How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ok, don't.

Or say you did, but that I quietly confiscated your house keys from your purse so you'd have to come back to get them. Blame me.

Nearly everyone here, myself not least, seems to be out of sorts right now. We're on edge, we're quick to nitpick and criticize, and we're even quicker to take offense. That's pretty natural under the circumstances: this is a bit like an oversized version of Big Brother, and we're all confined here and limited to each other for company, and we're starting to drive each other crazy.

You've got good reason to be annoyed. There are doubtless people here (shall I name names?) who feel they have good reason to be pissed off at me -- I extend apologies to them here, because they are important and valuable, and I don't want them to be annoyed at me.

YOU are too important and valuable to let go. You belong here.

What we all need to do, maybe, is recognize that we are all working on short fuses right now, and our irritation. maybe, has less to do with the people we feel irritated at, and a whole lot to do with the situation that we all find ourselves in right now.

So, come back for your keys. Soon.

Pretty sure you've got me on "ignore," Conall (and I'm also pretty sure you're not the only one), but you too belong here.

Excellent post, as per usual. Although I got to chuckle a bit at the idea of someone actually being pissed off at you😵

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

As for YOU.

🤬

I already told I was DONE with the whole matter.

Scylla, .. with all due respect : you might be the 'mother' to anyone or anything and especially in here, but you are not mine nor portray any of her personal authority over me.  Also : I have no authority about anyone's conduct here  but my own. Let's have that perfectly clear amongst us.

Proportion was the key-word here : the perfected proportional body and pictures of Conall ( whom I've always enjoyed and supported as a contributor to this thread ).

Taking things out of proportion happens both unwillingly and willfully. Ask yourself, if so inclined, who did which when and who was on a serious note and who wasn't.

I get many don't get my sense of humour. That's cool. And if you think I'm not all that funny , I can be ignored easily. If you can't , than that's YOUR problem.

But it's cowardly to keep popping into this thread, accuse others of all knds of things hysterically, run over to the 'How are you feeling today'- thread and rally others for support to come back here and whine about injustice. In short .. repetitive sulking.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Conall DeCuir said:

Well, i think i am out here too. People just like to nitpick.

Dude ..

If I am to be sorry about anything than it is that I involved your post into too much crap in this thread unintentionally. I will avoid it in the future.

My sincere apologies, @Conall DeCuir. You are a great contributor to the thread ( one of the best ) and I  hope you continue to do so.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 3

On 5/8/2020 at 7:54 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I love the rain when the clouds are the colour of sulphur, and the sun momentarily breaks through.

Georgic-3-Blank.thumb.png.2f7afafc9b1cbdfa0195405967377ae5.png

The gloves are an awesome touch too. :) Only noticed the PPE now. Personal Protective Equipment, or Photoshop Postprocessing Enhancement? 😁

• Thanks 1

what to say…

I would have to write in my native language because it would be easier for me to express certain concepts.
I hope all of you can understand, in case of misunderstandings ask me and I will try to clarify, if you want.
I entered this community last year and never posted anything until the beginning of this year, if I remember correctly ,.
a difficult period of my life has pushed me to find a small refuge on sl.
it had seemed to me a place where the sense of community was very strong but not closed, indeed well disposed towards any new arrival and helpful.

Among of all the various tread in the forum, this is the most popular because there is a desire to share and be followed.
who doesn't pleasand to be told that the avatar is well done or that the photos and the outfit are amazing?

None, I suppose, or rather few because there are also those who do not post photos and like to follow the evolution of others.
there are those who post few, who much, who comment, who does not, who puts descriptions on the photo, who does not, who puts only "likes", who reads in silence, infinite variables like the human being.

but lately it seems to me that something is breaking, that the serenity that has made it a pleasant place for me to spend some of my time is missing.
what does it matter if you have pointed ears or have too many muscles? if you have huge boobs or are you flat as a board? if you are fat or thin, high or low ... if the photos are post-produced or not?
as in the "real" photography it seems that this diatribe is difficult to overcome but we are all different so if you don't like a photo go further, or say what you don't like but without being rude.
 I personally do not appreciate all the photos that are there but I appreciate what is behind them and those that are not really in my ropes, most of the time for what they represent, I simply do not put "I like" and I skip them because I think that each of us must feel free to express who is, within the limits of the rules imposed by the forum itself.

