking things for the ladies, though.

I am not in the least bit surprised. The fact that so many style-conscious men in SL can predict in advance the kind of items that will be available to them is a sad indictment on where male SL fashion is these days. Yes, there are a few designers who are still bringing fantastic items to the table - be it in design or quality - but the vast majority of offerings are the same-old-same-old. When it's always said that "men don't shop much" part of that is down to men thinking "How many bloody hoodies/sweatpants/tattoos does one guy need?"

I find myself coming away, even from menswear-only events, with just a few accessories lately.

5 hours ago, OnlyMon said:

If only you guys could see the pages of ranting and ridicule Orwar said about the event, this is him being pretty nice LOL

I'm past the point of ranting (with the exception of one blog post that will be forthcoming) and I'm now at the point of just a heavy sigh.

7 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Painted steel armour with digitigrade legs.

faf72709a16cc670f98b0ed11dd36368.thumb.jpg.100e4973c979d0a585e478aec9356c8c.jpg

Yeah. I used to love Cubura. They were one of the first (and few) stores to break the gender barrier for non-bishonen guys with their male mesh body-fitted heeled boots. But between this and their last offering (the joke 'smelly, pee-stained underpants' at The Men Jail) they now seem to be trying too hard. I'm all about avant garde clothing, but my initial reaction on seeing the above was "What the...?"

Any merchants out there who want a clothing niche to create for? Make applier pants for guys. (And not just sodding ripped jeans, either!) There are thousands of pairs of boots available, from above-ankle to below-knee, and most of them can only be worn with (at best) one or two sets of mesh pants (I have a 150,000+ inventory and I sometimes spend ages trying on tens of pairs of pants when demoing boots, only to give up and not purchase said boots), whereas applier pants fit under them perfectly, just like clothing layer pants used to fit under our favourite engineer boots before mesh came along. Who is making applier pants? Nobody. I'm still relying on the old sets of female applier pants that Sn@tch used to make, and even Ivey doesn't create those anymore. (And yes, I know there are other female applier pants out there, but many of them look 'wrong' because they dip low at the front and physically don't allow enough 'fabric' to accommodate what a guy would have behind there, as opposed to what a woman would have behind there!)

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Orwar said:

[2018/04/10 14:49:02] Orwar Furlgrimr (orwar): T-shirts..
[2018/04/10 14:49:14] Orwar Furlgrimr (orwar): Poses..
[2018/04/10 14:49:24] Orwar Furlgrimr (orwar): Crap backdrops..
[2018/04/10 14:49:38] Orwar Furlgrimr (orwar): Wonky furniture..
[2018/04/10 14:50:01] Orwar Furlgrimr (orwar): Patterned shirts..
[2018/04/10 14:50:11] Orwar Furlgrimr (orwar): Douche hair..

[2018/04/11 14:11 local time] /me clicking through the preview: Gacha, gacha, gacha. Creator known for stupid time limits in their demo, thus on buying blacklist. Vendor whose hair has more complexity than a single outfit of mine, also blacklisted...

... and the few remaining items of acceptable quality could have also been perfect mainstore releases with no need for yet another "event".

However, my biggest "Huh?!" moment was the moment of discovering that Foxcity was happily raging against the Backdrop City concept, but doesn't say no to be part in the event run by the same person. Standards, ai haz dem...

5 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

I'm past the point of ranting (with the exception of one blog post that will be forthcoming) and I'm now at the point of just a heavy sigh.

I think one of the vendor pics summed it up quite perfectly:

61b168c7227b9b21879227374e0cccbc.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

... and the few remaining items of acceptable quality could have also been perfect mainstore releases with no need for yet another "event".

Mainstore releases? What is that supposed to be?

(caveat before someone replies explaining.... that was sarcasm)

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

After Stell mentioned it in his Blog, I've been working on adapting the Signature Geralt body to my style. Still not quite right yet, but I will get there over a few weeks.

lotd_001z.thumb.png.d0a889f0fe6f670fb7a462e048d596c9.png2f78fbd1779e0928b077845c6927e778.gif.9803bee72ff27cfb11991533e551548a.gif

This is a very worthy replacement for the TMP, and could be quite popular in the twink community. I quite like it. Now we need clothing!
Body skin is AviGlam soft, hair by modulus,

(not wearing my ears or tail in this shot)

I may have to experiment with this... I suck at making slender andro shapes with the male bodies, so I currently use V-tech. Which is difficult to actually clothe if you just want to be andro and not a femboy.

/woeisme

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ArielScheele said:

I may have to experiment with this... I suck at making slender andro shapes with the male bodies, so I currently use V-tech. Which is difficult to actually clothe if you just want to be andro and not a femboy.

