How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Keeping on the theme of guitars -- BUT WITH A PICTURE! -- @taisiyakarpenko sent me a present! A pink paisley Telecaster!

Thank you, Taya!

Paisley-Guitar-(Watercolour)-Blank.thumb.png.2b6c3bbbace19c1ff6b2cd8153f52074.png

At one show, Townshend and Entwistle decided to spontaneously stop playing to hear Moon's drum solo. Moon stopped too, shouting "Drum solos are boring!"

I totally agree with Keith Moon's take on this. I've never played a solo, and I wouldn't have wanted to, in the days I played with a band. Drums are to support and complement the other instruments. And the music as a whole Not to be a lead instrument. IMHO anyways. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bagnu said:

At one show, Townshend and Entwistle decided to spontaneously stop playing to hear Moon's drum solo. Moon stopped too, shouting "Drum solos are boring!"

I totally agree with Keith Moon's take on this. I've never played a solo, and I wouldn't have wanted to, in the days I played with a band. Drums are to support and complement the other instruments. And the music as a whole Not to be a lead instrument. IMHO anyways. 

I'm actually not big on any instrument soloing too much. Even jazz solos can get dull, and I'm really not into the whole "guitar god playing a thousand notes a minute" thing. There are some really great guitarists playing now, but the best, to my mind -- like St. Vincent -- show their versatility by creating complex and nuanced soundscapes, and not screeching guitar solos.

My favourite guitarists actually provide "colour," rather than dominating the songs they play.

• Like 5

Geek nook at home

Having myself a cozy winter vibe!

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm actually not big on any instrument soloing too much. Even jazz solos can get dull, and I'm really not into the whole "guitar god playing a thousand notes a minute" thing. There are some really great guitarists playing now, but the best, to my mind -- like St. Vincent -- show their versatility by creating complex and nuanced soundscapes, and not screeching guitar solos.

My favourite guitarists actually provide "colour," rather than dominating the songs they play.

I have to agree. I grew up in the late 80s/early 90s, and I was very much into heavy metal. Naturally I loved the solos, and couldn't get enough. From 18 - 21, the faster and flashier, the better! Having said that, as I've grown older, I find that less is more. Give me a catchy bit I can hum.

16 hours ago, Orwar said:

An airport owner told Mina that if she landed her helicopter smoothly on a helipad on top of an office building, she'd get a treat ..

2db2b66bc34bd28d843e19b66727beb9.gif

.. Treat secured! 

Yay for treat! =D

• Like 17

I've been on a bit of a mission for one of my friends to try and see how good an AV can look if it's all from free things. I was a bit surprised at how good of an AV look is possible. Genus has a free head. The Lucy body is decent, and is compatible with Maitreya clothes. The Free Dove has a lot of nice things. I came up with this AV.  The collar is the only part that isn't free. 

SXXToy2_cropped lensflare 3 good adjusted Swallow 2.png

• Like 15