How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

Exploring Fantasy Faire and experiencing stuff for the "pet peeve" thread: Me standing there out of the way for quite a while, trying out poses and positions and getting knocked into and bumped out of frame not once, not twice, but THREE times for one effing shot by THREE different avatars. I assume they have their viewers set to friends only. grrrrrr  That feature should be abolished...

The Lamented Fens 043020_001.jpg

The Lamented Fens 043020_002.jpg

• Like 31

This is a really simple outfit, and most of these items I picked up on sale; one of 'em was a SLB gift!

I really quite like the crop top and skirt, which is by a brand I don't really know. I think it has a casual elegance, and it's quite well made: I wish now I'd bought it in some more colours. The hat is LBD -- Little Black Dress -- so, a shout out to our own @Peony Swee*****er!

Credits below

Model-5-Blank.thumb.png.3366649a59f5fcbb44d44b9bf761e902.png

[DDL] - Cross Crop Top
[DDL] - Pencil Skirt
Neve - SLB16 Scarf
*LBD* - B&W Vintage Hat
Erratic - Ira Pumps
Reign - Slouchy Tote Bag

• Like 30

is spring time... wishing to walk with friends in a flower's field🌺

thanks @Scylla Rhiadra and @taisiyakarpenko 😘

Scylla, you are doing one of my favorite things.. post the avi with different dress, may be in the future I'll copy you 😉

Annie Nova, sorry I cannot quote you, this is the link for market place https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/28328

I've mixed two different type of hair

springtime.jpg

Edited by manoji Yachvili
  • Like 25

6 hours ago, manoji Yachvili said:

is spring time... wishing to walk with friends in a flower's field🌺

springtime.jpg

Bee careful

And also freckles grrrrr

Edited by Zzevir
After a night shift my English deteriorate faster then my mood
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Exploring Fantasy Faire and experiencing stuff for the "pet peeve" thread: Me standing there out of the way for quite a while, trying out poses and positions and getting knocked into and bumped out of frame not once, not twice, but THREE times for one effing shot by THREE different avatars. I assume they have their viewers set to friends only. grrrrrr  That feature should be abolished...

The Lamented Fens 043020_001.jpg

The Lamented Fens 043020_002.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous, Seicher. I particularly love how the skirt drapes around your lifted leg. (And those heels - how do you walk in those heels?! )

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2020 at 5:19 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Thanks, Kira. Poses are mostly the easy part though! (Although I do sometimes tinker with them, and nearly always customize the facial expressions.)

There is now, as there really wasn't 10 years ago, a huge marketplace for goods, especially poses and pre-made backdrops, that caters almost entirely to the photography community, and especially to the fashion blogger. Static poses with Instagram-like postures and attitudes abound. I haven't in the past made much use of that kind of pose, because I'm generally trying to capture something a bit more naturalistic, or that at least doesn't involve mugging at the camera.

And actually, I probably still won't use them much for fashion pics, in part because they're often dull and predictable, and in part because I don't want to present as a 20 year old (except on the rare occasions I use my alternate persona "Gabby").

I'm keeping an eye on the people I know who fashion blog, and do it well -- @Catrie, @TatianaNikolay, @Skell Dagger, and others. I'm trying to do something a bit different than they are (although Skell's pics maybe come closest to the look I'm trying to achieve), but they're all very good at what they do, and provide useful models. And in terms of clothes, I'm ready to slavishly imitate the looks of a lot of people here.

Thanks for the details 'background' info, Scylla. 😋 I have never made use of those at all -- primarily simply because I didn't know about their existence. :) Now you got me curious. And yeah, Skell is not only a fantastic photographer, but his free courses are very good too. Still, the above picture, that was just really all you, sans any significant background (part of what made it stand apart so, even). Keep 'em coming! ❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2020 at 1:40 PM, EllieNewell said:

Following my bake fail and corrupted shape, I rose from the ashes, after some major keyboard tapping...……..and what's amazing is that after all that slider work, I'm still a Newell.

:)

SL27.png

SL26.png

Many there be, that would give up their first-born to have their looks 'fail' like that! 😋❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Artair Glendullen said:

...  putting a kitchen I actually like together at home! ...

You, sir, cannot be saved no more from lunacy.

I also have a kitchen. Why do I have a kitchen ? I still have found no answer to it. It's non-sensical to own a purely digital kitchen. It never smells of cooking there. Why are there some many appliances for it ? Do avatars exchange recipes ? Help!! 🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 5