How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

33 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Let me explain this to you. At first, like many others, I thought she was just trolling or something. After all, these things happen on a forum. She made an empty post, then quoted her own empty post, etc. Then it was @LittleMe Jewell who first alerted me to the possibility we, aka me, might be judging her too fast, and I backed off. And she was more right than I imagined even. Here's what BeautifulXu  said about herself, a bit later:

her own words

That should say it all. At least to me, it was a stark reminder there's almost always more than meets the eye. Beth recently said something about ppl maybe having brain damage (not related to BeautifulXu, btw), and that we rarely, if ever, know their true situation from the way they're posting. Reading BeautifulXu's own words, at least she says she was in the hospital, and she seems to have experienced memory loss, near as I can tell. It doesn't matter, I don't need to know. What I do know, is that she, thru her many posts here, expressed a persistent desire to be part of this community. And, as far as I'm concerned, she is very welcome here, in whatever capacity she is fit. Period.

👏👏👏

• Like 3

Just now, BeautifulXu said:

I want to thank everyone who read and responded to my posts! I've made a lot of progress and  will be get better and better as I go on. now the next hard part---making clothes or combing pictues in the posts. 

combining

• Like 2

On 8/23/2019 at 5:58 PM, Dakota Linden said:

Greetings all!

Just a friendly reminder that threads that go too far Off Topic will end up getting closed. 

Since this thread is currently at 870+ pages, I would really hate to see that happen, so please restrict off topic comments to private messages, or another thread, if you believe it is a topic worth discussing. 

Found it. It's been another 500 pages since, but still the issue remains ... 

Just a head's up for those who think that their 'freedom of speech' kind of entitled, mindless blurting is above the forum's rules and the forum moderator's instructions; this thread, which is supposed to be about sharing our avatars' appearance and fashion, of our passion for photography and playing around with the incredible tools available in Second Life to produce photos through which we can express ourselves - it's gotten to a point where some of us are wanting to simply start a new thread to get away from it, some of us are straight up considering to call for a 'vanity strike', others still just quietly leave or minimize their attendance.

I considered starting pinging the Lindens the other day, but because I remembered what Dakota had written back then, I didn't want to jeopardize the thread ending up closed, but since some people, who do little to contribute on the topic itself and a whole lot to bash people who just want a space to share their pictures, I'm thinking it might be for the better to summon the attention of she-whose-name-kind-of-frightens-me (just kidding @Dakota Linden, luff you!) and ask for her arbitration on the matter.

But because it has been 10 months and some 12,500 posts since, here's a recap of what I perceive to be derailing this thread:

• Multiple re-posts through several people quoting a post containing one or more images.
  • People trying to 'analyse' (*cough*project*cough*) ideas, politics, or other stuff from people's pictures.
  • Starting to bicker when people ask you to stop quoting them, or 'defending' people who get told that their re-posting isn't appreciated.

There were no 'rules' for the thread posted in the original post, the purpose of the thread is in its entirety described in the name of the thread; 'How does your avatar look today?', and it allows us glimpses into the Second Lives of others, doing things we might not have thought to do ourselves, wearing things we might not have thought to wear ourselves, it inspires us to explore and try new things, whether it's someone sailing or visiting a cool-looking sim - and asking 'what is that place' or 'where did you find that amazing shirt' isn't what's disruptive (although strictly speaking, one could just as well send a PM to ask, unless one thinks the answer might be of interest to others), but it's when a small clique of people re-post almost every picture of another clique to praise them, and meet any opposition to this behavior with outright hostility and name-calling. 

I'm not going to respond again here to bicker and argue with those who disagree, but I will encourage and support anyone who's just in it for the pictures to find a different venue to share and view those pictures if this place can't be that place, whether it's through @Saravendi's new thread where she has explicitly stated those rules, or whether we'll have to take it off the forums altogether and find alternatives.

Even when I write these posts I do tend to try to include a selfie if just to somehow kind of sort of stay on topic . . . But alas, it's Tuesday, and the Safe Hub isn't the most pleasant place to try taking a picture or try to pick out an outfit at . . . Also I just got the '-200' error when trying to upload an earlier shot. So. Here's a gif I made yesterday instead.

c3bfcbd506892b992b83dc188285cac1.gif

. . . It needs a bit of work. But. Hai!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1