I love @Scylla Rhiadra photos because they have a nostalgic and melancholy mood that makes my soul vibrate, those of @Conall DeCuir because I find that he has an unquestionable ability to build the scene and a perfect management of her avatar (even if the new one is a thousand miles away from my ideal as a male), those of @TDD123because I see his delicate soul within them, those of @Eva Knoller for the sense of serenity and naturalness that they transmit to me by looking at them, those of @Panteleevafor raw shots, those of @taisiyakarpenkobecause I envy her clothes and and the use of ps and so on ... I don't mention all of you but almost for each of you there is a reason why in the pleasure I feel by looking at your photos.

read all your comments is not always easy for me, for several reasons for example because  I struggle to read everything,  or because obviously not being my language and  so many meanings remain obscure but from outside what I say is that it is a real regret to see how sometimes these dramatic moments come up.

I would like to have more time to spend on sl but my poor connection erodes the time I spent on this world just to try to "see" what surrounds me.

I was very happy when I received an invitation to join a pajama party in the world but I felt like "a fish out of water" because I upload very slow and I could not follow the speed of the chat.

therefore I think it is really a pity that any kind of people decide to leave this place because are all them  that  make it special.

and even if is not easy to understand the sense of humor of everyone let's try do do

I would like to close with a banal phrase:

"love is always the answer"

I forgot to say that a big wish is meeting all of you in real life because I'm sure that all of you is simply a wonderful person

Edited by manoji Yachvili
edited again because I found a lot of mistakes... I related to Conall with "she" ahah
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 8

22 hours ago, Gage Wirefly said:

Playing around with the Catwa gift head-which is so generous! Thank you Catwa. All my images look sort of post processed and they are- but only with Singularity's built in PyFx filters and Windlights. They are kind of amazing!

sKNQmi6.png

love this outfit.. can I ask where did you buy it? thanks

• Like 3

Finally done tinkering with the Catwa Freya "unisex" group gift mesh head (gawd that's a lot of words to describe one thing!) I think I won't be the only one who says that while it's supposed to be unisex, female avatars are going to have it easier to create a great look with this head. Still, I do like a challenge 🙂

Freya

• Like 26

They never show any of this pre - cataclysmic b1tchy, sulky, petulant, snappy, moody, slow burn breakdown of society in all those 'Apocalypse' movies, do they? These forums are becoming a bloody good example of why that is lately....it's boring AF! Jesus!
Someone pays someone a compliment - all hell breaks loose! Someone says someone's shoulders aren't as broad as someone elses - similar outcome! I mention the word "fairy" in it's original context, and the gay's start raising eyebrows! Someone mentions a persons name who may or may not be a white woman, and the black women jump in with all the "whataboutism" bollox! I poke a bit of fun at someone wearing raw chainmail against a very hairy chest - they see their ars* (get upset) throw a sulk and decide to leave!
WTF is wrong with everybody?
I've been in 50% self imposed "lockdown" for 5 years now...and I'm perfectly normal ffs!  🙂  Get a grip and lighten the f*** up!

In other news....InventedSuicide - Found a place for you to post your NSFW photo's...it's 'Dano Seale@msn............'  😁 
(I'll await the coming storm for that one I guess!) 

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

Oh FFS.... Let's not get this thread locked pretty please everyone!

To the actual contributors of this thread, I really hope you keep posting. We are all bound to get one each other's nerves spending so much time "together".  Just like my RL family.  LOL

Snapshot_613kkjj.thumb.png.784aaf0983ad7200d84056b38477781b.png

• Like 33

Post-flounce clarification: In my haste to flounce I caused a possibly hurtful misconception. In the final-straw bit with TDD123 and others there was also some joking around about "post-production to hell" which was a humorous comment made TO me by SOMEONE ELSE. It did NOT upset me. There were some little joke comments about Photoshop and some serious comments about post-production. THOSE WERE NOT WHAT I WAS REFERRING TO IN MY SNIT. I know I'm going to leave some people out but I just want to say that the funny comments by @Eva Knoller and @taisiyakarpenko were not part of any hard feelings. If you were part of that "stuff" then you are not at all involved.

The grief I mentioned in the Official Flounce, that I got for post-production and flagging my photos sometimes with "screenshot no post-production" is older than recent events and somewhat ongoing. I have gotten PMs griefing me for not liking pictures, ffs! Stuff like that. 

