How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

1 hour ago, Asher Isodo said:

I have to admit.  I love these pictures.  I can't make anything I take in SL look near as good as yall do.  I don't know what you do but they all look amazing!

Make sure you have high-resolution images checked in your viewer, familiarise yourself with the camera controls, use an eye direction HUD (most mesh heads have one included, or you can pick up the free AnyPose Expression HUD from marketplace) so you can angle your eyes directly at the camera (or away from it; try lots of different directions for different moods), and move around getting as many angles as you can. And, as Vin suggested, play around with Windlight settings. I usually end up taking many more pics than I eventually use, so I can pick and choose the best ones. (Caveat: I also post-process mine with a few filter settings in my image editor of choice.)

My LotD for tonight:

38172986361_ff58e0aa00_b.jpg

Detail view:

37462852734_5e5bc4bf24_b.jpg

Credits

Jacket: Fashionnatic - Major Male Jacket
Pants appliers: Sn@tch - City Lights Leather Pants (Omega)
Boots: Fashionnatic - Sinder Boots
Glasses: ZOOM - Wlou Glasses
Gloves: L'Emporio - Fingerless Gloves (Slink Dynamic male)
Ears: Swallow - Darkness Ears
Piercings: RealEvil - Rebel Face Piercings R2
Hair: Stealthic - Rebellion
Skin applier: Tableau Vivant - Mort Vivant (LeLutka)
Head: Lelutka - Andrea (Bento)
Applier brows: Avi-Glam - LOGO Eyebrows (Omega)
Poses: Agapee

• Like 14

10 minutes ago, Vin Soulstar said:

I do photography in RL so I use Lightroom for the SL pics. The filters come in handy for SL pics which is nice as well as sharpening, contrast etc.

I use a combination of Photoshop, On1Photo10 with various plugins (for all the filters), and for the composites I use the freeware Photoscape program, which has a great 'page' option for that kind of thing, with a load of templates.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Asher Isodo said:

I have to admit.  I love these pictures.  I can't make anything I take in SL look near as good as yall do.  I don't know what you do but they all look amazing!

I fudge it, Asher - a lot - but thank you for the compliment!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vin Soulstar said:

It's just practice :)

I always have my settings on ultra taking pics and it's always fun to play with the sky and water settings as well as the day/night cycles to get some nice shadows happening.

Another good HUD to use is called Animare, you can adjust every part of your body.

Ya show off! All my graphics settings are sitting as low as they can go (it's just a 12 month old laptop, too! *Note to self: buy a desktop!). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Avaraia Aljon said:

I'm in a very horrible mood today because i reached my breaking point with maultiple people. so heres my avatar forum people because i've got nothing better to do.

Snapshot_090.png

Snapshot_096.png

Snapshot_095.png

Hugs and sets down a plate of triple choc chip cookies and hot chocolate...

• Like 2

Just now, Asher Isodo said:

Pffft that last picture had little to fudge, but you are most welcome :)

No really, when you're running on the lowest graphics setting, there's a whole lot of fudging to be done - WL settings, a few prayers, positioned just so, whatever filters might work...and a little help from GIMP ;) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AnyaJurelle said:

59fec57356fe5_LEmporioMarnie.thumb.jpg.3fd3e5bf5316e1033f7c28bc15c0dddf.jpg

Ok I'm using this as an example, but it applies to Vin, Sagadin, or any one else who's posted in this thread so far.   There is little to fudge when you start with such beautiful subjects.  I'd hardly call it fudging to take such beauty and at best, maybe make it look a little better in the picture.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2