How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

6 hours ago, Donovan Michalski said:

So the last suit I picked up was a much older mesh creation and just didn't hold up by today's standards.  I don't go to "formal" places enough to warrant spending a LOT of money on one, otherwise I'd probably have overspent at Deadwool.  xD

But this preconfigured outfit from Fashionnatic was only 280L, and even though it's just standard sizing it works fine for me

Deadwool is so worth it, even if you're not going full-formal. Actually, what I consider 'formal' is a tuxedo - or at the very least Black Tie - whereas Deadwool's suits are just excellent daily tailoring. Regardless, FashionNatic have some fantastic stuff and at really great prices.

I'll tip you and the other guys in this thread off regarding another great store that I recently discovered: ROC. They have male footwear from 99L per pair, and it all looks good quality.

6 hours ago, Donovan Michalski said:

DID YOU EVER KNOW THAT YOU'RE MY HEROOOO

AND EVERYTHING I WOULD LIKE TO BEEEE

LOL! Now you've done it. I'll call you 'Bette' from now on ;)

I just logged on to a notice that one of my oldest favourite stores - A:S:S - is closing down. A:S:S was the alternative store for freaky boys back in the day, and Pho Vinternatt was the first creator who sent me things for my (then Flickr-only) fashion pics, along with a bunch of other people whom he considered either friends or those whose work he enjoyed. I've never forgotten that kindness. He's starting a new, smaller brand, called Vinternatt, so I'll be following his work there.

Just four of my many old androgynous looks made possible in some way or another by A:S:S -

androgyne.thumb.jpg.5afca81d92b006eb37070f29c07cc8a0.jpg

And A:S:S also made what are still my favourite mesh apron-n-strap punk pants in SL  -

punk_pants.jpg.9ecf8dc2cdbb463d7d7a9ad474ceee99.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Deadwool is so worth it, even if you're not going full-formal. 

I'll tip you and the other guys in this thread off regarding another great store that I recently discovered: ROC. They have male footwear from 99L per pair, and it all looks good quality.

My winter coat that I posted a few pages back was actually from Deadwool.  It's definitely a nice place.

Also, all my current shoes are from ROC.  Hard to beat the price/quality combo.  I just took a friend there earlier today.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

I just logged on to a notice that one of my oldest favourite stores - A:S:S - is closing down. A:S:S was the alternative store for freaky boys back in the day, and Pho Vinternatt was the first creator who sent me things for my (then Flickr-only) fashion pics, along with a bunch of other people whom he considered either friends or those whose work he enjoyed. I've never forgotten that kindness. He's starting a new, smaller brand, called Vinternatt, so I'll be following his work there.

I loved hitting his stop whenever he was in a hunt. I think my first SL tattoo and one of my favorites was from there and may be the one you're wearing, the all over body writing. When we came back after our long hiatus I was hoping he had made appliers for it but I don't think he did. I'm anxious to see this new brand.

Edited by Clover Jinx
  • Like 1

Clover, I suspect that - given his more recent (if sporadic) output - he'll probably be switching to female fashion, since - apart from the nail appliers (of which he was incredibly generous to his bloggers; my entire nail applier folder is hundreds deep, and about 70% are from him) - he mainly sent out ladieswear. I hope he still offers stuff for us guys with the new brand, but to be honest, I'm not holding my breath :/

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Clover, I suspect that - given his more recent (if sporadic) output - he'll probably be switching to female fashion, since - apart from the nail appliers (of which he was incredibly generous to his bloggers; my entire nail applier folder is hundreds deep, and about 70% are from him) - he mainly sent out ladieswear. I hope he still offers stuff for us guys with the new brand, but to be honest, I'm not holding my breath :/

I sadly had to move away from his nail appliers as they were either Slink or Omega. I would rather see creators scale back or re-brand than leave SL altogether even if what they are doing is not my style. It's tough when they go in a completely different direction and we are unable to follow them.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

I sadly had to move away from his nail appliers as they were either Slink or Omega. I would rather see creators scale back or re-brand than leave SL altogether even if what they are doing is not my style. It's tough when they go in a completely different direction and we are unable to follow them.

In my case, I'll mainly be sad if he does switch to female stuff, purely because he was one of the very, very few male stores that actually sold androgynous items. It's difficult enough to find them as it is now (and most of them create for the more bishonen 'boi' avatars, which is not a direction I intend to take Skell in) so losing one of those rare creators to an already-saturated female clothing and accessory market will hit the genderqueer and androgyne community pretty hard. :/

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Today's mood? Bookish ;)

26624471629_3906cfb7dd_b.jpg

Credits

Ascend and Stray Dog for Man Cave, ::K:: and Kokoia for The Mens Dept, plus a new mainstore release from Exile, which is a female style but fits male heads nicely.

Jacket: Kitt Ragu for ::K:: - Levi Hacking Jacket (herringbone tweed - black)
Pants: Cold Ash - Dean Chinos (black)
Hair: Exile - Autumn Breeze*
Gloves: Ascend - Trevor Bento Gloves (Slink & Signature, Jake to follow)
Glasses: Cubic Cherry - Jamison Glasses
Piercings: Artificial Hallucination - Casual Goth Bento Piercings
Skin applier: Stray Dog - Franceso (tone 04)
Eye appliers: Avi-Glam - Vivid Eyes (summer)
Eyeshadow applier: Clef de Peau - Urban makeup (Omega)
Head: Catwa - Daniel (Bento)
Pose: Diesel Works

*review copy

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Today's mood? Bookish ;)

26624471629_3906cfb7dd_b.jpg

Credits

Ascend and Stray Dog for Man Cave, ::K:: and Kokoia for The Mens Dept, plus a new mainstore release from Exile, which is a female style but fits male heads nicely.

Jacket: Kitt Ragu for ::K:: - Levi Hacking Jacket (herringbone tweed - black)
Pants: Cold Ash - Dean Chinos (black)
Hair: Exile - Autumn Breeze*
Gloves: Ascend - Trevor Bento Gloves (Slink & Signature, Jake to follow)
Glasses: Cubic Cherry - Jamison Glasses
Piercings: Artificial Hallucination - Casual Goth Bento Piercings
Skin applier: Stray Dog - Franceso (tone 04)
Eye appliers: Avi-Glam - Vivid Eyes (summer)
Eyeshadow applier: Clef de Peau - Urban makeup (Omega)
Head: Catwa - Daniel (Bento)
Pose: Diesel Works

*review copy

I found my study buddy!

Hey, is Diesel Works still making poses? Or are you inventory diving?

Edited by Clover Jinx
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Deadwool is so worth it, even if you're not going full-formal. Actually, what I consider 'formal' is a tuxedo - or at the very least Black Tie - whereas Deadwool's suits are just excellent daily tailoring. Regardless, FashionNatic have some fantastic stuff and at really great prices.

LOL! Now you've done it. I'll call you 'Bette' from now on ;)

Just four of my many old androgynous looks made possible in some way or another by A:S:S -

androgyne.thumb.jpg.5afca81d92b006eb37070f29c07cc8a0.jpg

And A:S:S also made what are still my favourite mesh apron-n-strap punk pants in SL  -

punk_pants.jpg.9ecf8dc2cdbb463d7d7a9ad474ceee99.jpg

Nice boots!

• Like 2