How does your avatar look today ?

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my current avatar. She's an Usagi Child ^.^  

i was wondering around a SIM one day, and some dude private messaged me tellin' me he loved my look... he was very polite and kind, asked me to stop running and turn my AO off for him, so i did... the

Not a GREAT picture but i was working on this avi last night. :3 I'm obsessed with my face.

Posted Images

So i made a complete re-do of myself. New head (again), new face anyway because my old one just didn't got changed into BOM, a new fitting body for my face, few wrinkles and some grey temples (because i am getting 50 y/o this year). I am a bit cross eyed now but BOM. Oh, and i basically ditched the hair and just go with the hairbase mostly, because ... while there are hundreds of different female hairs, its just a few good ones for men ... short ones, no undercut ... just good short hair ...

cdc278

cdc277

• Like 29

Thanks to @Madelaine McMasters for pointing me at this sim/location. The car show is in full swing, but I wanted to take some photos with the Morgan because, well, we have one in the family :)

When I got there I really struggled to find this car, and almost gave up, but then the owner showed up, and was kind enough to tp me right to the location on the harbourside. This is a very photogenic location. In the second and third images, it does rather look as if I'm bored with waiting...………..yeah this does happen....haha!

SL14.png

SL19a.png

SL19b.png

• Like 29
3 minutes ago, BelindaSalt said:

Thanks to @Madelaine McMasters for pointing me at this sim/location. The car show is in full swing, but I wanted to take some photos with the Morgan because, well, we have one in the family :)

When I got there I really struggled to find this car, and almost gave up, but then the owner showed up, and was kind enough to tp me right to the location on the harbourside. This is a very photogenic location. In the second and third images, it does rather look as if I'm bored with waiting...………..yeah this does happen....haha!

SL14.png

SL19a.png

SL19b.png

You only need a driver

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
6 hours ago, BelindaSalt said:

Thanks to @Madelaine McMasters for pointing me at this sim/location. The car show is in full swing, but I wanted to take some photos with the Morgan because, well, we have one in the family

When I was growing up in the 60's and 70's in California, my dad had a thing about English sports cars.  We had a Morgan +4, and after hitting a cow and totaling the car, we got a 1957 Morgan 4/4 which my mom kept until the early '90's.   For awhile when I was in elementary school, it was our only car, and as it was before seat belts and child safety seats, my sister and I would ride in the luggage area just behind the front seats. It definitely left me with a love of convertibles, and if money was no object, I'd have a Morgan parked in my garage.

In SL, the first Morgan I came across and purchased was a 1934 3-wheeler:

2128036197_20200419PippinsGlenatRamanujan_001.thumb.jpg.1266a157ca5cf87a2a4f09bf161b5dac.jpg

363477050_20200419PippinsGlenatRamanujan_002.thumb.jpg.32fc4adb8d8adef25add1c3903a5e331.jpg

• Like 26
15 hours ago, Amanda Dallin said:

Which is why my ship strikes fear in the hearts of pirates across Second Life.

09cdae56601edcfef5ea0fb928f8ddc8.png

For real? I mean that is like a thing in history?

I was playing at home. I have a Stand where it looks like I frame things around me for a picture. I thought looking between my hands would make a nice shot. I used Black Dragon. In Developer->Avatar->Slow animations helps to be able to capture the right pose. However, clicking Poser's STaRT button freezes the avatar. Some tweaks, camera set up and a little Photoshop...

49795331997_dcb42af20f_b.jpg

I am very happy with the Poser tweak to the lips.

• Like 18
16 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

For real? I mean that is like a thing in history?

The pink ship wasn't part of history but I have been using pink ships in SL ship battles for a while now.  Along with the striped sails with the snake from the Continental Navy Jack (we are the Continental Navy), the pink ships have become my signature.  

Skell is right and his link is pretty good about pink being considered a masculine color.  Some 18th century military units had pink as part of their uniform.  In the Napoleonic wars era they used a riot of colors.  In the mid Victorian era (mid 1800s) male babies were dressed in pink and female in blue.  It was the early 20th century before the modern pink and blue associations were  cemented.  Of course this is in Western European cultures, particularly English speaking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1