Sorry for the confusion regarding the last round of joking. I do have a sense of humor and can tell when folks are good-naturedly poking and when they are not.

Edited by Seicher Rae
Grammar
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Dano Seale said:

They never show any of this pre - cataclysmic b1tchy, sulky, petulant, snappy, moody, slow burn breakdown of society in all those 'Apocalypse' movies, do they?

They did, but "Sex in the City" had only a finite number of seasons to go  before it turned into "The Golden Girls' ... :|

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, TDD123 said:

you might be the 'mother' to anyone or anything and especially in here

You misspelled "sexy and alluring fashion icon."

I'm not trying to exert authority over anyone. I am pleading for a bit of gentleness and generosity (and not excluding myself from that).

If that makes me "mum" or wannabe "queen of the forum," then so be it. Whatevs!

Let's just try to remember that we're all good people here, and, mostly, we like each other. Let's treat each other as we should people we like and admire. That's all!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, kiramanell said:

The gloves are an awesome touch too. :) Only noticed the PPE now. Personal Protective Equipment, or Photoshop Postprocessing Enhancement? 😁

Today's "Fun Fact": searching for "Gardening gloves" on the MP reveals that pretty much all that's available are a nice looking set that are not wearable: they're a prop.

Which means having to improvise. Because gardens and fields are full of icky bugs and worms and things.

6 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Although I got to chuckle a bit at the idea of someone actually being pissed off at you.

Kira, even *I* get pissed off at me sometimes!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Today's "Fun Fact": searching for "Gardening gloves" on the MP reveals that pretty much all that's available are a nice looking set that are not wearable: they're a prop.

Which means having to improvise. Because gardens and fields are full of icky bugs and worms and things.

Kira, even *I* get pissed off at me sometimes!

Here's another Fun Fact: I saw you give a 'Like' (eeew, FB) to TD's latest comment on you. Many forumites would immediately resort to ripping him a new one. Not you. Very classy. 👍 And, en passant, also explains why I find it so hard to imagine why ppl could ever be mad at you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

NEW Rule…

We argue, fuss, debate, compliment, flatter, and occasionally ridicule in this thread. Humans always have done those things. And sometimes whatever we are doing is justified. I haven’t seen anything happen to change that. Ideas to change human nature have never been in short supply. We have yet to find any that work to change our nature. There are ideas that inhibit our behavior...

The founding fathers of the USA recognized the problem. They started a system of individual responsibility in self-rule, called the Great Experiment. It does not attempt to change human nature, which made it an exceptional form of government.

So… rather than yell at people to stop yelling at each other… (notice the oxymoron) when they argue, fuss, or ridicule… let’s yell at them to INCLUDE an image of them expressing what they feel or (hopefully) think. (OMG! I will so often have to shut up…)

Authority for New Rule

Where do I get the authority to make a new rule? From the fortune-telling machine I put 25¢ in. It says I have the AUTHORITY (hear the god-like echo and reverberation?). So... shape up peeps!             (I also have the RL Goldengate Bridge for sale…) 

So… here is my image…

Nal-@ElvenMistBD_002.thumb.png.95a383679667677e920c80f744743913.png

I took this in Everwinter, Elvin Mist. I was looking to get an image that would work with this image. For me the little doll looks to be talking to me... arguing? Then there are the two in masks attempting to avoid the toxicity of the conversation. The clowns in the background signify the silly drama. The two tricycles provide an ignored way out for the participants.

I found Everwinter to be a very cluttered place. Interesting. I wasn't inspired to take more images. I did cam through the region, love my SpaceNavigator, and saw some possibilities for fun images.

I used Black Dragon's Poser to tweak the pose. I am tending to use BD any time I think I want to take pictures. Firestorm still has stuff I rely on and REALLY miss when using BD. The Favorites Panel is way important to me for interactive play in SL.

• Like 16

14 hours ago, Dano Seale said:
15 hours ago, Conall DeCuir said:

The Viking ...

Chain mail is supposed to be leather backed. You'll be dancing around the battlefield like a fairy..."oww....ooh....eek....ouch.." and will give yourself a very painful "Brazillian" when you take it off brother!  🥴

Reality be damned - he wouldn't look near as hot

• Like 6
  • Haha 1