Jump to content

How does your avatar look today ?


Nostoll

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Orwar said:

   No, the moderators have been pretty clear in the past - doesn't matter if you've shot it in high-contrast B&W with artistic lighting; if there be nipples, side-boobage, too much butt (don't know how much is 'too much' though), genitalia, heavy petting, etc, it's a no-no.

   I hardly think nude virtual selfies can be compared to renaissance frescoes. 

Relative artistic merit is irrelevant to my point, actually. I was simply pointing out that nudity and pornography are different. Opinions do tend to vary over time though. Michelangelo's frescoes in the Sistine chapel were considered pornographic by some at the time.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I was simply pointing out that nudity and pornography are different. Opinions do tend to vary over time though.

   I never claimed otherwise. But the rules don't say 'no pornography', they say 'no nudity'.

6 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Michelangelo's frescoes in the Sistine chapel were considered pornographic by some at the time.

   Again, you can't seriously compare anyone's work here with that of Michelangelo. And it's not about what you or I think, it's about what rules Linden Lab have written and enforce on their platform. They could write 'no hedgehogs' into the rules if they wanted to, neither your or my opinion on that would matter a squat. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Orwar said:

   I never claimed otherwise. But the rules don't say 'no pornography', they say 'no nudity'.

   Again, you can't seriously compare anyone's work here with that of Michelangelo. And it's not about what you or I think, it's about what rules Linden Lab have written and enforce on their platform. They could write 'no hedgehogs' into the rules if they wanted to, neither your or my opinion on that would matter a squat. 

I'm totally agreeing with you. And I wasn't comparing anyone's work to anyone else's. Media art can't match the handiwork of the Masters to begin with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Orwar said:

They could write 'no hedgehogs' into the rules if they wanted to, neither your or my opinion on that would matter a squat. 

But hedgehogs are cute.  The pics being debated...are not.

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BiliEyelash said:

I know who said it, and who you were replying to. I just want to make it clear that I do not share his opinions. 

And the fact you didn't address the irony of your "people jump in and make comments" when you in fact jumped in and made a comment on something that was not addressed to you is not lost here.  

I do not care if you and he share opinions, art galleries, partnerships, sims etc and I doubt anyone else does either.  We were all done with the Talli-Bagnu Show a long time ago and are not interested in a reboot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

"people jump in and make comments"

 

We were all done with the Talli-Bagnu Show a long time ago and are not interested in a reboot.

My comment about people jumping was about people who claim to hate drama, yet can't resist commenting, and this perpetuating it. I never claimed to hate drama.

 

I am over that show too, he just needs to stay away from any conversation or anything else I am a part of. Of course he never has listened to anything I or anyone else has said. This all started because of pictures I posted, it has nothing to do with him, and I never drug him into it, nor would I.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

 

Accidental double post. It just happened automatically and I don't know why.

Edited by Bagnu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't ppl just shut the hell up, pack it in and leave this thread to it' s intended purpose before moderators actually come in and close it ?

 

Of course you can' t ... :|

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hanjo Harvey said:

Sorry for the double post. How do I delete the second post? 😕

 

Edit your post and delete the pic, or add another one. It's been doing that this morning. You can't delete the full post.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My second pic is just filler, because I had a double post. I took it at the same location as the first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BiliEyelash said:

pictures showing nudes with none of the bits covered have been posted here many times before

Pictures of the bits actually showing have never survived.

Nudes that have carefully covered or blurred the bits have survived.

Nudes showing the butt have had mixed results.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TDD123 said:

Can't ppl just shut the hell up, pack it in and leave this thread to it' s intended purpose

Discussions of what type of pictures can and cannot be posted are actually relevant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My second pic is just filler, because I had a double post. I took it at the same location as the first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Pictures of the bits actually showing have never survived.

Nudes that have carefully covered or blurred the bits have survived.

Nudes showing the butt have had mixed results.

I know this, I did not mean to post what I did, sometimes when I get worked up my brain switches gear mid sentence. It should have been all bits covered or no bits showing, but I seem to have gotten mixed up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

If I saw the right photo in this topic, yes there is nudity cleverly covered by flowers and grass. Not porn but also against the TOS for this forum BUT unless LL ranks it all the complaining and debating at this point just becomes needless drama. I'm guessing no one has reported it , because I posted boobs with nipple covers and it was pulled in a day. This specific thread is not called Debate the photo, it's called how does your avatar look today. Yanno, for fun and entertainment not drama filled debating. BUT carry on.

Edited by colleen Criss
misspelling.
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, colleen Criss said:

If I saw the right photo in this topic, yes there is nudity cleverly covered by flowers and grass. Not porn but also against the TOS for this forum BUT unless LL ranks it all the complaining and debating at this point just becomes needless drama. I'm guessing no one has reported it , because I posted boobs with nipple covers and it was pulled in a day. This specific thread is not called Debate the photo, it's called how does your avatar look today. Yanno, for fun and entertainment not drama filled debating. BUT carry on.

I totally agree.  However, posting the pic without the narrative would have been more appropriate.  That, and that alone in my opinion, is what sparked the debate.  Not in the least surprised as despite protestations, some things are done specifically to get attention.  Again, IMO.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...