/woeisme

Not just you! It can be very difficult being androgynous.

• Slink is chunky in the chest
  • Jake has flattened mega-biceps and a poorly meshed neck
  • TMP has a horrible HUD and is also a dead product
  • VTech comes with larger hips and clothing that doesn't really suit me

It is worth trying the Geralt demo with a smooth body skin demo, the skin makes a lot of difference on that body over the default skin.

The only thing still missing is the clothing. But i am hopeful the big names will start releasing it soon.

• Like 2

Hey... it´s me again *whistles*

a friend of mine told me about a German Club she wanted to take me to (I don´t like the music she said would be played there but meh i´ll just leave the stream off and continue watching GOTG 1 XD) so I had to change again... she crashed though ... dunno maybe I´ll go out anyways (but... to Sanctuary of Rock more likely.... or if I´m in the mood to I´ll peak my head into Stahlwerk if I want to type german... but I usually don´t care xD )

Snapshot_201.thumb.jpg.60e16326a15a1ea25eef06c12a132a6e.jpg

I think it should work for ANY club, waaay less fabric than I usually wear yet not too skimpy I guess xD (too lazy to put more effort into a more electronic music /trance/deep house outfit cos... meh... rock chick here xD)

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

DO I want to google it? *decides for no*

There's nothing bad about it.  It's a music video called " Dem Beats."  Todrick Hall dresses up in drag, in this unicorn armor, at a dance club.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Catrie said:

There's nothing bad about it.  It's a music video called " Dem Beats."  Todrick Hall dresses up in drag, in this unicorn armor, at a dance club.  

now I might actualy take a look at it, I was fearing the worst =^.^=

• Like 1

On 4/10/2018 at 11:02 AM, Syn Anatine said:

I really like the look and the shape, so please don't take this the wrong way! When I first saw the picture my only thought was "Oh boy, those two boobs had a fight and now don't like each other anymore." I think it's the dress but it gives the impression that they're litterly turning away from each other as if to give one another the 'cold shoulder' xDDD I'm so sorry!

Syn, no worries at all! It is actually the dress, and also the breasts on the Belleza Freya body are just.. well.. rather out there too. I usually have to bring them in and go all the way to the right on the gravity slider, but sometimes its fun to play with them, no pun intended! I make my shapes all mod, so people can tweak what they want. I find the boobs on Belleza to look more like torpedos :(and often have to really move them around to fit more naturally. Anyway, I am glad you like the shape though!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

If you still have system pants in that warehouse of an inventory, Bakes on Mesh will bring them new life soon.

Funny you should say that... ;)

I've been enduring a Linden viewer for the past couple of hours (dear god...) just so I could test out Bakes on Mesh. And all I can say is "Holy [insert a string of delighted swear words here] this is going to be a game-changer".

Skin, makeup, and tattoos are all system layers baked onto my mesh head and body:

41352459642_8eff79b8cd_h.jpg

41395461131_f912111be1_h.jpg

Credits behind a spoiler tag, because I've split them into mesh, applier, and system:

Testing the Bakes on Mesh project viewer, and I'm loving the layering possibilities that this will have once it's up and running. Sure, a lot of my old system skins don't look so great anymore (and I've packed a lot of them away, so some unpacking needs to be done to test a few other brands) but the possibilities of this are amazing.

As far as I know, most of the system layers that I'm wearing (which have been baked onto my mesh body and head) are not available anymore.

More info about Bakes on Mesh can be found here at Strawberry Singh's blog.

Mesh items worn:

Head: Catwa - Skell*
Body: Slink - Physique Male
Hair: Bad Hair Day - Noor*
Jacket: RIOT - Spiked Leather Jacket (cocoa)
Tank: RIOT - Rebel Tank (cocoa)

Appliers worn:

Eye appliers: Avi-Glam - Elysian Eyes (nut)

System layers worn:

Skin: Tableau Vivant - Hybrid Skin (Christmas 2012 gift)
Eye makeup base layer: Mock - Party All Night/Indifference (desert sand)
Eye makeup layer top: Beautiful Freak - Circuit Eye Makeup* (copper)
Lipstick: Beautiful Freak - Circuit Lipstick* (copper)
Tattoo: Fallen Gods - Circuit* (tintable)

*review copy

• Like 11

And yet another shape I made..well, this is an older shape I started but never finished, and now it's gonna be up on MP soon-ish. I kinda go in fits of work then lots of time of nothing..  sometimes I just can't be bothered lolol. But anyway, I am wondering what to call the shape..thought of Anja, anyone else have any other ideas? 

Anja shape final portrait .png

• Like 9