How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

25 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I mostly only skim the thread these days, but do posters really have to worry about rough comments on their pictures these days?

I thought this thread was really just about folks showing off their avatars, rather than folks getting critiqued for their photography skills.

I must remember to use smileys! 😙 I am not afraid, I try to make a (bad) joke. But without a smiley it looks so serious. ;) And I like to hear what people say, so go hard on me! 😈

😄

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Splish splash. 

Be gentle with me, I don't have Photoshop. I am never sure if I do the water right.

52 Weeks of Color Challenge - Orange

Oh knickers, be gentle with you indeed. That, in my book, is absolute perfection. I want it on a canvas on a wall in my real life home. 

I'm rubbish at remembering to use smileys/emojis, so often think I come across as stern when I'm really impressed or happy or ... everything I am feeling right now looking at this picture. 

🧜‍♀️👍🥰

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I mostly only skim the thread these days, but do posters really have to worry about rough comments on their pictures these days?

I thought this thread was really just about folks showing off their avatars, rather than folks getting critiqued for their photography skills.

Hi LittleMe! :) The short answer is yes. The long answer is that some of us as human beings can get a little self conscious about what they do or say in life, and in this case post pictures therein. I know for a fact that Marianne is not self conscious about posting her fantastic picture, and so she just made a joke. Never the less, some people do (like me sometimes), because at the end of the day, even on these forms or just playing SL, we are Human Beings. With all the issues therein, good or bad. We are Human... Period. And that sums it up fairly good in my mind (though overall I find you good people to be respectful, kind, supportive, and out right caring about your fellow SL'ers).

And Marigold, do you see where he is looking? My glasses would fog up too, and I am not even in the picture lol... And Nick, very good picture once again man (and not just because of the... tats either 😋)... 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

To add to the "likes" conversation, sometimes it even comes down to when and where you post. If you manage to get your post at the top of a page and its a bit of a slower day, those posts tend to see more likes as it will usually be first image the reader sees if they click the most recent page. But when the the thread gets busy, it's much easier to miss pictures. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Splish splash. 

Be gentle with me, I don't have Photoshop. I am never sure if I do the water right.

52 Weeks of Color Challenge - Orange

I just love this pic!!! Great job!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I haven't seen any rough comments. Everyone is really supportive!!!

• Like 6

On 11/7/2021 at 8:56 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Which is to say . . . adorable? 🙂

Aww shucks, thanks!  The new Kalhene head helps a lot in transitioning easily to mesh.  Finding updated clothes was somewhat challenging because the old creators didn't move on to mesh clothes, but I managed to make do with what I could find.

hpr4wNV.jpg

• Like 20

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Many Scylla. Much me.

(If this doesn't give you nightmares, then you're probably pretty impervious to fear.)

Chronology

I love this! Fascinating on many levels. My eye moves from right to left....from darkness to light. The middle figure awakening. At least that's my experience of this wonderful work.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1