How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

I  was inspired by a song written by one of my favorite fantasy authors, Mercedes Lackey.  I had a picture in my head of what I wanted the pose to be, but couldn't find it on the MP.  I don't have any of t he fancy poser thingies, so I hopped on Black Dragon and attempted to make the pose in there.  This isn't quite what I envisioned, but for my first time doing something other than adjusting a finger here or there, I'll take it. 

Day151

• Like 33

1 minute ago, Catrie said:

I  was inspired by a song written by one of my favorite fantasy authors, Mercedes Lackey.  I had a picture in my head of what I wanted the pose to be, but couldn't find it on the MP.  I don't have any of t he fancy poser thingies, so I hopped on Black Dragon and attempted to make the pose in there.  This isn't quite what I envisioned, but for my first time doing something other than adjusting a finger here or there, I'll take it. 

Day151

And it's gorgeous. Especially the colours!

How did you get the weathered and distressed look????

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

How did you get the weathered and distressed look????

I have some layers that I got from a Photoshop YouTube tutorial once.  I've used it on a few pictures in the past.  I actually started by putting this in Pixlr and put a dust and a dark vignette layer on it and it just wasn't "weathered" enough for me, so I went back to Photoshop and dug out these layers and added the other 2 dust layers and the aged paper layers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, here's a second pic from the same shoot as the night-time one above. Different angle, slight change to the pose, and (obviously) different Windlight/EEP. For this one, I just added a touch of bokeh to supplement the native "lens flare" in BD.

I went in today to take a quick shot to capture my mood -- I guess "still, sad music of humanity" about says it. I'm not entirely sure which I like better. I suspect that the night shot is a better, or at least more striking picture (ironically, given that it was very much an impromptu shot, too), but this one is probably a more accurate record of how I am feeling today.

Sad-Still-Music-(Day)-Blank.thumb.png.56b40b20474bcbd3b2602ff677cd0308.png

• Like 40

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, here's a second pic from the same shoot as the night-time one above. Different angle, slight change to the pose, and (obviously) different Windlight/EEP. For this one, I just added a touch of bokeh to supplement the native "lens flare" in BD.

I went in today to take a quick shot to capture my mood -- I guess "still, sad music of humanity" about says it. I'm not entirely sure which I like better. I suspect that the night shot is a better, or at least more striking picture (ironically, given that it was very much an impromptu shot, too), but this one is probably a more accurate record of how I am feeling today.

Other than saying the obvious: that you post incredibly good, well-thought out things, be they photots or poetry, you contributions of the last 2 days have meant a lot to me, with you standing up for that poor black man, and equal justice for all. ❤️

All that is required for evil not to triumph** is for good people to CARE. And you did. And I thank you for it. 👍

** I initially wrote 'trumph' (true story). If ever I saw a Freudian slip, that was it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Your avatar looks exceptionally pretty with this lighting, and such a beautiful shaped mouth, and slightly mussed up hair. It's lovely, Scylla. 

_____

I walked away from my computer, and as I did so, had to turn around and add ...

The beauty from within shines out from your avatar's face. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Aedan Charron said:

I see what you're trying to do there, Carolina - but you look much better in front of that window than I do lol.

I will say that this build does lend itself to lots of photo opportunities 🙂  ( I think I may need help decorating this room too from the look of things 😄 )

no you dont.jpg

lol, actually I noticed that was something going on this treat with the apartment, hahaha so funny, It's so good.. I love the view.. I will say its huge so I can imagine needing a helping hand to decorate it 😋 love those snaps you took around it!! Im sure is looking awesome 😛

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I walked away from my computer, and as I did so, had to turn around and add ...

The beauty from within shines out from your avatar's face.

I kind of needed that today, Marigold.

Thank you so very, very much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Stunning 😍

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I kind of needed that today, Marigold.

Thank you so very, very much.

Well it's a mutual bolstering, Scylla. Life feels very turbulent for one reason and another, mainly because of unreasonable thoughts and deeds - but not on this thread!!! 

I get a lot of comfort and joy from this thread, seeing how people use their technology and talents and time so well. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

you contributions of the last 2 days have meant a lot to me,

I'm really happy to hear this, Kira.

In times like this, I turn a great deal to poetry. Lines like the conclusion of Philip Larkin's "The Mower" spring to mind all the time: "we should be careful / Of each other, we should be kind / While there is still time."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Running like a fox to keep up with me...

VICE X ADORED for The Level. Full credits here.

49957676841_93e2737205_h.jpg

Your av reminds me so much of my RL boyfriend from high school days, and I find I want to tell you what I never told him back then, you are beautiful! My brother says men can't be beautiful, but of course they can, and you are!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Your av reminds me so much of my RL boyfriend from high school days, and I find I want to tell you what I never told him back then, you are beautiful! My brother says men can't be beautiful, but of course they can, and you are!

Aww, thank you so much, Marigold! :)

• Like 4

Arcadia Bay, 2049 AD, ca. 40 years after The Storm. The searing heat from the sun has made planet surface-life almost impossible. Then, one day, on a routine inspection from the shore observatory, it had arrived, "New Life!" And finally I had hope again.

cine4.thumb.jpg.138bcc14dd91a08a49843454dc545697.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1