How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

1 hour ago, Amanda Dallin said:

I don't see anything at Fogbound. Something about the place crashes me every time.

I love the Music there.

I don't go there much because of the lag. I don't find it great for chat either, but some people love it there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/29/2020 at 11:13 PM, Pauck said:

Days ago told myself "do not demo that new Lelutka head", yesterday out of boredom I demoed  "Lake" and had to buy it. This head actually feels like a huge upgrade, I'm so happy my avatar can smile, the moods and expressions are amazing! 😸

2903.thumb.jpg.e4dcd5297c8afec5fad4ba4a504a4161.jpg

Wow. This is GORGEOUS.

I wonder if poor Laskya needs an upgrade? Hmmm . . .

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 3/30/2020 at 7:27 AM, kiramanell said:

As an art teacher of mine once said "It's always about the light!" Lovely, lovely, lovely! 👍

Nice to see you back, Kira, if even only for a flying visit.

And yes, I agree . . . @Talligurl does wonderful things with light, and with haze. It's a look I've tried to replicate a few times, with limited success.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Having a little fun with 1940s cheesecake shots. I played around with things like the 1970s filter and other such nonsense to get a more retro look, still screenshots though.

dya's abandoned vacation 033020_003.jpg

Lovely shots, especially this one (although I'm also partial to the first one).

So . . . *cough* . . . where's the hair from?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

I don't go there much because of the lag. I don't find it great for chat either, but some people love it there.

I've met some nice people there but, yeah, public chat is not what you go there for (except when my old friend Random is there -- he chats up a storm). I've stopped going, in part because it's so terribly laggy, and in part because it really seems to have become a pick-up place.

4 hours ago, Amanda Dallin said:

I love the Music there.

You've tried Junkyard Blues, right? The music is as good (and sometimes better), and it's less laggy. Also, there's a lot more public chat.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Having a little fun with 1940s cheesecake shots. I played around with things like the 1970s filter and other such nonsense to get a more retro look, still screenshots though.

dya's abandoned vacation 033020_003.jpg

dya's abandoned vacation 033020_004.jpg

dya's abandoned vacation 033020_005rot.jpg

I love these.  I really like that first pose - it makes me chuckle and immediately think "Gosh, what did I step on now?"

The suit is super cute.  Where did you get it?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You've tried Junkyard Blues, right? The music is as good (and sometimes better), and it's less laggy.

Wow, is that place still around?  I haven't been in years - probably at least 5 or 6. My first SL love introduced me to that place, way back in 2007.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Wow, is that place still around?  I haven't been in years - probably at least 5 or 6. My first SL love introduced me to that place, way back in 2007.

I think so, although I haven't been there myself in probably a year. I think that @kali Wylder hosts there?

Junkyard has been around forever, hasn't it? -- it was one of the first clubs I found in SL in 2008. And one of the first places I ran across "adult" pose balls, too! It doesn't even look very different than it did then (although I'm sure everything is all mesh now).

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I think so, although I haven't been there myself in probably a year. I think that @kali Wylder hosts there?

Junkyard has been around forever, hasn't it? -- it was one of the first clubs I found in SL in 2008. And one of the first places I ran across "adult" pose balls, too! It doesn't even look very different than it did then (although I'm sure everything is all mesh now).

Yes, the Junkyard is the oldest continuously operating blues club in SL.  It started in 2006 when it was just a party in Kiff Clutterbuck's back yard (which had a lot of junk in it that Kiff had collected) the party never ended and eventually Kiff built a dance floor using the blue tiles texture from the SL library. At it's height there were 10 junkyard regions surrounding the club which eventually left Kiff's back yard for larger quarters. We'll be celebrating 14 years in June.  Kiff and Dina still own it and some of the patrons can still remember the beginnings. I made the junkyard my home when I stopped being an alt and became my main avatar in 2012 and I still have a little shack there behind the junk barn.  The music is great and the people are warm and friendly.  I still host there on Saturday nights. And you're right Scylla, there is still a lot of junk there so it still looks kinda the same.

Edited by kali Wylder
typos drive me crazy
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Lovely shots, especially this one (although I'm also partial to the first one).

So . . . *cough* . . . where's the hair from?

Thank you. :) And the hair is ancient, and I don't mean the era. It is from TuTy's and the style is "Romantic."

And @LittleMe Jewell the bathing suit is from The Secret Store and the style is "Carmen."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've been mentioning my cat alt, Gato Gateau, and it has been sooooo long since I last took the kitty out to wander. (Oh, I can hear the Jr. High-level humor already. :) ) The last photo of Gato Gateau (GiGi) was in 2013! I decided to fix that and also demonstrate proper paw washing techniques, which are so important in these times.  All of my alts, SL and RL, would have a hard time choosing between cupcakes and macarons. Oh, and this is with a custom lens flare filter that doesn't wash out 1/2 of the exposure.

gigi at saddles live music 033120_001.jpg

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 28