How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

19 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So I've started a new series of pics. In part they're a bit therapeutic: my last run of photos was difficult, and a bit emotionally harrowing, so I need to detoxify a bit with something fun and relatively easy.

But I'm also interested in exploring something I've said here before: that we say a lot about ourselves by how we represent. So, I want to do a bunch of "candid" pics that I'm calling "Intimacies" that will kinda sorta try to communicate something about myself. Or, because they are of course highly contrived and posed, something about how I think of myself.

Or even more accurately, maybe something about how I want to be "seen." Which, after all, does tell you something about me, even if these are highly idealized versions of "me."

Ok, so yes, one thing about me is that I over-complicate stuff. Here's a pic of me with a guitar. I love my RL guitars. There, you've learned something about me.

Guitar-(SM2)-Blank.thumb.png.8d80316c5b56803c073347fc7080fb10.png

Nice! I have a few myself, mostly electric but I have a few acoustics too. 

• Like 4

Just now, JeromFranzic said:

Nice! I have a few myself, mostly electric but I have a few acoustics too. 

I just have the one electric -- a Strat. I'd actually love a Tele, and maybe a Les Paul, but that seems silly.

I'm a bit embarrassed by the number of acoustics I own.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I just have the one electric -- a Strat. I'd actually love a Tele, and maybe a Les Paul, but that seems silly.

I'm a bit embarrassed by the number of acoustics I own.

It's best to own the guitars that suit your style. As it is I want more acoustics as I'm delving more into acoustic artists these days. I still love blasting my amps but I also crave more dynamic, subtle things that acoustics are perfect for. That's all for now.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Wiccan Wyszniak said:

I have several 'looks' depending on what mood I am in.  I can be 'normal', but I'm not so it's not often. Certain things make me feel like my avi is naked without it lol. The first is me as MY normal as Kitsune... and the second is me, draconic, and last is about as 'normal' as I get. LOL

Kitsune.jpg

6be74e68cb49240408b76f4fe45fa926.png

53c686b361019207e534d6cccadb815e.png

The last photo is striking to me. Resembles someone I know IRL through my RL facebook. Hmm... 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, JeromFranzic said:

It's best to own the guitars that suit your style. As it is I want more acoustics as I'm delving more into acoustic artists these days. I still love blasting my amps but I also crave more dynamic, subtle things that acoustics are perfect for. That's all for now.

I never could learn to play guitar. I couldn't finger the cords properly. So I stuck with with the drums. I've had the same set of Tamas for Lord knows how many years!!!

• Like 4

An airport owner told Mina that if she landed her helicopter smoothly on a helipad on top of an office building, she'd get a treat ..

2db2b66bc34bd28d843e19b66727beb9.gif

.. Treat secured! 

• Like 19