Nostoll

How does your avatar look today ?

They didn't have a demo when I went, so I just kinda... eye-balled it... B|

Oh and I didn't need any addons like that. I was kinda baffled that somebody would put out a product for animating that... I would have thought the other part of male anatomy would need animating a bit more... :$

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I was kinda baffled that somebody would put out a product for animating that... I would have thought the other part of male anatomy would need animating a bit more... :$

You know how sometimes (in the olden days of resizing hair manually) you'd accidentally grab the corner of the resize box and things would go *WHAM!* into huge proportions? I still haven't forgotten the tears of laughter I shed after my fella accidentally did that with his crown jewels... and then kept doing it as we both fell about giggling. It brought a whole new meaning to 'grower not shower' :D

BTW, check out the HUD on your male alt's d*ck. You'll find a 'throb' option there, among other ~interesting things...

For anyone with a Bento head who has been looking for the perfect 'cigarette mouth' animation, I've just found one, and it's only L$5:

34767546942_b4a6a91857_b.jpg

Find it here on Marketplace.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ForrestChild said:

Dress is from Fuayu. And I've finally gone with Bento ears >.<

Bento ears?

Hmmm... I wonder if they have those in neko (and positioned to properly hide the human ears).

• Like 1

On 25.5.2017 at 4:35 PM, Skell Dagger said:

While, as a Brit, I appreciate.....

Only a Brit would notice this instinctively (and even then, only a pedantic Brit like me, who pays attention to that kind of thing! :D) but -

So I understand why it's so often used incorrectly, but a moment of looking more closely at the flag would tell you there was something asymmetrical about it, and I wish more SL creators would do that "looking closely" thing.

From what you wrote, I should be able to see if the flag is used correct here? https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BASEBALL-CAP-UNISEX-UK/5892694

But I have no idea. o.O So, is it a Skell approved cap? :x

• Like 1

LOL! I appear to have become the unofficial Union Jack Police ;) 

And no, that's not correct at all. There's nowhere near enough white in it. This is the official flag:

255px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png

This is the flag on the cap:

flag_nope.JPG.125372c774ef5fdc061ecb5df202bfdc.JPG

The only thing it has in common with the Union Jack is that it's red, white, and blue, and has a big cross on it. The white should surround and edge all parts of the central red crosses. Notice, too, how the upper part of the diagonal white cross in the top-left quarter of the official flag is thicker than the lower white part.

I guess some people - after a quick glance at that cap - might think "Oh, British flag", but I certainly wouldn't!

Also, the creator should NOT be using the Royal Warrant on their merchandise! They're not 'By Appointment' to the Queen, so that crest is not allowed. It's not a silly bit of "UK branding" that can be used willy-nilly. Its use on a product indicates that it's endorsed by a member of the British Royal Family. From the Royal Warrant Holders Association website:

A Royal Warrant of Appointment is a mark of recognition of those who have supplied goods or services to the Households of HM The Queen, HRH The Duke of Edinburgh or HRH The Prince of Wales for at least five years, and who have an ongoing trading arrangement.

The Monarch decides who may grant Royal Warrants. These are known as the Grantors: HM The Queen, HRH The Duke of Edinburgh and HRH The Prince of Wales.

The Royal Warrant is the document that appoints the company in its trading capacity, and is granted to a named individual, known as the Grantee. The Warrant gives the Grantee permission, and responsibility, for the display of the relevant Royal Arms in connection with the business.

Today there are around 800 Royal Warrant holders representing a huge cross-section of trade and industry, from individual craftspeople to global multi-nationals. They are united by a commitment to the highest standards of service, quality and excellence. Almost all Warrant holders are members of the Association.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 3

Yet oddly enough the flag appears to be correct below the text, in the bottom left.  So the creator had the correct image to work from.

temp.jpg.dd6f41215c903b042c9ff64d1e55e6ac.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yet oddly enough the flag appears to be correct below the text, in the bottom left.  So the creator had the correct image to work from.

Absolutely. And I edited my original post to mention the use of the Royal Warrant crest. I was focused on the flag itself when I initially replied, but then I noticed the crest. Bloody cheek! The use of that crest is the equivalent of using the US Presidential seal on an item of clothing.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1

Well, that settles it. I saw something was off, but I have a cold and my thinking is even slower. So it is good that I didn't commit a social mistake here. My, my. I was looking for a sun visor to use with a ponytail, or a cap, but not that one. I should find something looking like real Adidas or Nike sun visor. The search continues...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Bento ears?

Hmmm... I wonder if they have those in neko (and positioned to properly hide the human ears).

I've seen a few Neko Type Bento Ears, but nothing in the way you specify.

Although I'm using Bunny Ears. I'm able to edit link the ears on my head and just set them too 100% transparent

• Like 3

Men Only Monthly shopping time, plus trying on different brow shapers led to an unusal cat-eyed look for Skell:

victory01a.jpg

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Men Only Monthly shopping time, plus trying on different brow shapers led to an unusal cat-eyed look for Skell:

victory01a.jpg

I like it, but it isn't "you"! :o

By the way, you find so good hairbases. For me, it is difficult to find good hairbases for other colors than black. Often they offer 1 black, 1 white tintable.

Well, tinting a solid white color, it looks like flat paint. Not Nice at all. Always searching for blond, but tintable hairbases. A blond one is easy to tint strawberry blonde.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 5

OMG, I go away for a week to a land of no internet (yes such places do exist ?) and I come back to a whole heap of jewels!

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I like it, but it isn't "you"! :o

By the way, you find so good hairbases. For me, it is difficult to find good hairbases for other colors than black. Often they offer 1 black, 1 white tintable.

Well, tinting a solid white color, it looks like flat paint. Not Nice at all. Always searching for blond, but tintable hairbases. A blond one is easy to tint strawberry blonde.

Tell me about it! I dithered for about 15 minutes whether to use that brow shaper or my usual one, and I kept flipping back from one to the other. What decided me was that precise reason: it looked so different and unusual. I tend to see my outfits as 'characters' that Skell puts on, and this character felt more 'right' with those brows than he did with my usual ones.

The hairbase I'm practically living in right now is the Stealthic one. It goes on white, but tints perfectly, even with various blonds. However, the feathering at the front of the hair in that pic is actually the hair itself, not the hairbase. It's Stealthic's new one (at Men Only Monthly) and they've figured out perfectly how to feather hair at the edges so that it looks natural. I really love it and can't wait to see what others they bring out in the future.

1 hour ago, Sagadin said:

...a land of no internet...

Isn't that called Purgatory?! *shudders*

• Like 3

Some morning coffee and a glass of milk followed by some late morning dancing on the beach. 

milk_002.png

Zentasic_005.png

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

The hairbase I'm practically living in right now is the Stealthic one. It goes on white, but tints perfectly, even with various blonds. However, the feathering at the front of the hair in that pic is actually the hair itself, not the hairbase. It's Stealthic's new one (at Men Only Monthly)

The hair itself was no modify. >:( L'Etre has some good male hairbases, and their hair is no modify either. Not much support for unusual colors. Take what the store offer and smile.

I disagree with the assessment of my picture, but since I am at work and don't have access to the higher resolution images onmy home computer, to prove conclusively one way or the other, I will remove it. 

Edited by Talligurl