How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

YayNewSuit.thumb.png.3e961c907e6eea6067d5b44488ae48ef.png

I saw this outfit at Dope + Mercy and was disappointed that it's only rigged for Jake.  But I wanted it bad enough that I took a crash course in making alpha layers with Youtube.  After many hours of watching videos and figuring out what went wrong with the first 15 Photoshop failures, I finally made my first successful alpha. Praise be to local texture tests.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 17

9 hours ago, gensaku said:

So, I went shopping and plan on starting to blog. Any advices are welcome.

patinshello2.png

When I started blogging I talked with Hamlet, New World Notes. His suggestions were to make posts about 500 words max, always have an image in the post, and post at least every day. I found that if the post was interesting length wasn't that important. But  less than 500 words was a good goal. Those basic suggestions got me to over 3,000 unique viewers per day.

After a few years it started to become work, less fun. When I backed off posting everyday I started enjoying SL more but then viewership decreased. Now I'll post one article per week... or less. Viewers are 200 to 400 per day. I think consistency in posting is about the most important for building viewership.

Your image has a definite look... nice.

Cancel Culture is taking hold in America. So, decide up front whether you'll be PC and subservient to the Leftists or not. Remember. A majority of SL residents are very Left leaning... PC and intolerant.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
  • Like 4

In my neck of the woods we're experiencing a bit of "real" winter but that won't stop me from strutting around in a pair of swimming briefs (a.k.a. budgie smugglers) in Second Life. After all, there are more beaches in this virtual world than we know what to do with.

Midwinter-summers-dream 2

• Like 17

10 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

When I started blogging I talked with Hamlet, New World Notes. His suggestions were to make posts about 500 words max, always have an image in the post, and post at least every day. I found that if the post was interesting length wasn't that important. But  less than 500 words was a good goal. Those basic suggestions got me to over 3,000 unique viewers per day.

After a few years it started to become work, less fun. When I backed off posting everyday I started enjoying SL more but then viewership decreased. Now I'll post one article per week... or less. Viewers are 200 to 400 per day. I think consistency in posting is about the most important for building viewership.

Your image has a definite look... nice.

Cancel Culture is taking hold in America. So, decide up front whether you'll be PC and subservient to the Leftists or not. Remember. A majority of SL residents are very Left leaning... PC and intolerant.

Thank you. I think I can't write that many words without mistakes (unless if I write in my 1st language, but SL is not popular here). But I'll try to male it longer.