How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

3 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

609215.jpg?width=1200

A comparison crossed my mind, which I found pretty point on for your change of looks:

The previous face was much like Minecraft Vanilla with all blocks and standard textures.

That face now is like Minecraft with all bells and whistles of shaders, texture packs and HD mods. 😇

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

A comparison crossed my mind, which I found pretty point on for your change of looks:

The previous face was much like Minecraft Vanilla with all blocks and standard textures.

That face now is like Minecraft with all bells and whistles of shaders, texture packs and HD mods. 😇

Oh I hope it's not really like Minecraft at all...! 😲

• Haha 1

On 4/6/2020 at 1:27 AM, Tess Falworth said:

So, this is the look for today.. Picked up the free Genus Bento head, and I had a fun time creating a shape and finding a skin. I was able to test some new eyes I was working on enjoyed using my BOM freckles, winged liner and little broken heart tat (which is a gift for Phases.. coming soon). I have enjoyed using BOM for makeup, tattoos and things of the sort. It is nice to have as many layers of tattoos as you want without having to choose between one or another. Thanks to Genus for giving this lovely head as a gift!❤️

80046801_brbsocialdistancing.thumb.png.748675fbf8db26fca3550667bdcb294e.png

As always, Tess, a wonderful look 🙂 I love the shirt, where is it from please? 🙂

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

Oh I hope it's not really like Minecraft at all...! 😲

I get what Lillith is trying to say here. I think that when she likened your 'new look' to Minecraft with all the bells and whistles she meant especially Minecraft with additional texture packs, shaders and ray tracing, which actually makes it look amazing. There are tons of YT videos showing before/after with that kind of thing, but here is just one example. (Disclaimer: I don't play Minecraft and have no interest in playing it, but I occasionally watch some of the building videos because - like the classic prim-building in SL - it interests me to see how people put things together.)

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

I get what Lillith is trying to say here. I think that when she likened your 'new look' to Minecraft with all the bells and whistles she meant especially Minecraft with additional texture packs, shaders and ray tracing, which actually makes it look amazing. There are tons of YT videos showing before/after with that kind of thing, but here is just one example. (Disclaimer: I don't play Minecraft and have no interest in playing it, but I occasionally watch some of the building videos because - like the classic prim-building in SL - it interests me to see how people put things together.)

Wow, that's pretty impressive. I haven't looked at Minecraft in about 15 years so I had no idea they'd done all that stuff.

Is the Genus head really that much better than Catwa? Though I'm seeing a difference in the face shape, I'm not really seeing any difference in render quality compared to Catwa. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

I shall not try further attempts of complimenting references. 😗

Kitty-Hugs-cute-kittens-10796547-198-182

Wasn't your fault, I just wasn't familiar with anything from Minecraft in the last 15 years or more.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

I haven't looked at Minecraft in about 15 years so I had no idea they'd done all that stuff.

To be fair, the higher quality look is all mods, and the ray tracing that is being used there - if the comments are anything to go by on this kind of video - requires a pretty powerful computer.

20 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

Is the Genus head really that much better than Catwa?

That's probably not the sort of question you should be asking someone who is a CSR for Catwa xD I don't personally think that it is, but I was just stepping in (apologies, Lillith!) to clarify something that was clearly intended as a compliment.

ETA: I'm going to add to the above in that I also think the quality of that photo in particular is really good. The composition and lighting, the whole look that you had going on there; everything combined makes it seem a 'step up', if that makes sense. That's not to belittle any photos that you've taken in the past, but we all improve as we continue doing something that we love, we get better at it, and sometimes it takes changing one thing to inspire us to do that - either consciously or subconsciously.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1