How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

Family picture; The Stormdragons.

The Parents in background watching over kid carefully; Stryder, Sneak and Seren aka my beloved husband and wife plus our respective children from right to left: Lily, Stormy, Mae, Charity and Mira (Mira is my child with Stryder); both wives are expecting another at some point.

Stormdragon Family; Stryder, Sneak & Seren plus our kids from R to L- Lily, Stormy, Mae, Charity , and Mira.png

• Like 16

4 hours ago, Saravendi said:

My very Unconventional Fairy Uniform...(and I'm sure the rainbow doobie isn't kosher either)

Sara Fairy 2.jpg

Lovely, and in part because it is so unexpected. The blue jean "overalls" caught my attention and made me stop and really look, and the other details kept pulling me in. ♥

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Saravendi said:

Great shot Scylla, love the set-up and mood. Looks like a rl photo!

Thanks, Sara, although this is one of the shots that demonstrates again something I've noticed before: sometimes it's the quickest, most impromptu shots that work the best.

This was literally a spur-of-the-moment pic, taken while Maddy was telling me about how she created floating dandelion seeds from particles (no, really); I'm not sure she even knew I was taking it.The animations are just the ones on the chairs, and the pic was straight from the viewer without even cropping. All of which contrasts with the hours I spent on the much-less-interesting "Couture" pic (most of which was creating the pose in BD; that was fun!).

I'm sure there is a lesson to be learned here . . . like, maybe I need to spend even more time setting up shots!!

Right?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

I raised the neckline with a system layer; hoping this is sufficient.

This is SL . . . are you even allowed to wear something with a neckline that doesn't plunge down to your navel????

I may have to AR this.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

sometimes it's the quickest, most impromptu shots that work the best.

I'm sure there is a lesson to be learned here . . . like, maybe I need to spend even more time setting up shots!!

Right?

Ahhhh, yes. My favorite iteration of this manifestation is the old "last position" shot the computer takes automatically as you close the viewer. I can't tell you how many times THAT shot, which I have very little to do with, is better than the shots I spent way too long fussing with. 

Literally eons ago, when Muybridge and I were shooting in this stuff called film, and I was in a Photography 101 class, the professor had us address this specifically. That FILM was used, that needed to be processed (which we did in class) and was expensive to purchase, is important to remember. He was trying to get us to be less precious with each shot having to be perfect. We had to just randomly shoot photos. Like with the camera hanging around our necks, set on the counter, out of a moving car window. And yep, there was a lot of crap but there was also a few gems. In these days (said while sitting on my front porch yelling at teens to get off my lawn), with the immediacy of digital, without the hassle of developing film, without the expense of film, it is even easier to be more spontaneous and just... click and cull. 

I'm glad you brought this up, because I tend to get very fussy and slow, because I don't do any post-processing. I feel like I can't get sloppy. Time to go back to Photo 101, SL version.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

My favorite iteration of this manifestation is the old "last position" shot the computer takes automatically as you close the viewer. I can't tell you how many times THAT shot, which I have very little to do with, is better than the shots I spent way too long fussing with.

God YES. SOOOOOO often . . .

2 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

In these days (said while sitting on my front porch yelling at teens to get off my lawn), with the immediacy of digital, without the hassle of developing film, without the expense of film, it is even easier to be more spontaneous and just... click and cull. 

I'm glad you brought this up, because I tend to get very fussy and slow, because I don't do any post-processing. I feel like I can't get sloppy. Time to go back to Photo 101, SL version.

This is kind of a brilliant idea. I'm going to start doing this! Thank you!

The only drawback I can see to it, really, is that I do like BD for photos, but I hate it for normal interactions in SL, so I tend invariably to use FS unless I'm specifically taking a shot. In the case of the pic above, I had just finished taking the Couture pic (Maddy had been fussing about behind me while I was taking it, setting up booby traps all around my skybox, I think), so I was still on BD.

Still, FS does take nice pics too. This is definitely worth trying!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The only drawback I can see to it, really, is that I do like BD for photos, but I hate it for normal interactions in SL, so I tend invariably to use FS unless I'm specifically taking a shot.

Same. I still have a lot of trouble just doing normal things in BD, like responding to IMs! lol Oddly, my cat avatar moved around more easily in BD than Seicher does, and of course I'm not pestered with IMs or group notices with GiGi. I don't like swapping between viewers, because I'm lazy, but I do it.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Wait. Wut? Your Furry wears clothes but your human is a nudist?

I was over in Millbank and surrounded by about 3,721 Lindens and Moles... so it seemed a good idea to be dressed... 😛

That said - the funny reason about how I ended up a nudist in SL was buying the Belleza Body back before it had many clothes available, and then also liking how it looked so much I didn't want to put on clothes... 🙂

This particular furry though, does tend to also look better nude - but again being in the middle of a herd of wild moles seems like a good time to put something on. O.o

(I constantly waiver on all this... every other day I edit my whole look up and down between PG and XXX and get annoyed at the other mood...)

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/27/2020 at 9:52 PM, Saravendi said:

So can my pink bubblegum double as a face mask?

Aaaah.... that would be a no. 🙂

Now that new studies are showing the Covid-19 is so contagious because it is airborne the use of masks will soon sweep the world. (The WHO has been swearing it is not airborne. About March 16 their statements started to reveal they are behaving and making some recommendations as if it is. Medical studies by private doctors and labs in US hospitals contradict the WHO and the CDC is waiting on official results. Technically we don't know.) With the shortage of masks people will want to know how to REUSE masks. Hospitals 'were' advising single use and toss for medical personnel. That is not going to be possible with the shortages. So, how does one sanitize a mask. The Answer to disinfecting masks.

OMG! What if you can't get a mask? Any barrier helps. See DIY masks.

On 3/28/2020 at 3:31 AM, Talligurl said:

Hanging out behind the new gallery.

Untitled

😕 ... and you hang out there because...?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1