How does your avatar look today ?

Posted (edited)

When I first went "mesh" with my main, Scylla, about a year and a half ago, I think I had the conception that it should be possible to achieve a "look" that was recognizably like my old system avatar, but better -- more "realistic." I think a lot of us went into, or go into, mesh heads for the first time with that intention, because we become attached to how we look: it's part of our identity. A few people here have done that very well, most notably, I think, @GoSpeed Racer.

I wasn't able to achieve that very exactly with Scylla, for a number of reasons, but I think I've managed it nearly as well as possible with Laskya, who's now wearing the Catwa Freya. I think this is what I had in mind by "the same, but better." It's by no means an exact replication, but it seems to me pretty darn close: she looks, to me, recognizably "the same person."

So, here's a side-by-side comparison. For the purposes of the pic, I'm wearing the same (old) sculptie/flexie hair, and the same outfit. My apologies for the quality of the image: I don't seem to have kept many pics of Laskya, and this one has been grabbed off my old blog.

ETA: I think I look older here. Which is entirely appropriate!

Laskya-Comparison-Blank.jpg.28fe107e858d921e96fef4340e4f5b27.jpg

You may now applaud.

Edited by LaskyaClaren
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 35.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my current avatar. She's an Usagi Child ^.^  

i was wondering around a SIM one day, and some dude private messaged me tellin' me he loved my look... he was very polite and kind, asked me to stop running and turn my AO off for him, so i did... the

I find it very entertaining to switch my looks according to my mood. I woke up one day and decided to change my shape into a more petite and "model" look.   Before (with Genesis Lab bento head):

Posted Images

On 5/17/2020 at 5:34 AM, Marigold Devin said:

By some strange coincidence, the track "Almost cut my hair" by Crosby, Stills and Nash just came on the radio! Just adds to the atmos of your lovely photo.

How's that for synchronicity? : D That's a song I haven't heard in a while. Great tune.

• Like 3
Posted (edited)

Yesterday was a day of contrast. There was the joy and thrill of participating in Bay City's 12th Anniversary. So much fun!

Then there was a change to my Second Life which didn't hurt much at first, but as the hours ticked by the sense of pain and loss grew. It's a brand new week, a new day, but I am starting at the bottom. The only way is up, right?

**Blue Monday**

Blue Monday.jpg

Edited by GoSpeed Racer
  • Like 36
10 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

Love this!!  Your Georgic series never fails to entertain. 🙂 

Thanks Eva!

I'm going to miss my little farm when I have to tear it down. (I'm planning maybe 2 or 3 more shots in the series.)

• Like 2
On 5/17/2020 at 9:51 PM, LaskyaClaren said:

ETA: @Skell Dagger, I got some help figuring out why my eye HUD wasn't working from two of your colleagues, Kittia and Mejer (I think were their names?). Both were really sweet and helpful! You work with some nice people!

Thank you for the lovely feedback. I've passed that on to them both :)

21 hours ago, Maitimo said:

The colours and vibrancy in both of these are absolutely stunning.

Thank you!

• Like 2