How does your avatar look today ?

As some of you know; I got married again yesterday (I'm in triad relationship, it works, the 3 of us are very happy together) and made Sneak my wife not just my girlfriend and she now sits proudly in my partner box which is really for me a big deal as first person I had in that box since my ex husband Master left SL for RL reasons and other reasons disclosed privately to me 6 years; so yes been in other relationships but nothing has amazing and as special as this triad relationship. :) 

Anyways enough rambling from me, here is the pictures of two brides so presenting Mrs Sneak Stormdragon and Mrs Seren Stormdragon.

Sneak & Seren; Just Married.png

Presenting Mrs & Mrs Stormdragon.png

• Like 24
  • Replies 35.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my current avatar. She's an Usagi Child ^.^  

i was wondering around a SIM one day, and some dude private messaged me tellin' me he loved my look... he was very polite and kind, asked me to stop running and turn my AO off for him, so i did... the

I find it very entertaining to switch my looks according to my mood. I woke up one day and decided to change my shape into a more petite and "model" look.   Before (with Genesis Lab bento head):

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

i am disrupting the thread? really who made you the one one who says what is right? 

The same could be asked of you, of course. :)

There are those, like yours truly, who love to comment on a photo. For support, really, and encouragement, but mainly because I love expressing what I like about it. I don't do negative comments. And the ppl I have left a comment for, I haven't had complaints yet.

See, I think there's a huge difference between derailing what is essentially a photo thread, with politics, or otherwise totally off-topic stuff, and commenting on a photo -- the latter of which is totally on-topic. And, lest there was unclarity, the topic starter never stated a 'Photos only' policy. Obviously, the idea was to show how one's avatar looks; but there's no law says ppl can't be commenting on those pictures.

And with 'commenting' I mean including quoting the picture as well. For instance, I could just say 'Nice picture, Laika!' But, whilst you yourself may then have a vague inkling as to which one I am referring to, most ppl won't. In fact, a cogent case could be made, arguing a single 'Nice picture, Laika!', with no context (aka picture), is far more spammy than just including the photo. And getting shoo-ed off to Flickr, sorry, but yeah, that doesn't work for me.

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Orwar said:

This isn't about a personal dispute, it's about this thread being derailed and made unwelcoming because people spam it with reposts - something which moderators in the past has posted in this thread to say should be avoided, and pointed out that doing so may lead to the thread being locked. I for one think it would be a darned shame if this thread got locked after how much has gone into it, because of a few people who has no respect for the rules and no respect for the people around them.

It's actualy ppl like you who constantly make ppl feel unwelcome (like me). ''Respect for the people around them." includes swallowing your own narrow views on how you would like the flow of this thread to go, instead of passive-aggressively attacking ppl for doing things differently, at every turn you get. 

With that said, I'm going to ask @Kristen Linden for an official ruling. Because I'm tired of the BS. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
39 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

And getting shoo-ed off to Flickr, sorry, but yeah, that doesn't work for me.

Just to make things clear, Kiramanell, I never shoo-ed anyone off to FLICKR.  I made the suggestion to Laika because you can go through a lot of avatar art photos without any comments and it's a nice experience on FLICKR (secondlifeoffical FLICKR) and it's relaxing.  

No one has to take my advice but people should check it out sometime - the official Second Life photography group on FLICKR.

I also said make a compromise and start a photos only/no comments photo thread here on the forum...just be sure to spell out the no comments part in the title otherwise people may not see it's a no comment photo thread.  

Just wanted to make clear what I said here.  

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Moira Timmerman said:

I think people should be able to voice a frustration without everyone else jumping in or on with their viewpoints.

And, likewise, I think people should be able to voice a frustration about others constantly judging other posters in this thread. Personally, I'm sick and tired of this small clique, constantly seeking the opportunity to judge other ppl. Take this, for instance, posted by Laika: "I am polite I asked you nicely to stop commenting stupid stuff so did other people." 'Stupid stuff?!' That's where we're at now?! That is neither polite, nor supportive. It's just outright mean. And I'm sorry, we can't all be Scylla, and write beautiful prose. People just give what they have.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Just to make things clear, Kiramanell, I never shoo-ed anyone off to FLICKR.  I made the suggestion to Laika because you can go through a lot of avatar art photos without any comments and it's a nice experience on FLICKR (secondlifeoffical FLICKR) and it's relaxing.  

No one has to take my advice but people should check it out sometime - the official Second Life photography group on FLICKR.

I also said make a compromise and start a photos only/no comments photo thread here on the forum...just be sure to spell out the no comments part in the title otherwise people may not see it's a no comment photo thread.  

Just wanted to make clear what I said here.  

I wasn't talking about you, Fairre. :) I was referring to Orwar's comment to me, to be precise. And I like your recent participation in this thread, and your works.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

oh so its my fault great you all get on with it am so done

no it's not your fault, but there are a few people around that look innocent but try to kill others with warm blankets  :), put them on ignore and forum life gets a lot better.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
Why so Serious

𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉’𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝒶𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓀𝒾𝒹, 𝒹𝑜𝓃’𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓌𝓃𝓈?

• Like 26
  • Haha 1