How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

Ok hi folks, or Dracula would say "Good Evening"... 😋

Well after a considerable length of time, and trying out things, I do believe that I have a Avatar that I am actually pleased with overall (and hopefully you all won't laugh at too much, like I did with my first "basic" one lol). I was advised to post him here so I could get your take on him, so without further adu, I present you all with BjorJlen... 😁

4c7b02e75d2283b6de095a4751d7f1e9.jpg

9b39b82291541c6932c2b4141c34306c.jpg

And for Halloween...

910b65c542b48ccc8b5f3a09d54c41fb.jpg

And I even got the violet eyes I wanted too I hope you can see them)... :)

7ba719211c8a02b18640f5b88c16dee4.jpg

I didn't have any poses as of yet, nor did I really know of anyplace "artistic" enough to take these pictures in like I really wanted to, but I hope you all like them and him just the same. He's no where near the quality, or art like design as some of your avatar's (or pictures) are, but at least I won't embarrass you if I stand next to you now (I pray anyways lol).
   And I would like to personally thank @Rowan Amore, @Lillith Hapmouche, and @Nick0678 for their advice, and assistance in this project of mine, but especially @Marianne Little & @Echelon Alcott for there heavy involvement in helping me create Bjor BIG time. Echelon even took the time to contact me in game and answer all my questions, live and in person, and even had the heart to show me around some of the great stores in SL so I could check out things like wings and animations.
   Without any of these great people, I wouldn't have been able to create Bjor even this good (though he's still not complete yet imho), and I want to thank them all from the bottom of my heart. As Echelon said, I would have gotten here eventually, but with all of these folks help (especially Marianne & Echelon), it would have been a lot later then sooner. lol So... what do you all think? Is he "passable"? good or nice looking?
   And would any of you do a double take to check him out if he passed you by in the store (even if its just to throw eggs at him lol. It IS Halloween after all lol)? In either case, you all have a good one, thank you for your time, and as always...

Peace...

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BjorJlen said:

Well after a considerable length of time, and trying out things, I do believe that I have a Avatar that I am actually pleased with overall (and hopefully you all won't laugh at too much, like I did with my first "basic" one lol). I was advised to post him here so I could get your take on him, so without further adu, I present you all with BjorJlen... 😁

And for Halloween...

I didn't have any poses as of yet, nor did I really know of anyplace "artistic" enough to take these pictures in like I really wanted to, but I hope you all like them and him just the same. He's no where near the quality, or art like design as some of your avatar's (or pictures) are, but at least I won't embarrass you if I stand next to you now (I pray anyways lol).
   And I would like to personally thank @Rowan Amore, @Lillith Hapmouche, and @Nick0678 for their advice, and assistance in this project of mine, but especially @Marianne Little & @Echelon Alcott for there heavy involvement in helping me create Bjor BIG time. Echelon even took the time to contact me in game and answer all my questions, live and in person, and even had the heart to show me around some of the great stores in SL so I could check out things like wings and animations.
   Without any of these great people, I wouldn't have been able to create Bjor even this good (though he's still not complete yet imho), and I want to thank them all from the bottom of my heart. As Echelon said, I would have gotten here eventually, but with all of these folks help (especially Marianne & Echelon), it would have been a lot later then sooner. lol So... what do you all think? Is he "passable"? good or nice looking?
   And would any of you do a double take to check him out if he passed you by in the store (even if its just to throw eggs at him lol. It IS Halloween after all lol)? In either case, you all have a good one, thank you for your time, and as always...

Peace...

Are you Zeus? Cuz you've left me thunderstruck!! xD

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

😁 Why thank you for the very kind complement @xLunaea. I (he) may not be Zeus at all, but I was looking at Thor's hammer (Mjolnir) today for S&G's. However you did give me a idea; if I could find me the right kind of white Greek toga, with a cape, I just might be tempted to buy it. But it would have to be good, so where to find one... where to find one... hmmm...

Peace...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, BjorJlen said:

Nice looking avatar. You've done well regardless of being a new or experienced resident.

If proportions are important to you, then you'll need to work on the shape from waist down. I suggest you spend some time looking at men's fashion magazines. Then look at this image. The differences will hopefully stand out for you.

Also, get the DaVinci model of the man in a circle and overlay it in an editor where you can adjust the transparency. That will allow you to see both images overlaid.

The idea with proportions is to get a shape near what is real. This is SL so that isn't always necessary. Having what pleases you is the primary goal.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BjorJlen said:

And for Halloween...

Peace...

When I was fairly new in SL, I wanted to look good.  I spent what seemed like a lot of money on a nice skin, tried it with many shapes and different hair styles -- this was 2008 or 2009, so none of it was up to the standards of today. In any case, though, I thought I looked pretty good.

Then one night I was in a store, this huge lingerie store, and a handful of models suddenly appeared. They were super nice, and wanted to chat. I was awestruck at how incredibly beautiful they were.

One of them showed me a picture of her avi from a year earlier. It was surprising. She still looked amazing, but not a great as the avatar standing in front of me. "It's all from tiny tweaks, every day," she said.

I told an SL friend of mine about my encounter, and she said, "Do you know what the difference is between us and those models? They are always trying to look better, to improve their look."

Certainly it's easier for a female avatar in SL: there is a lot more to work with, so many more resources. Still, I doubt that ANYONE who posts in this thread started out looking fabulous. Whatever look you're aiming for, it can be done.

Be patient with yourself. Always make a backup, and spend some time effing around with sliders, skins, clothes, hair, whatever you feel could look even *slightly* closer to your vision.

Good luck and keep us posted.

• Like 10